Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fuzzyram is offline Registered User

Question Justin Watson...

Someone please tell me why Justin Watson is in Mike Martz's doghouse? I feel like he is the power back we need to pound the ball when a smaller back like Faulk and Holcomb cant penetrate the denfense.

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    I was wondering the same thing Fuzzyram.I like Holcombe,but from what I have seen I think Watson looks better.In my eyes Gideon looks like a better receiver than Murphy,but Martz is really high on Yo.I guess thats why Martz is the coach.He see's alot of things that we dont and he does have the inside track on the attitudes of his players.GO RAMS!
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

fuzzyram is offline Registered User
    I completely agree guitarboy51, Watson looks a lot stronger to me than Holcombe and Gideon looks like a better receiver to me than Murphy! I know attitude and chemistry is important but I see better production from these two guys.

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    Murphy will bring a lot to the team in the way of character , I know at the end of the day he has to catch the ball as well, but I know what Martz sees in him.

Hope one of our Claymores gets a chance to make it

We've yet to see Holcombe produce whether as RB or FB, Watson has been productive as a Ram when he has been given a chance

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Comes down to Gideon or Murphy, I say take the special teams guy. 5th receiver, in this offense? Dosen't play much. However, our 5th receiver (Horne) is the special teams catalyst.

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    Murphy can handle returns , he did when he was with the Claymores , anyone know what Gideon is like on ST?

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Good point made by Txramsfan on the special teams issue,I didnt think about that,but Cason has really stood out as a returner and hasnt got much of a chance to show what he can do as a running back.I guess thats why coaching in the NFL is such a tough job.So many critical decisions.I"m confident that Martz will make the right decisions when all is said and done.I'm just a SJD.GO RAMS!

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    If it comes down to contributing to special teams, then Cason is our guy. I don't like that Martz is playing favorites with Yo. Could hurt the team. Holcombe was doing well in first two games, don't know what happened to him last Friday. But Watson has been shining. But there's no accounting for Martz and the way he chooses. Wait and see, wait and see.

By the way, when are the cuts slated to happen?
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

I just read that the first cuts will be on Aug 28 to 65.the next cuts will be Sept 2 to 53.By the way,what is the buzz on Grant Wistrom?I read his injury may keep him out until the regular season.Please let me know any info you may have.I am psyched that we signed Ahanotu.He is one heck of a player.GO RAMS!

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    Thanks for info guitarboy. I haven't heard updates on Grant. Thought he might play Saturday. But maybe they don't want to take a chance on him. We'll see.
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

Blankman17 is offline Registered User
    If it was me (and it isn't), I'd try to get Grant some playing time in the final preseason game, for maybe a series or two, see how he does as far as mobility, then wait 'til the season opener.

ramnut is offline Registered User
    Can someone please tell me why the Rams would keep 4 halfbacks on their roster.
    Marshall and Trung are obviously in, and will get all the important playing time, but I can't see Watson or Holcombe getting anything but scraps at mop-up time if we manage any big wins this season.
    Sure are main two might get injured, but neither Watson nor Holcombe are feature, marquee backs that can lead a team into the playoffs. So why keep both?

I think Martz has is in love with Canidates speed and is trying to groom the next Faulk. Faulk is coming to his end in the NFL and Martz sees that.

Now would you get rid of Faulk ????? I dont think so. Thats why he is keeping them both.

I agree with you Dez.In todays NFL a team cant have too many running backs.You never know when your stars will go down with injury.I have a question for you though.Why do you think Faulks days in the NFL are numbered?I still see him as a young man and feel he could easily have three or four great years left.How much longer do you see him playing?Do you think his knee injury is going to be a big problem in the future?I would really like to know yours and others opinions on this matter.GO RAMS!

The big problem with Faulk is he has played most of his NFL football on plastic

His knees are not what they were plus he has said himself that he is looking for 1 or 2 more years then getting out.

So Martz is doing the smart thing IMO. He has to find a replacement. I dont know what he is getting all the flack for about Canidate. I know he has not proved himself and if he dont do it this year then it aint going to happen.

The one thing that worries me about this season is if Faulk goes down we will struggle.

If warner goes down, we still have Faulk so just slot a QB in there and let the Marshall do his thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast