View Poll Results: What should we do with Curtis?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sign him

32 69.57%
  • let him go

14 30.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Curtis

GameTime is offline Registered User

Kevin Curtis

I believe that this is his last season under contract. Personally I love him, but I think we should probably let him go. There will be plenty of teams that would like to sign him and IMO Bruce will play at least next year.

Especially with Jackson catching so many passes, I think that for what we would have to pay curtis vs. how many cathes he would get is not worth it. I would like to draft a big receiver in the next couple of years on the first day and have him complement Holt when Bruce does retire.

Our money, I think needs to go to the O line or D Line.

Thoughts?

rampete is offline Registered User

Re: Kevin Curtis

curtis is wasting his talent at the #3 slot on this team which emphasizes the TE more than the #3 or #4...

bruce will play at least another season for the rams...which means another year wasted for the relatively old curtis...

and btw, "our money" is an allusion...it's georgia's money...

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

That being said, I'd do Georgia to get control of the Rams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Honestly I'm curious to see what kind of contract he gets. He's definitely a starter quality player but he hasn't put up the great numbers just yet - best season was 60 receptions for 801 yards and six touchdowns.

So the question becomes how big of a contract offer is he going to get? Will he get a contract of a value more appropriate for his skill and potential, or will contracts be lowered based on production thus far? And if the offers don't break the bank, can the Rams put up a similar offer and keep him?

I think teams like Detroit, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Kansas City, and maybe even New England could be possible destinations, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Detroit and Minnesota end up with him in the end.

Another question that should probably be explored is, now that we've signed Little to a long term deal, we've freed up our ability to use the franchise tag. We also have the transition tag available which would allow us an opportunity to match any offer Curtis receives. Are either of these worth using in this situation?

Honestly I think the transition tag is ideal in this situation, though I can't recall whether or not the NFL has addressed the "poison pill" issue from the Vikings/Seahawks exchanges.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I think his age is the biggest factor. He is getting too old for big money. If we get him at a fair price then great if he is going to be over paid...see ya.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Nick makes a few good points about Curtis,but as we have seeen before teams will overpay for a very good player hoping that he will become a great player,,a couple examples would be wistrom and archuleta,so i think our chances of getting him at a reasonable price are very slim and i hope that we would not overpay for him either.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I say let him go. No way would I waste a franchise or transition tag on him. He's a third receiver type. Frankly, I'm banking that there will be other free agents out there, and maybe some rookies that can contribute to the team at least as much as Curtis has. With the needs that we have on our team, other teams are going to offer more than we should spend to match to keep him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I have a sneaking suspicion the Rams will be going after Moss this off-season. Not that I really hope so. But I wouldn't be shocked.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion the Rams will be going after Moss this off-season. Not that I really hope so. But I wouldn't be shocked.
    If the Rams trade for Randy Moss, I will officially join the SLOP. :x
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If the Rams trade for Randy Moss, I will officially join the SLOP. :x
    I am with you there Nick. However, I do believe that Linehan would like to have a taller wide receiver with speed like Moss. However, Moss is a cancer, and I do not want him on the team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

RealRam is offline Registered User

No, please, "NO MAS!" I mean, NO MOSS!

As mentioned elsewhere, I wouldn't touch this player with a 10 YARD pole.

I hope we can keep WR Kevin Curtis on a decent salary agreement / basis. He's a playmaker even at 29 (by next season).

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Just say No....please tell me that we are not considering Moss as a possibility.

We may not get to keep Curtis, but there is no need to go after Randy Moss. He is a cancer and we don't need his type on the team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

curtis is wasting his talent at the #3 slot on this team which emphasizes the TE more than the #3 or #4...
    There is no way in hell that Kloph is more of a featured part of this offense then Curtis. I haven't checked, but I would be willing to bet my left leg that Curtis has gotten more balls then out TE.

I think we really need to get him back so that we still can have a dangerous passing game for years to come. Curtis can be a viable No. 2 guy anywhere and that is something we need to be looking at as Bruce is probably entering his last year. Torri is only going to be as good as the guy on the other side of the field and if we don't have a solid #2 guy, niether Holt nor our entire offense will be the same.

blood85 is offline Registered User

I agree with Pace, we need Curtis back, to take some pressure off of Holt.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Ahahahaha, remember when randy was playin us in a playoff game and he squirted the ref with a water bottle? Ahahahahaha!! Good times...good times, rofl, man I would love to have randy, just not his attitude(don't worry, if he goes outta line, ill go up to STL and get him back in line, he will wish he was never born!!!) ahahahaha, okay I'm done now
    Built RAM tough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast