Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Avery and Burton is offline Registered User

Re: Keenan Burton - Improving, Impressing.

Here are some more pictures of the game worn jersey:

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

uh.....wow

Back to the conversation, Burton is becoming a really nice possession receiver maybe a little like ike if we could hope for so much. I think we would have a nice receiving core with robinson at #1 burton at #2 and avery in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    uh.....wow

Back to the conversation, Burton is becoming a really nice possession receiver maybe a little like ike if we could hope for so much. I think we would have a nice receiving core with robinson at #1 burton at #2 and avery in the slot.
    Is that a good "uh.....wow"? Lol

Good to see another believer! He has definitely improved this season with the given opportunities. And another Ike would be nice... maybe we could hope for even better? And lets hope Burton doesn't leave the Rams for the Patriots or Niners. Lol anyway if Robinson and Avery can stay healthy I believe that triple threat will be great next year! Robinson was looking great until the injury, now with the known potential of Burton he'll get into the lineup with Avery and like I said staying healthy is a must. These last 8 games of the season will help Avery and Burton improve alot too.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Wow, that is a lot of Keenan Burton collectible cards. I had no idea that they made that many. You have a huge amount of signed things from him.

Can I ask, what turned you on to Burton? Was it a specific play or game that caught your eye?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Wow, that is a lot of Keenan Burton collectible cards. I had no idea that they made that many. You have a huge amount of signed things from him.

Can I ask, what turned you on to Burton? Was it a specific play or game that caught your eye?
    Yes it is. Lol

For a fourth round pick they did make a crazy abundance of his cards and autographs but I have no complaints haha. I'm working on getting the jersey signed next year in training camp, I've got to talk with him a few times via Facebook, Twitter. Also talked to a few people that met him and went to school with him, He's a funny guy, really cool to talk to and a great leader in the locker room

You sure can!

When I first started collecting the 2008 Season for the Rams (Draft Wise) I was looking at the picks, I saw Burton and checked him out, videos, stats, pretty much his life story, including this really cool story from the St. Louis Rams Website that I got last year, this is what really keyed for me to start this collection. For him to nearly die at birth and grow up to have this opportunity is really inspirational and miraculous and really makes me think everytime I read it. I'll post it below so you can read it your self if you'd like. I really looked into his career at Kentucky, he did some great things there, and I think he can do the same in St. Louis. I've always had alot of confidence in him and I'm extremely happy to see him finally getting an opportunity to show his stuff and get better!

Living a Dream

Keenan Burton makes an impact in NFL

By Jerome Hubbard
    Special to Stlouisrams.com

So many people have dreams and aspirations of playing in the NFL. Thousands play in high school, a select few go on to play in college, but only the elite play at the next level and Keenan Burton was one of those.

Born on October 29, 1984, Burton became interested in sports at a very young age. But it wasn’t until high school that Burton hit his stride and began developing into the athlete he is today.

“When I was younger I played quarterback because they put their best athletes there,” Burton said. “When I went to college, I knew that I wanted to play wide receiver and the University of Kentucky gave me that opportunity.”

That opportunity would not have happened were it not for the doctors who had to revive Keenan after he was born. Burton, who had fluid on his brain, suffered from a significant heart problem and his heart failed when he was a baby. Burton had to spend the first two months of his life in the hospital and while he may not have understood what was going on at such a young age, he never looked back once he went home with his parents, who nurtured him to health.

“Looking back, from the moment I got out of the hospital, maybe I was meant to be some kind of example.” Burton said. “For those who don’t believe in themselves and don’t believe that they can come from where I came from, people can look at my story and see that you can do whatever you put your mind to.”

Burton was drafted in the 4th round of the 2008 draft (128th overall). Rookies can be overwhelmed by the transition to the NFL, but for Burton the conversion wasn’t difficult. The shift from college to pro was made easier due to the fact that Burton played his colligate career in pro-style offense at the University of Kentucky and had an opportunity to play in environments and stadiums rivaled or surpassed that seen in the NFL.

“In college football there is no bigger stage other than the Southeast Conference,” Burton said. “Every game is a playoff game and everybody is big. Everybody is fast. The only thing I had to adjust to (in the NFL) was the playbook and how to be a receiver at this level.”

Burton, who overcame an early-season injury that sidelined him for three games, has 8 receptions for 101 yards and six special teams tackles. He remains grateful for his opportunity and realizes that he is still a work in progress.

“I am grateful for what God did for me,” Burton said. “He put me in this position but nothing is guaranteed.”

“My dream is to never be forgotten,” Burton added. “I want to be well respected and I want people to remember me.”

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Wow, that's a nice BIG collection you've got there. I think you might be his #1 fan!

Burton is developing nicely and right now he looks more like our #1 than Avery or anybody else. I had high hopes for him right away, looked like a steal to me, hopefully he will continue to develop.

P.S. The no-link rule is BS anyway, in my opinion. I mean I can understand why spammers would get their posts deleted for linking to some stupid site with ads and/or viruses - but this seems like a genuine post where a link is only helpful.

Oh sweet Burton out with a serious knee injury. Just fantastic, ruined my week, hope it isn't serious.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Avery and Burton View Post
    Oh sweet Burton out with a serious knee injury. Just fantastic, ruined my week, hope it isn't serious.
    We do too man. We need him out there. I think we can ride the rest of the year with Burton, Avery and Gibson.

That's a nice collection you got too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    We do too man. We need him out there. I think we can ride the rest of the year with Burton, Avery and Gibson.

That's a nice collection you got too
    This injury has really got me down. I really hope he's going to be okay, I can see that Gibson is a good addition to our team I want Avery Burton and Gibson out there.

And thanks alot, I've worked really hard on it.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I thought this right away. This hurts big time, I wonder if it's the same knee he blew out in college. If so, then his speed is going to be diminished and it's going to hurt his bright young career.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I thought this right away. This hurts big time, I wonder if it's the same knee he blew out in college. If so, then his speed is going to be diminished and it's going to hurt his bright young career.
    I've been looking and I'm not sure if it is or not, I really hope its not. and I really hope its not as serious as they thought, I guess we'll see tomorrow. I don't think this is an end to his career at any means but it sure does hurt right now.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I was sad to see him get hurt today. We can't keep our receivers healthy this year. Hopefully Burton has a minor injury.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

It is being said that the injury is to his patellar tendon, which if true is a major, major, injury. If torn, this is potentially career-threatening. I guess we'll hear more tomorrow; let's hope it is a sprain or something a bit less serious than originally thought.

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    I was sad to see him get hurt today. We can't keep our receivers healthy this year. Hopefully Burton has a minor injury.
    Very sad indeed, I'm a HUGE fan of him obviously and this pretty much just ruined my week, and depending on what tomorow brings on the injury news... maybe my year. Praying that it is minor. I don't see how this can happen, this kid was finally getting his due, and recognition for what he was doing for the Rams, even Spags was impressed, and the team and coaches... then this. Its very upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    It is being said that the injury is to his patellar tendon, which if true is a major, major, injury. If torn, this is potentially career-threatening. I guess we'll hear more tomorrow; let's hope it is a sprain or something a bit less serious than originally thought.
    WOW. Seriously?! I probably won't sleep to well tonight with that in mind, not that I was going to anyway knowing what could happen tomorrow... This is ridiculous for this to happen!!! gosh I hope he is going to be okay.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast