Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Kevin Kolb Sucks! - NFC West

Our Rams are the favourite to take the division next year. We are the only team with a good QB (soon to be pro bowler).

How do you guys feel about the Seahawks and Cardinals battling it out for Kevin Kolb, or Marc Bulger?

I still think we would be the favourites due to our major success in our past few drafts. Kolb strikes me as the type of guy to do good one game and bad the next. Not too sure on how I feel about him ending up playing for the Cardinals. If they were to trade a first, I'd love it. I think he will be no better than Charlie Whitehurst, which obviously isn't good. The NFC West is up for grabs right now and we have to seize our chances.

RAMS FOR NFC WEST!

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Kevin Kolb Sucks! - NFC West

I really wouldn't get too overconfident, like you said, the NFC West is up for grabs and every team there has tough schedules while ours is the toughest. Anything can happen and if it hits you (in a bad way), I hope you don't fall too hard. The other NFC West teams will find ways to earn the crown and I'm a bit skeptical when the a lot of people nowadays say this is a QB-driven league, don't be surprised if a team garners out an elite 2000 Ravens or 2007 Giants-like defense to win their way to the top (and that includes an NFC West team that could stick a knife down our throats). Although I'd like to have that elite Giants defense come to light for our Rams.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

How do you guys feel about the Seahawks and Cardinals battling it out for Kevin Kolb
    I think it's great! Because whoever gets him will have to overpay.......supply and demand.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Trevor is offline Registered User

I hope either of those teams get Marc Bulger.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't say that Kolb sucks, but there's no question that he is overrated, overhyped and will be overpaid.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Kolb and Bulger are no Kurt Warner. Nothing to fear here. And even though there is a market for QBs, I think his desire to start again will contribute to Marc's name changing to Marc Budget.
    Semper Fi!

richtree is offline Registered User

Carson Palmer is available too. He will be a Panther or Seahawk

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Just like there was a thread stating that Gilyard shouldnt be written (at least yet), no team that aquires Bulger or Kolb or any other qb should be written off either. The Ravens did it with Dilfer, and Bulger, Kolb the Smiths and all the other qbs still need to be gameplanned for carefully.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Carson Palmer is available too. He will be a Panther or Seahawk
    Last I heard the Bengals were refusing to trade him. Has that changed?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BEER is offline Registered User

Kolb is over rated for a team to give a first round pick. But he is better then any other trade or FA QB. AZ would make out with this if they get him for a second next year.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Last I heard the Bengals were refusing to trade him. Has that changed?
    I dont get what their trying to prove, its just hurting their franchise now. Go get what you can for him and move on. Both sides will be much happier.

As for Kolb, yes I do believe he will be overpaid for heavily. I will happily accept the fact that one of our rivals may give a 1st or 2nd round for Kevin Kolb. Bothers me knowing the Eagles get nice compensation, but I can live with it. Kolb isn't great in any aspect of his game.

Free Agents (95%) are overpaid for any ways.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I dont get what their trying to prove, its just hurting their franchise now. Go get what you can for him and move on. Both sides will be much happier.
    The Bengals will never be good until Mike Brown resigns ownership of the team.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Do you guys remember what happened to Bulger? He got so beat up by our porous line that he became gun shy. With time away from starting, and if he gets a good O-line, he can still be a dangerous player for the Rams to face. When Warner would come in and smack us around, I didn't like that very well. I do not want something like that to occur again with Bulger.

I have seen Kolb - he isn't that good. He has spells of doing well, but he has spells of crap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Do you guys remember what happened to Bulger? He got so beat up by our porous line that he became gun shy. With time away from starting, and if he gets a good O-line, he can still be a dangerous player for the Rams to face. When Warner would come in and smack us around, I didn't like that very well. I do not want something like that to occur again with Bulger.

I have seen Kolb - he isn't that good. He has spells of doing well, but he has spells of crap.
    I believe there is a HUGE difference between Warner and bulger. Remind me how many superbowls bulger has been to. I believe bulger did benefit alot from having faulk holt and bruce. I would be happy to see bulger back in the west cause it means one of our competitors messed up. Bulger at this point isn't a threat maybe and I mean a BIG maybe he would of been a threat earlier in his career but not now. Bulger would be scared silly when he sees long, hall, robbins, and quinn all racing to get to him.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I would rather the Seahags & Cards give up the house to trade for Kolb or Palmer and set there franchises back for a couple more years for paying to much to get a QB. That will give the rams more chances at winning more games.
    I don't want Bulger to come to the NFC West.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast