FestusRam is offline Registered User

King got de-throned

Seeing as we love to nickname Rams players ill nickname Justin"The Liability"King.

King has proven multiple times he is not at an NFL level. He had so many boneheaded penalties and looked far over-matched. If you watch the game again check out when Eli targeted him but made bad throws. Not to mention all the average throws that were completed against him. The dudes well away from the receiver every time. Idk how he's in this league but he can't cover worth sh*t. His positioning and instincts are absolutely abysmal.

It's very frustrating to watch. Some people might just say it's only one game(i've said this about other players before) but this guy can't but trusted to cover number 2 receivers. I hope he proves me wrong.

On the other hand, Fletcher is a beast. Hakeem Nicks is a top 5 receiver in the league and besides a miraculous catch(that was called a PI) and a perfect throw that cant be covered, he did well.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Re: King got de-throned

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Seeing as we love to nickname Rams players ill nickname Justin"The Liability"King.

King has proven multiple times he is not at an NFL level. He had so many boneheaded penalties and looked far over-matched. If you watch the game again check out when Eli targeted him but made bad throws. Not to mention all the average throws that were completed against him. The dudes well away from the receiver every time. Idk how he's in this league but he can't cover worth sh*t. His positioning and instincts are absolutely abysmal.

It's very frustrating to watch. Some people might just say it's only one game(i've said this about other players before) but this guy can't but trusted to cover number 2 receivers. I hope he proves me wrong.

On the other hand, Fletcher is a beast. Hakeem Nicks is a top 5 receiver in the league and besides a miraculous catch(that was called a PI) and a perfect throw that cant be covered, he did well.
    Bartell out for the season, couldnt have happened at a worse time. Justin King may turn out to be a decent player, now he is getting a lot more reps, and some valuable experience.? But it will not be anytime soon.? In the meantime the Rams are suffering quite badly, the drop off is significant from Bartell. Who for some reason doesnt even get a mention by the analysts on ESPN, as an important player out.? It's become another area, opposing OC's, will be fancying their chances against the Rams.!

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Cool Re: King got de-throned

ya Ya ya ohh boy
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -09-20-2011 at 05:55 PM.

He didn't look much like a beast at all with that PI call on him while guarding Nicks that lead to the first and goal for the Nicks TD. and on the Nicks TD.. he didn't look back either play at all. I've never seen a decent CB not at least glance back at the QB . This actually seems to be our Secondary as a whole not positioning the ball in the air.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

King isn't going anywhere. He obviously needs to step his game up at a tremendous level but Tim Atchison has a strained groin and will be out for a while. Thats the latest hit to our secondary, so once again we are down to 3 corners.

Fletcher on the other hand played amazing. He basically shut down everyone that came over to him. He allowed that TD to Nicks though. He was totally turned around and was in good position, but Manning put the ball in the only place it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    King isn't going anywhere. He obviously needs to step his game up at a tremendous level but Tim Atchison has a strained groin and will be out for a while. Thats the latest hit to our secondary, so once again we are down to 3 corners.
    I was actually pretty impressed with Atchison as in we didn't hear his name called at all which for a DB is a good thing.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    He didn't look much like a beast at all with that PI call on him while guarding Nicks that lead to the first and goal for the Nicks TD. and on the Nicks TD.. he didn't look back either play at all. I've never seen a decent CB not at least glance back at the QB . This actually seems to be our Secondary as a whole not positioning the ball in the air.
    That was an iffy PI call and, if your going to down him for one penalty against a top tier WR, then I don't what to tell you. He was in single coverage and still stayed with him. Nicks did a good job that play of disguising when the ball was in air. Also, when your on your own against a player sprinting down the sideline with Hakeem Nicks talent, looking for the ball can cost you 6 points.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    That was an iffy PI call and, if your going to down him for one penalty against a top tier WR, then I don't what to tell you. He was in single coverage and still stayed with him. Nicks did a good job that play of disguising when the ball was in air. Also, when your on your own against a player sprinting down the sideline with Hakeem Nicks talent, looking for the ball can cost you 6 points.
    I agree except for the fact that Fletcher or none of our CB's didn't look back for the ball. Want to know the quickest way to get PI called on you? Don't look back to see where the ball is...