throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Justin King

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Justin King

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    More often than not, King was alone on an island as RebelYell noted and easy pickins for Flacco.
    I agree that majority of the time he was alone. I was talking about the deep balls. He and Stewart both got embarrassed 2 times for touchdowns, and the third one was overthrown by 2 yards, or otherwise they would have been burnt 3 times together.

richtree is offline Registered User

I think we all agree that in Nickel sets we only have 2 players out there that should be starting at their positions.....out of the 5 defensive backs.

We need a CB, S, OLB, WR, WR, etc...already and season just started

Raised_fisT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Going into the season he was the #4 CB on the team and has been pushed into the starting lineup. Give the kid a break and show him some respect. He didn't play well but the safeties didn't help him when they were supposed to and the coaches threw him out on an island time after time. Good coaches find ways to hide lesser CBs, it happens time and again. The Rams didn't hide him at all.

After the first two bombs to Smith were over thrown in the endzone, why didn't the coaches adjust? Give over the top help? Smith was far faster than King and was pulling away going into the endzone. That's not coverage skills, that's base physical ability.

Please, show the kid some respect. He gave the Rams everything he had this week and as long as you give 100%, you deserve respect.

Justin, is that you?
    As with the ENTIRE team... we'll see how he responds. if it's more of the same, then he needs to get axed. I just hope the team is pissed off and ready to actually start playing some football.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

King may try his hardest, but so does a steer!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    More often than not, King was alone on an island as RebelYell noted and easy pickins for Flacco.
    King went up against every WR on the Ravens but it was against Smith that he imploded gloriously. Plus it was mentioned Flacco missed on Smith two other times. In the same endzone I think Flacco over threw pretty big 2x and Flacco missed Smith on an out route from the slot (in the third I think) but the Rams got to Flacco and he forced the throw wide.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

How can you really give Justin"The liability"King a break?Comon man. It's his third season in the NFL and he has not shown anything the first three games.I dont care where he is in the depth chart. The NFL is all about seizing the opportunity when you get the chance.There's great players all over the league that were once backups and shined when they got their shot . King hasn't even played below average. I'd understand your view if he was a rookie. However, its his third year and hes wasting his opportunity.I hope he turns it around but I have my doubts.

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I think we all agree that in Nickel sets we only have 2 players out there that should be starting at their positions.....out of the 5 defensive backs.

We need a CB, S, OLB, WR, WR, etc...already and season just started
    we needed all these before the season started
    Ramone likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    How can you really give Justin"The liability"King a break?Comon man. It's his third season in the NFL and he has not shown anything the first three games.I dont care where he is in the depth chart. The NFL is all about seizing the opportunity when you get the chance.There's great players all over the league that were once backups and shined when they got their shot . King hasn't even played below average. I'd understand your view if he was a rookie. However, its his third year and hes wasting his opportunity.I hope he turns it around but I have my doubts.
    Agreed. He deserves no breaks, no praise, and no easy judgement. He is considered a veteran, and has played beyond atrocious. I'd rather have DX playing CB at this point.

Ramone is offline Registered User

I would rather keep King than our coaching staff, because he is among thee worst starting CB's in league, right now, but them are surely the worst in the league in their category. At least they could se (and they can see that on every game), what receiver means for team (this position is incredibly underestimated by Spagnuolo). I have zero confidence in them. What about Spagnuolos pay check? For what? Send that money to Somalia!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    King is the worse CB in the league...worst strating CB best case scenario..he is ajoke..he gets burned EVERY week...no one gets burned that much and keeps their job,...unless of course they play for the rams
    Not to mention his ultimate susceptibility to hyperbole.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

ATTN JUSTIN KING

ATTN DARIAN STEWART

I watched the game again. They were so lazy and slow to the ball when it was getting thrown down field it was a joke. If these guys play a game remotely like this again. They need to be cut. Give some scrubs off the street a chance. If they didn't give up those 2 passes in the first quarter this game might have been different. Just Pathetic coverage.

I hope they really change there approach against Washington.

GO RAMS!!!

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Bottom line is this: King made Smith look a lot better than he actually is, and that's a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12