RamWraith is offline Registered User

KFFL Highlight notes from camp

Rams | Team will stage interesting battle at left guard
    Sun, 11 Jun 2006 07:05:44 -0700

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports there will be an interesting battle to be the St. Louis Rams starting left guard between OG Claude Terrell and OG Richie Incognito. "I think coach (head coach Scott Linehan) is giving everybody a fair shot," Incognito said. "I'm just trying to stay in the heat of the competition. Just trying to do my thing and stay near the top." Terrell was the starter last season, but he broke his wrist late in the season. Following wrist surgery in January, conditioning work for Terrell was put on hold. His waistline expanded, and Linehan dropped hints earlier in the spring that Terrell had anything but a stranglehold on the job. Judging from Linehan's comments Saturday, June 10, Terrell should take nothing for granted. "It's going to be competitive," Linehan said. "Claude hasn't been able to go; he's gone some this camp. He's still got the wrist issue. Richie had been working real good there, and then he gets the hand thing."

Rams | Conklin hired
    Sun, 11 Jun 2006 07:03:49 -0700

Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams have hired former NFL QB Cary Conklin to fill one of two vacant positions on the scouting staff.

Rams | Kennedy happier now that Kollar has moved on
    Sun, 11 Jun 2006 06:55:33 -0700

Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams DT Jimmy Kennedy is happier these days now that defensive line coach Bill Kollar has moved on. "It's a different environment," Kennedy said. "When you love coming to work every day, it just makes your job that much more fun." His play didn't support his status as a first-round draft choice, due at least to some degree to his oil-and-water relationship with the leather-lunged Kollar. "I'm not bashing the guy, because I know what he was trying to get out of me," Kennedy said. "But his teaching technique isn't for everyone." New defensive coordinator Jim Haslett has been happy with Kennedy so far. "The guy works hard, and he has more speed than I realized. He's smart, he doesn't make a lot of mistakes, and he listens, said Haslett. He's going to be a heck of a player." Nose tackle is a new position for Kennedy and the learning process for him is well underway.

Rams | Offensive line has to run after practice
    Sun, 11 Jun 2006 06:25:00 -0700

Steve Korte, of the News-Democrat, reports the St. Louis Rams offensive linemen ran sprints after practice as offensive line coach Paul Boudreau's punishment for jumping offsides. "I've always thought that it was a good thing within the group to have some kind of a penalty," Linehan said. "One thing we've really addressed is the pre-snap penalties that were a problem for this team a year ago. We're really putting the hammer down when we don't do a good job."

Rams | Linehan discusses training camp plans
    Sun, 11 Jun 2006 06:21:47 -0700

Steve Korte, of the News-Democrat, reports St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan announced that the Rams will hold night practices during two-a-days in training camp, which open July 27. Linehan plans on having three practices every two days with a morning and night practice one day and then an afternoon practice the next day. Linehan said portable lighting will be installed at Rams Park.

Rams | Fisk to be part of team's defensive tackle rotation
    Sun, 11 Jun 2006 06:21:12 -0700

Steve Korte, of the News-Democrat, reports the St. Louis Rams plan to use DL Jason Fisk as part of their defensive tackle rotation along with starting DTs Jimmy Kennedy and La'Roi Glover. "We brought him in here because of his ability to be a backup nose and play when we need some help in there," Rams head coach Scott Linehan said. "When people are trying to run the ball at us, he gives us some depth on the line." Fisk is happy to be with the Rams. "It was a great opportunity for me to come in here and play with a team that has all the talent to do whatever we want." Fisk said he was glad to be playing in a 4-3 defense after playing nose tackle in a 3-4 defense with the Browns and the San Diego Chargers.

Rams | Bagwell seeing plenty of action
    Sat, 10 Jun 2006 19:32:36 -0700

Nick Wagoner, of StLouisRams.com, reports St. Louis Rams rookie RB Antoine Bagwell is getting plenty of work this weekend as a backup and has showed some flashes of elusiveness and speed

Rams | F. Russell unable to practice
    Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:10:14 -0700

R.B. Fallstrom, of the Associated Press, reports St. Louis Rams RB Fred Russell (ill) did not work out Saturday, June 10, because of a stomach virus. "He was pretty sick, so we just sent him home from school," head coach Scott Linehan said.

Rams | Frerotte returns to practice
    Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:08:27 -0700

R.B. Fallstrom, of the Associated Press, reports St. Louis Rams backup QB Gus Frerotte (neck) returned to practice Saturday, June 10, after missing the afternoon session Friday, June 9, with a stiff neck, believed caused by moving boxes into his residence.

Rams | Steussie misses afternoon practice
    Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:07:57 -0700

R.B. Fallstrom, of the Associated Press, reports St. Louis Rams OG Todd Steussie (calf) was held out of practice Saturday afternoon, June 10, because of a tight calf due to the warm weather.

Rams | Pace misses afternoon practice
    Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:04:01 -0700

R.B. Fallstrom, of the Associated Press, reports St. Louis Rams OT Orlando Pace (calf) was held out of practice Saturday afternoon, June 10, because of a tight calf due to the warm weather.

Rams | S. Jackson excused from morning practice
    Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:03:18 -0700

R.B. Fallstrom, of the Associated Press, reports St. Louis Rams RB Steven Jackson missed the team's morning workout Saturday, June 10, while serving as the honorary chairman of a "Race to the Cure" run benefiting breast cancer research.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: KFFL Highlight notes from camp

Who is Cary Conklin and why did we hire him for a scout?
    RamsFan16

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: KFFL Highlight notes from camp

Steve Korte, of the News-Democrat, reports the St. Louis Rams offensive linemen ran sprints after practice as offensive line coach Paul Boudreau's punishment for jumping offsides. "I've always thought that it was a good thing within the group to have some kind of a penalty," Linehan said. "One thing we've really addressed is the pre-snap penalties that were a problem for this team a year ago. We're really putting the hammer down when we don't do a good job."

Finally some accountability! This is a good thing!!