dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

Keith Null 2010 starter

Howard Bawlzner of Kfans 590 said he thinks Keith Null should be our starting QB next year. Bulger wont be here cuz of money and performance, and he thinks if Null keeps progressing we could be looking at our new QB.

so what do u guys think?

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Keith Null 2010 starter

I think Null has shown some nice flashes, and at this point he's a very good backup, but he's starting now because of injuries, and his learning curve is steep. I'd let him compete in camp next year, but he'd really needs to earn the starting spot. I wouldn't be comfortable with the coaches handing it to him based on his performance so far.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Right now he has moved to #2 on the depth chart, but really a brain dead monkey could move past boller at this point. As for next year, ill say it again unless he throws 3 td's and no int's in the next two game then i dont see it as nailed down. However if spags thinks he has earned it in training camp next year, then by all means go for it. The kid has potential, but how much is the question. i want to know when he will peak.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I don't see how Howard Balzer or anyone else could make such a pronouncement at this point. Null has played two games. In one, he was pretty bad. In the other, he was okay. Its not like he was the starting QB at USC, Ohio State or some other big time college program, so his "body of work" tells us little.

He's a somewhat intriguing prospect, but at this point, I expect him to be #3 on the Rams depth chart in 2010.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -12-24-2009 at 11:58 AM.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dave626 View Post
    Howard Bawlzner of Kfans 590 said he thinks Keith Null should be our starting QB next year. Bulger wont be here cuz of money and performance, and he thinks if Null keeps progressing we could be looking at our new QB.

so what do u guys think?
    I think St. Louis sports talk radio needs somebody who has a basic awareness of what it takes to assemble a winning football organization, as well as why the Rams aren't one.

macrammer is offline Registered User

That statement is really not close to reality. Let the kid progress this year by starting last tow games and compete for backup role in camp next year. For the team to take a step up, we need a more seasoned individual back there. If Bulger is not the guy, then FA needs to bring one in. Null getting reps this year will hopefully pay off in the future. Distant future.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I don't see how Howard Balzer or anyone else could make such a pronouncement at this point. Null has played two games. In one, he was pretty bad. In the other, he was okay. Its not like he was the starting QB at USC, Ohio State or some other big time college program, so his "body of work" tells us little.

He's a somewhat intriguing prospect, but at this point, I expect him to be #3 on the Rams depth chart in 2010.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Very well said AV, I couldn't agree more.