Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Justin King

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Justin King

Going into the season he was the #4 CB on the team and has been pushed into the starting lineup. Give the kid a break and show him some respect. He didn't play well but the safeties didn't help him when they were supposed to and the coaches threw him out on an island time after time. Good coaches find ways to hide lesser CBs, it happens time and again. The Rams didn't hide him at all.

After the first two bombs to Smith were over thrown in the endzone, why didn't the coaches adjust? Give over the top help? Smith was far faster than King and was pulling away going into the endzone. That's not coverage skills, that's base physical ability.

Please, show the kid some respect. He gave the Rams everything he had this week and as long as you give 100%, you deserve respect.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Justin King

Hey, I don't enjoy kicking a guy when he's down, but he's another wasted draft pick. Torrey Smith ate him up- not Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. It doesn't speak highly for his future. Unfortunately, injuries limit our current options.

Effort is all good and well, but productivity wins ballgames. I know he was pressed into duty, but you have to be better. He put us in an immediate hole. He's gotta' learn from this and not let it happen again. A winner SHOWS he's sorry by making up for his mistake. A loser SAYS "I'm sorry", then does the same thing the next time. Let's see in which category King falls vs. Washington.

I can remember a day when Nolan Cromwell, Johnnie Johnson, Gary Green and LeRoy Irvin- 4 pro bowlers- patrolled our secondary. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
    ManofGod likes this.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

^^^^^Heh...^^^And I remember Eddie Meador and Clancy Williams for that matter! And don't forget Dave Elmendorf and Bill Simpson; yeah, the Rams have had some excellent DBs over the years....

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

He have up three consecutive touchdowns to a rookie! Not short little tight passes, but BOMBS. With all do respect, if that's King giving 100%, he respectfully needs to be cut.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

King is playing in his third season... Smith his first game.

King's 40 time 4.31... Smith's 4.43.

King failed to shine when given his opportunity... Smith did not.

I will show respect to King but as long as he cashes a paycheck from the Rams he is up for some flaming a long with the rest of them.
    Fargo Ram Fan likes this.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    King is playing in his third season... Smith his first game.

King's 40 time 4.31... Smith's 4.43.

King failed to shine when given his opportunity... Smith did not.

I will show respect to King but as long as he cashes a paycheck from the Rams he is up for some flaming a long with the rest of them.
    Careful now, well rationed objectivity does not go down well in these parts.
    jkramsfan and laram0 like this.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Is Jerome Murphy out for the season or is he in the PUP? Because I'd like to see what he's capable of as a starter. King may be a liability in the starting position but he's good at the nickel and dime packages. Lets just hope he doesn't make Leonard Hankerson look like Jerry Rice because that's a lot of tape for the Redskins to exploit next week.

Justin King was a third round pick and 4th on our depth chart for a reason. Smith at the combine ran a 4.43 but all his other times were in the 4.3 range. If you watched him at the game yesterday, the kid was flying past our defenders.

King shouldn't be a starter and my point was it isn't his fault that he's been thrown into the equation. He needs to be protected by the defensive scheme so that he isn't the reason the team failed. As Al Harris said, there are 11 people on defense so don't blame 1. The Giants have been hurt by injuries all over their D yet they compete because the scheme is adjusted.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

No breaks here this kid is a huge scrub. He has been burnt to a crisp. He hasn't done anything good in his time. Teams have seen his tape and have seen this game, they know exactly who to target. Start al Haris Fletcher and make whoever our 4th corner is our nickle corner and then you can give King a few snaps at the dime.

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    No breaks here this kid is a huge scrub. He has been burnt to a crisp. He hasn't done anything good in his time. Teams have seen his tape and have seen this game, they know exactly who to target. Start al Haris Fletcher and make whoever our 4th corner is our nickle corner and then you can give King a few snaps at the dime.
    Did you watch preseason? Al Harris is DONE and Atchison was getting burned by people not even in the NFL anymore.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

King is horrible and I have little faith he'll improve. That said, I agree completely with RebelYell. Where was the help? Did the coaching staff not see what was happening? How many times do you get torched before you make some adjustments to stop the onslaught? Circumstances have forced King to the forefront, but that doesn't mean you play him like he's Ron Bartell. I don't get it and if things don't change, teams will continue to exploit the situation.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Is Jerome Murphy out for the season or is he in the PUP? Because I'd like to see what he's capable of as a starter. King may be a liability in the starting position but he's good at the nickel and dime packages. Lets just hope he doesn't make Leonard Hankerson look like Jerry Rice because that's a lot of tape for the Redskins to exploit next week.
    Hes on IR, so he will be out for the year. Other than that, Mike I disagree. Did nobody see Darian Stewart back there getting burnt with King? He had coverage, just not good coverage. They both got absolutely BURNT 2 times. Embarrssing to say the least.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell
    Justin King was a third round pick
    That's 4th round, I believe.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Other than that, Mike I disagree. Did nobody see Darian Stewart back there getting burnt with King? He had coverage, just not good coverage. They both got absolutely BURNT 2 times. Embarrssing to say the least.
    More often than not, King was alone on an island as RebelYell noted and easy pickins for Flacco.

kman is offline Registered User

King is the worse CB in the league...worst strating CB best case scenario..he is ajoke..he gets burned EVERY week...no one gets burned that much and keeps their job,...unless of course they play for the rams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast