Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keenan Burton

longfan is offline Registered User

Keenan Burton

Congrats to our new #1 receiver on a great game...

He helped lead us to our first win of the season with a couple of HUGE first down catches...

GO RAMS !!!!

btw.. he wont be getting cut.... he will only be getting better...

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Keenan Burton

We'll see. He shows flashes, that's for sure.

Avery's certainly been disappointing. I'd like him to show us why he was the first WR picked in last year's draft.

As for Gibson, he was a nonfactor, which is discouraging, mainly because of Spoon showing how good he can be with the Eagles on Monday Night. I listened to most of the game and the broadcast never really mentioned him even being in the line up. I think he was thrown to once, couldn't see the play so I don't know if it was Bulger's throw or him dropping it. Anyways, I'm interested to see how many plays he was in on.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe he needs more time adjusting to the new (although similar) system.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    We'll see. He shows flashes, that's for sure.

Avery's certainly been disappointing. I'd like him to show us why he was the first WR picked in last year's draft.

As for Gibson, he was a nonfactor, which is discouraging, mainly because of Spoon showing how good he can be with the Eagles on Monday Night. I listened to most of the game and the broadcast never really mentioned him even being in the line up. I think he was thrown to once, couldn't see the play so I don't know if it was Bulger's throw or him dropping it. Anyways, I'm interested to see how many plays he was in on.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe he needs more time adjusting to the new (although similar) system.
    It was bulgers throw, it was far and away behind him and he had to leap back to try to catch it. They pulled him after that throw.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Was that the only play he was in?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Avery and Burton is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by longfan View Post
    Congrats to our new #1 receiver on a great game...

He helped lead us to our first win of the season with a couple of HUGE first down catches...

GO RAMS !!!!

btw.. he wont be getting cut.... he will only be getting better...
    Heck yeah!

He did make some awesome catches out there today! I'm a huge fan of Burton and he's been improving all season. Regardless it was the Lions D but still he did look good on those catches!

And your right, no way he'll be getting cut. I'm sick of the haters saying that he's not "NFL Material", thats a load of garbage. Keenan is great and has the potential to be even better, can't wait to see this kid grow here through his career.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Was that the only play he was in?
    I personally didn't see him in the game untill the 4th qtr. I think he may have been in on 2, maybe 3 plays that I saw him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Keenan is young, but looks to be progressing well. Hit him in the Endzone afew times to give him a little more confidence! BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURTON!!!!! BRUCE WHO?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I agree. The kid needs to get a touchdown. Once he gets one this year, he's going to get a ton of confidence back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Not to take anything away from him because he was big part of this win.Number 1 receiver? That's pushing it. He played well in the first half, but he kind of tailed off. He has been playing at this level the past couple games. In this current group with Avery not playing well he has stepped up

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

when they needed a first down, they went to Burton, he had a good game

longfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Not to take anything away from him because he was big part of this win.Number 1 receiver? That's pushing it. He played well in the first half, but he kind of tailed off. He has been playing at this level the past couple games. In this current group with Avery not playing well he has stepped up

my post was a bit tongue in cheek(just a bit mind you).. it was more a response to the thread last week that he would be cut...

he was cut alright..

cut and pasted into the #1 receiver spot sunday... if only for a day.. but there will be more... imho..

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    when they needed a first down, they went to Burton, he had a good game
    I think that's the key. The kid has good hands, is a possession type receiver and has the confidence of the QB. How can anyone discount his production? He is a chain mover, that's what the Rams need.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Burton has certainly been a more reliable target for Bulger/Boller than Avery has. Burton has been targeted just as much as Avery, but has fewer drops, a higher catch percentage, and a higher percentage of his receptions go for first downs.

But #1 receiver? Let me just say this - if Keenan Burton is now this team's #1 receiver, it only highlights the very significant issues this team has at wide receiver, and their enormous need for a TRUE top guy.

In an ideal scenario, I think Burton would be this team's #4 receiver, behind an as-yet-to-be-acquired #1, Robinson as the #2, and Avery as the #3 (unless he starts showing more consistency and becomes more reliable).

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Burton has certainly been a more reliable target for Bulger/Boller than Avery has. Burton has been targeted just as much as Avery, but has fewer drops, a higher catch percentage, and a higher percentage of his receptions go for first downs.

But #1 receiver? Let me just say this - if Keenan Burton is now this team's #1 receiver, it only highlights the very significant issues this team has at wide receiver, and their enormous need for a TRUE top guy.

In an ideal scenario, I think Burton would be this team's #4 receiver, behind an as-yet-to-be-acquired #1, Robinson as the #2, and Avery as the #3 (unless he starts showing more consistency and becomes more reliable).
    I think he meant number 1 receiver at the moment, which, with Avery's inconsistency, Burton definitely could be. However i agree with you assessment that Burton should really be no more than the number three possibly the number 4. I do see him as a Ricky Proehl type in thr future.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I think that's the key. The kid has good hands, is a possession type receiver and has the confidence of the QB. How can anyone discount his production? He is a chain mover, that's what the Rams need.
    Gah, for the millionth time, Burton is NOT a "possession type" receiver. He would likely been a late 1st rounder/2nd round pick had he not had an injury riddled senior season at Kentucky. Go look at his films on youtube. Burton has tremendous talent, just needs to put more time in the filmroom to master the WCO ...

See the first catch he made against the Lions with the spin out for big YAC. Not the type of play a "possession" receiver makes ...

He's made that exact play three times this year ...

He's in the poor man's Isaac Bruce mold. He will be a good player here. On pace for 50-60 grabs ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast