Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    denverram is offline Registered User

Kevin Curtis needs to stay

Let me start this thought by saying I am a huge Isaac Bruce fan. However I do think that with Kevin Curtis and his looming free agent status it may be time to make Isaac a number 3 WR and give Kevin Curtis the No.2 wide out spot. Isaac is gettin golder and I think a few less reps may help him to br more productive when he is in the game. I also think that this wil help us hold on to Kevin Curtis who could be a very good compliment to Holt.

What says The Clan???

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Kevin Curtis needs to stay

Negatory.... Bruce is still the man. Hate to lose Curtis but if he goes he goes.

Country is offline Registered User

What does the WR position look like next year?

-Kevin Curtis is gone he will go somewhere where he can start.

-Do we resign WR Shaun MacDonald for depth?

-Do we draft someone?

-Do we sign someone?

This is what I think

Holt
    Bruce
    MacDonald
    Bobby Wade [Tennessee]
    4th/5th round pick

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

It's highly doubtful the Rams will resign S. McDonald under any set of circumstances. And if K. Curtis leaves that then puts D. Looker as the #3 WR. Therefore it would not be prudent to have only a 4th/5th round pick like B. Wade as our best option. Rams need to look for a WR much sooner; possibly even first round (T.Ginn, D. Jarrett?)

WHAT SAY YE?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I honestly wouldn't mind getting rid of McDonald, and he probably is gone as well next year. He's really just an OK player in my mind. I don't see him being as productive as KC was at 3rd receiver.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind getting rid of McDonald, and he probably is gone as well next year. He's really just an OK player in my mind. I don't see him being as productive as KC was at 3rd receiver.
    That's right, V6. I was never too excited about McDonald -- except, of course, for that memorable winning TD in Seattle! According to today's Rams Team Report, McDonald is "...almost certainly headed elsewhere as a free agent."

I agree with Denverram, keep KC, he's a fast, smart playmaker but I also think that our number 1 and 2 WRs still ought to be Torry Holt and Sir Isaac Bruce.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    That's right, V6. I was never too excited about McDonald -- except, of course, for that memorable winning TD in Seattle! According to today's Rams Team Report, McDonald is "...almost certainly headed elsewhere as a free agent."

I agree with Denverram, keep KC, he's a fast, smart playmaker but I also think that our number 1 and 2 WRs still ought to be Torry Holt and Sir Isaac Bruce.
    100%, without a doubt, Isaac and Torry are the main WRs. Me personally, if I was Curtis, being a starter would be great, but why would you want to leave a group of Hall of Famers? How much more exciting can that be? I mean, its got to be an honor to be around those two guys. And, now Steven Jackson is even more exciting than ever. I know being a starter is something he wants ( I guess?), but we may just get lucky and find that he wants to stay with these guys...But then again, who knows!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Keenum is offline Registered User

I would LOVE to see Curtis stay... but do NOT get rid of Bruce. Bruce may be the face of the franchise right now, in terms of longevity, and he's the last active LA Ram (don't count Landeta, he'll play until he's 60). Number 1, though, is that he still can play, and play well. Curtis just makes our offense that much deadlier. I really like our WR spot (Holt, Bruce, Curtis, McDonald, and Looker). All 5 can make huge plays, and Looker is the holder.

I am afraid Curtis will be gone, though. I can see him getting offered a huge contract that we can't afford, or at least would be smart to not match. We need to concentrate on fixing that run D first.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Kevin is iI believe 29 years old ~~ this is probably his only chance at a really big payday. It is likely that some team will offer him some serious money, and perhaps guarantee that he will be a starter. Curtis like anyone earning a living must think of his family and at this point in his career he ought to take the best offer he can get. I will be sorry to see the guy go, but the NFL is all about change, and in all probability Kevin will not be a Ram once free agency gets going.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Kevin is iI believe 29 years old ~~ this is probably his only chance at a really big payday. It is likely that some team will offer him some serious money, and perhaps guarantee that he will be a starter. Curtis like anyone earning a living must think of his family and at this point in his career he ought to take the best offer he can get. I will be sorry to see the guy go, but the NFL is all about change, and in all probability Kevin will not be a Ram once free agency gets going.
    You are assuming that Kevin wants to see the money. I have not heard anything about him wanting to make more money. I think he is still single, so there can't be much of a family to support...unless he has picked up multiple Mormon wives without Bernie and the other news hounds finding out. In that case, he may need a lot of money and he may want to join a lesser receiving corps so that he could play a bigger role.

I am not writing him off the Rams just yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'd like to keep Curtis, but I don't think it's in the cards. He deserves to be starting somewhere, and we're not using a third receiver enough to warrant paying Holt, Curtis, and Bruce starting money. If we can't keep Curtis, it would probably be prudent to pick a receiver on the first day of the draft.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    You are assuming that Kevin wants to see the money. I have not heard anything about him wanting to make more money. I think he is still single, so there can't be much of a family to support...unless he has picked up multiple Mormon wives without Bernie and the other news hounds finding out. In that case, he may need a lot of money and he may want to join a lesser receiving corps so that he could play a bigger role.

I am not writing him off the Rams just yet.
    It's very rare in todays NFL that a player takes less money to stay where he is. In KC's case the money a #1 receiver earns vs. a #3 is significant.

Unfortunately I see him going for the green backs. He may not talk about it but then again we don't here much from this guy about anything.

Also, I'm not so sure that his marital status makes any difference...$$$$ is $$$$
    Last edited by laram0; -01-30-2007 at 10:39 AM.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

I'm not getting my hopes up on him staying a Ram,I would like to see it happen though.As for saying the money may not be a big issue,think of it this way,if any of us were offered better pay and more opportunities(playing time) in a different company,IMO most of us would leave.Add in that he is making his living in a sport were one serious injury could wreck a career and that he is 29,probably his last chance at a big pay day.Throw in the fact that a professional athlete's career doesn't have the longest life-span,and I don't think you can blame a guy for looking after himself.If I'm him I would be saying Show me the money!!:l

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    It's very rare in todays NFL that a player takes less money to stay where he is. In KC's case the money a #1 receiver earns vs. a #3 is significant.

Unfortunately I see him going for the green backs. He may not talk about it but then again we don't here much from this guy about anything.

Also, I'm not so sure that his marital status makes any difference...$$$$ is $$$$
    Look at his background. He put his religion before the NFL and entered the league later in life because football and money was not as important to him. There are a couple of Mormon elders who have been talking to me lately, and I have gathered that Mormons try to avoid material obsession and things that control them. IMO, I think Curtis may be one of the players that is not driven by money or even fame.

We will have to see if the FO wants to talk or not. They have let other FAs walk away without talking with them before. Curtis may be forced to leave if they don't want to talk to him and I am sure he will be welcomed by many other teams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by denverram View Post
    Let me start this thought by saying I am a huge Isaac Bruce fan. However I do think that with Kevin Curtis and his looming free agent status it may be time to make Isaac a number 3 WR and give Kevin Curtis the No.2 wide out spot. Isaac is gettin golder and I think a few less reps may help him to br more productive when he is in the game. I also think that this wil help us hold on to Kevin Curtis who could be a very good compliment to Holt.

What says The Clan???
    Sorry but you don't make Bruce who caught 74 balls for 1098 yards the number 3 WR.

I said it last year in the offseason, if Curtis could beat out Bruce for the number 2 spot fair enough, he didn't do it. There is nothing that suggests after the way Bruce played last season that he would lose his spot to Curtis this year.

You don't promote Curtis just because he might leave via free agency and demote Bruce for no reason.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast