Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Kellen Clemens

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Kellen Clemens

Despite a loss yesterday, Clemons played really well with a paper mache O-line and only a few days to learn the offense. If he pans out at least decent in the next two games, you guys think he's our future backup?

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Re: Kellen Clemens

I wouldn't be opposed to that ... based on yesterday's performance. What happened to Brandstater?

Also, see how an uninjured journeyman qb looks in our offense? I have no worries about Sam. With the offseason to competely heal and learn the offense he will be fine imo. Especially after a couple big games when that 'swagger' comes back.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Sounds like a good idea.

I did not see yesterday's game* but read about it -- including a couple of comments from Rams players / coaches about KC -- and although it is only one game, this QB might have what it takes.

*. - Even if I had seen the game, I'm no QB expert.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

So they scaled back the playbook and Clemens did ok. Lots of short passes to Jackson, our main weapon. Hmmmm wonder if that could work for Bradford? DUH!!!!!!

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    So they scaled back the playbook and Clemens did ok. Lots of short passes to Jackson, our main weapon. Hmmmm wonder if that could work for Bradford? DUH!!!!!!
    Completely agree. Watching the game I went from "He doesn't look too bad, glad they dialed it down for him" to "Damn coaches! Why haven't they been doing this for Bradford?"
    Richbert88 and Tampa_Ram like this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Ive been asking myself this for a few years. in his breakout year he was an awesome receiver, why did everyone go away from that since?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    Completely agree. Watching the game I went from "He doesn't look too bad, glad they dialed it down for him" to "Damn coaches! Why haven't they been doing this for Bradford?"
    I agree as well. At the very least, they could have given Bradford incrementally more of the quicker developing plays in an effort to keep him from getting the snot knocked out of him every other play. I'm sure McDaniels wanted to make his offense work, but he should have taken into account protection issues and a running game that didn't exactly make opposing defenses back off the bulls eye on Bradford.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Jackson had 70 yards rushing and 70 yards receiving. No doubt he should touch the ball as many times as possible over the course of any game he plays in for the Rams.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I agree as well. At the very least, they could have given Bradford incrementally more of the quicker developing plays in an effort to keep him from getting the snot knocked out of him every other play. I'm sure McDaniels wanted to make his offense work, but he should have taken into account protection issues and a running game that didn't exactly make opposing defenses back off the bulls eye on Bradford.

After 15+ weeks, are the coaches really that dimwitted? Did they really just not adjust to what was going on around them? This is simply unacceptable! These guys are paid huge sums of cash.

Or,

Could it have been a savvy "veteranesque" QB that has had more reps then Bradford and can see the safety outlet since he was not locked onto one receiver?

Or, a combination of both?

Kudos to the kid for stepping in and doing what he could for the team
    TekeRam likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I think he should be the back up next year. Give him some time with the playbook, open things up. Its too bad that he underthrew a wide open Brandon Lloyd. He could of had a 50 yard bomb TD. It seems like not 1 of our QB's can hit Lloyd when he goes deep, thats why I dont think he comes back. He was sitting on the bench away from everyone with a towel over his complete head.

But enough with that. I like Clemens, plus Feeley is a free agent.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -12-19-2011 at 09:55 PM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    After 15+ weeks, are the coaches really that dimwitted? Did they really just not adjust to what was going on around them? This is simply unacceptable! These guys are paid huge sums of cash.

Or,

Could it have been a savvy "veteranesque" QB that has had more reps then Bradford and can see the safety outlet since he was not locked onto one receiver?

Or, a combination of both?

Kudos to the kid for stepping in and doing what he could for the team
    I think McDaniels has been out of touch this year with Bradford. Clemens was given a short passing game to work with almost exclusively, which was a good idea, although McDaniels' choice of plays in critical situations were awful, as usual.

As far as Clemens, he did a very good job all things considered. I'd much rather have him than Feeley.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I think Clemens may have played his way onto next year's team...but we'll see over the next two games.

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Clemens did an admirable job, especially considering he was just brought in and had limited reps with the offense. He's probably gonna' be as good as you get for a back up QB.

And yes, McDaniels has done a terrible job this season with Bradford and the available talent the Rams have.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Are you serious? Clemens plays one decent game and you want him to replace A J "All World" Feeley?!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Jackson is not utilized more when Bradford is in the game is because Bradford does not even look at Jackson.

Simple as that. Clemens went through his limited progressions during the game, and saw a wide open Jackson. Bradford on the other hand, stares down his receivers who are deep, and tries to force it down the field. Jackson hasn't suddenly been getting open. He's been open all season.

But yes, I agree that Clemens should be the back-up next year. He's showed some grit and he's a gamer.
    RamFan_Til_I_Die likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast