Thread: KFFL Notes

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

KFFL Notes

Rams | Setterstrom likely headed for backup role
    Wed, 10 May 2006 14:54:34 -0700

StLouisRams.com reports St. Louis Rams OL Mark Setterstrom will probably settle for a job as a backup guard, with OLs Adam Timmerman, Richie Incognito and Claude Terrell competing for the two starting spots.

Rams | Palmer to compete for roster spot
    Wed, 10 May 2006 14:41:31 -0700

StLouisRams.com reports St. Louis Rams OL Tony Palmer will likely be competing for a roster spot on the team, along with OLs Mark Setterstrom, Blaine Saipaia and Ben Noll.

Rams | Hagans could be used in many roles
    Wed, 10 May 2006 14:35:55 -0700

StLouisRams.com reports St. Louis Rams WR Marques Hagans is a top candidate to be the team's punt returner, but could also see action on the offense as a running back, wide receiver or even quarterback.

Rams | Byrd to compete for starting job
    Wed, 10 May 2006 14:30:12 -0700

StLouisRams.com reports St. Louis Rams TE Dominique Byrd should compete to be the team's starting tight end with the team's other rookie at the position, TE Joe Klopfenstein. The two may even be used in two tight end sets throughout the season.

Rams | Klopfenstein expected to compete for starting position
    Wed, 10 May 2006 14:22:16 -0700

StLouisRams.com reports St. Louis Rams TE Joe Klopfenstein is expected to compete to be the team's starting tight end in the offseason with fellow rookie TE Dominique Byrd. Klopfenstein's potential to develop as a red-zone target should make him a factor in the team's offense.

Rams | Chillar the leading candidate for WLB
    Wed, 10 May 2006 11:55:16 -0700

Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams LB Brandon Chillar has the inside track to fill the team's weakside linebacker vacancy.

Rams | Haslett and the defense under the spotlight in 2006
    Wed, 10 May 2006 06:15:19 -0700

Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams have totally retooled their defense for 2006 and defensive coordinator Jim Haslett must make the unit produce on the field. The defense sagged to 30th in the 32-team league last season, when the Rams went 6-10. "I think the whole defense has to play better than they played the last couple of years, especially on the run game," Haslett said. "I want our defensive team to be tough-minded and physical. But I also want them to be good (at) technique, smart, and I want them to be good tacklers. And I don't think it was a good tackling football team last year." The defense is looking at seven potential new starters. "The people that we brought in are quality guys," Haslett said. "They're tough individuals, they're tough-minded, they love football, and they're going to be good for this team." Among the holdovers, Haslett said he's detected a determination to pry themselves from near the bottom of the league's statistical standings.

Rams | Team remains interested in G. Jackson and J. Fisk
    Wed, 10 May 2006 06:13:38 -0700

Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan said the Rams remain interested in free agent DT Grady Jackson (Packers) and free agent DT Jason Fisk (Browns). "We're still talking to those guys. It's just a matter of making (a deal) work," he said.

Rams | Team has not discussed Mueller
    Wed, 10 May 2006 06:09:08 -0700

Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports despite a report out of Miami, St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan said the Rams have not discussed a front-office position with Miami Dolphins general manager Randy Mueller.

Chillar to WLB? WTF I don't like that.
    And also if linehan talks to Randy Mueller and we hire him as GM I'd love that move!

RamsFan16

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Re: KFFL Notes

Rams | Team remains interested in G. Jackson and J. Fisk
    Wed, 10 May 2006 06:13:38 -0700

Bill Coats, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan said the Rams remain interested in free agent DT Grady Jackson (Packers) and free agent DT Jason Fisk (Browns). "We're still talking to those guys. It's just a matter of making (a deal) work," he said.

If we do end up getting one of these guys, which I do believe we are at some point after or before the next mini camp, which one would make the greatest contribution? Assuming Jackson is in shape...
    Last edited by .ramfan.; -05-10-2006 at 06:32 PM.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

i really hope smith gets SLB cuz Smith has more experience
    Last edited by RamsFan4ever; -05-10-2006 at 07:07 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

If we do end up getting one of these guys [GJ / JF], which I do believe we are at some point after or before the next mini camp, which one would make the greatest contribution? -- .Ramfan.
    I'd probably settle for Fisk. Not sure if Grady Jackson is carrying some baggage.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

What happened to Pisa? Wouldn't he be WLB?
    RamsFan16

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

hey it says chillar for WLB........ is pisa SLB??

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    What happened to Pisa? Wouldn't he be WLB?
    This has gotta be a typo. Pisa ia already an outstanding WLB, why would they move him? Besides Chillar at 253# is more suited for strong-side work than Pisa at 230+lbs. I read in a different thread that Haslett has Chillar as the front-runner for SLB and I believe that is the case at this time.

WHAT SAY YE?

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

I totally agree with you remarkable,pisa gotta be nailed down at WLB,im pretty confident that either Chillar or Smith can produce at SLB!

Remember folks when we are talking about our D,we just need our D to be competitive and do their job,our O although question marks against our O-line has a lot of talent on it,we just need our D to do their job we dont need our D to become like the Bears,Ravens or Bucs in their prime however nice it would be!