RamWraith is offline Registered User

Karney/Butler Interview with Bernie

Notes paraphrased by RamBill

March 12
    Rams new fullback Mike Karney joined Bernie Miklasz and Brian McKenna on Team 1380 Thursday afternoon.
    Interview Notes:

* Karney said that he looked at the Rams as a great fit. Meeting Coach Spagnuolo while visiting the Rams sealed the deal.
    * Things can get turned around, and Coach Spagnuolo has the ability to turn the Rams around. Karney said that he would take a bullet for Spagnuolo, and that is the mentality it will take from all the players to make the St. Louis Rams champions again.
    * Mike said he had a lot of fun blocking in New Orleans, but he is ready for the next chapter in his life. He is excited to get to know Steven Jackson and looks forward to blocking for him.
    * Karney said that the teams that win have a lead blocker and run the ball. A big rushing game can demoralize a defense. He said that he is excited that Coach Spagnuolo realizes that he needs a big running game for success.
    * He has no more joy on the field than making a big block and seeing his running back take off and hearing the crowd.
    * His honeymoon has been postponed because it is important to get into Rams Park and meet his teammates and
    * It was tough dealing with Hurricane Katrina, and Karney said it was like being in a movie. He said he will always remember it and how it affected his life.

Mike Karney Interview http://stlsportsinsider.com/Bernie%2...e%20Karney.mp3
    March 12

Rams new safety James Butler joined Bernie Miklasz and Brian McKenna on Team 1380 Thursday afternoon.

Interview Notes:

* Feels like the organization is about to turn around and is very happy to be here and get things started.
    * Coach Spagnuolo is a players’ coach. He knows his x’s and o’s. He utilizes the talents that his players have. If a player doesn’t want to work, Coach will find someone else who will.
    * Spaguolo had goals each week for the players, and he kept guys focused in a city (New York) with a lot of distractions.
    * Butler tries to pride himself on covering wide receivers and being an all around player.
    * Butler said that he came into the league the same year as OJ Atogwe and Ron Bartell, and he's looking forward to playing with them on the defense.
    * Before he made Rode around the city a little bit, and St. Louis has a lot to offer. Coach Spagnuolo was a big help in his decision.
    * Butler and Tye Hill have been in business for about a month with their Golden Corral restaurant in Atlanta.
    * It was tough to leave New York, but he is looking forward to a new start and establishing something with a new team.
    * Philadelphia and Cleveland were coming after him in free agency, but Coach Spagnuolo was a big part in his decision to come to St. Louis.
    * Butler likes to fish, play golf and basketball, and hang out with his friends.

James Butler Interview http://stlsportsinsider.com/Bernie%2...s%20Butler.mp3

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Karney/Butler Interview with Bernie

It seems like our free agents are really impressed by Spags. This is definitely a good sign that our team will get behind him.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Butler likes to fish, Avery likes to fish.....I like to fish. I also like Golden Corral. C'mon Tye Hill, grab a pole and go fishing with these guys, catch the biggest fish, get your confidence, and stick everything I've said about you up the side where the sun don't shine. I'll gladly take it.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Ohhhhhh, Golden Corral...I need me some of that right now.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Funny thing I went to Golden Corral Saturday.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Meeting Coach Spagnuolo while visiting the Rams sealed the deal.

Once again, Spags is my hero.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Butler likes to fish, Avery likes to fish.....I like to fish. I also like Golden Corral. C'mon Tye Hill, grab a pole and go fishing with these guys, catch the biggest fish, get your confidence, and stick everything I've said about you up the side where the sun don't shine. I'll gladly take it.
    Hahahaha, that was one of the funniest things I've read in a long time, tried to rep you, but I gotta spread it around, you know the drill ...

rams#1 Guest

Like TX said they all like to fish.. so maybe they will all be fishin with about 10 picks each this coming year and make the probowl.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

How can this not pump ANYONE up for next season?

* He has no more joy on the field than making a big block and seeing his running back take off and hearing the crowd.

I LOVE this from Karney!
    RamsFan16