Thread: Justin King

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Justin King

He got burned and made Sanchez look like rookie of the year. So he's number 2 on our depth chart, despite having virtually no experience. Makes me wonder about how deep we are CB. Tye Hill did okay nothing spectacular.

Still didn't like the accolades given to Sanchez because of this.

Way to go for Bulger responding to Robinson! Freekin' who cares about Boomer, that sideline interview killed excitement for us on that one.

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: Justin King

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    He got burned and made Sanchez look like rookie of the year. So he's number 2 on our depth chart, despite having virtually no experience. Makes me wonder about how deep we are CB. Tye Hill did okay nothing spectacular.

Still didn't like the accolades given to Sanchez because of this.

Way to go for Bulger responding to Robinson! Freekin' who cares about Boomer, that sideline interview killed excitement for us on that one.
    Yeah, I really thought it was Hill on that play at first.Had an all-too-familiar look to it,didn't it?

Although I have to seriously question the defensive call. If they're going to ignore the old school rule of no blitzing in preseason-and it seems universal now-that was the time for one. The Jets sure came after Bulger and the other Ram QBs.

Not the Spags hardnosed attitude I was expecting. Not a big deal but vaguely disappointing.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

I agree LA, I was not pleased with King's play (not that it matters), but then again I have to keep in mind that this is "technically" his first real life action in quite some time, still I do not believe that Hill should be above him in the depth chart.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that this was a Jets charity event..I mean we got no love at all even when we made a nice play, just another testiment to how this league glorifies QB play (even if it is just 1 throw in a preseason play) I wonder how he'll be treated when he struggles in the regular season.

As far as the blitzing goes.....man I had to look twice a few times because the Jet's blitzed like this was a regular season game, and we couldn't pick up the blitz for nothing in the world especially our Darby.

Milan is offline Registered User

From what I saw, Hill had a great open field tackle and didn't surrender too much at all. I thought he played well.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

They didn't throw at Bartell or Hill at all when they were in the game ...

Hill was always a willing tackler, definitely one positive thing about him. I am rooting for him big time ...

Anybody writing off King or Fletcher after one game has lost their mind ...

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    They didn't throw at Bartell or Hill at all when they were in the game ...

Hill was always a willing tackler, definitely one positive thing about him. I am rooting for him big time ...

Anybody writing off King or Fletcher after one game has lost their mind ...
    point taken, we'll see pre-season week 2. hope they improve.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

diehard99 is offline Registered User

King had 17 passes def. as a senior @ Penn st. although they said he was beaten several times by better receivers down the stretch of the season. He certainly looked to have good position the other night but didnt get his head around quick enough you see that alot with DB's all around the league not just in St. Louis. I know he has the speed,quickness and determination but does he have the skills for when the balls in the air at this level. He also doesnt have a great desire to tackle in the run game. We sure need one of these youngsters to step up soon. What say you?