RamWraith is offline Registered User

Kacyvenski to share life story on 'Oprah'

Friday February 23, 2007

By Kevin Stevens
    Press & Sun-Bulletin
    Isaiah Kacyvenski, a seven-year National Football League veteran from Endicott, will be featured on an episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" expected to air March 1.

Kacyvenski's life story, he said, will be part of a four-segment show following a theme he termed "Against All Odds."

"My childhood, the poverty, all the details of my life pretty much that came out Super Bowl week (of 2006)," he said of the show's subject matter. "Something to inspire viewers, that you can rise above your environment and the negative things that have happened to you, that you can create your own path."

Kacyvenski's story was made known nationally during the week leading to the '06 Super Bowl, when he shared details of a childhood spent below the poverty line, of nights spent in tents, others indoors with no heat, on occasion not knowing where the next meal might come from.

A 1996 graduate of Union-Endicott High School, Kacyvenski played six-plus seasons with the Seattle Seahawks before being released by that organization in late-September and subsequently signing with the St. Louis Rams.

His appearance on "Oprah," Kacyvenski said, came about as a result of the show's researchers learning of his story on an NFL Films feature, and contacting him through the Rams organization.

"I was a little nervous beforehand," Kacyvenski said of the Feb. 13 filming in Chicago. "But Oprah made me feel at ease. It was kind of like I was sitting in my living room talking

BerlinThunder is offline Registered User

Re: Kacyvenski to share life story on 'Oprah'

Itīs funny how they avoid telling that he went to Harvard...

keith m. klink Guest

it's even funnier that his hard work in the classroom , even as a poorer than poor child and family have too deal with, put him in harvard. this kid should be on the news everyday as a role model and hero of the american spirit, instead of hearing about brittany spears damn haircut , or anna nicole smith's family 's day in court on every channel 24 hours a day. besides that he is a great special teams player and he should be kept on this team, these are the people linehan is bringing in . no more lawerance phillips's thank you very much.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

As long as the role models can tackle on special teams, it is cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]