TekeRam is offline Registered User

King's MMQB on Rams

4. I think one reason you won't see the Rams going out and throwing huge money at, say, Ron Wolf to fix and run the franchise is that this regime is hesitant to spend a lot of money to install a new regime for another owner. I keep hearing the Rams will be sold by year's end. If you're Wolf, and even if you wanted to get back in the game, why would you go somewhere where you don't know who's going to be your boss on New Year's Day? By the way, I agree with Tiki Barber on NBC: Jim Fassel makes a lot of sense as interim coach. Dick Vermeil probably makes more. I don't see either Jim Haslett or Al Saunders having the juice inside the organization to get the job.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: King's MMQB on Rams

I agree with the concept that organizational flux will repel quality management, but the catch-22 is the longer this slide continues......the longer fans revolt.....the less valuable this franchise becomes. That might attract a larger number of buyers, but it provides less and less funds in order to pay off the estates tax burden.

It makes (dollars &) sense for Chip to bolster the organization now in order to increase the franchise value.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Unless the potential buyer wants to move the team(presumably back to LA), in which case, he doesn't give a rat's arse about the current fan base in St. Louis. That said, they can't underestimate the remaining SoCal fans who are pissed off and won't accept back a piece of trash further away from a playoff team than when they left.

I have to imagine it's good for all parties to try to right the ship now, and if a new GM shows marked improvement during the season, he might just get to keep his job through the transition.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I have to imagine it's good for all parties to try to right the ship now, and if a new GM shows marked improvement during the season, he might just get to keep his job through the transition.
    Exactly! Sure we appear to be a sinking ship right now, but the farther we fall just presents a bigger opportunity for a turnaround by a real football person. What's the old saying? "When life deals you lemons: make lemonade!" A good GM can save the ship, but he must be empowered with absolute authority. In other words, goodbye John, and goodbye Jay, not to mention the guy who is supposed to be our head coach. Scott does appear to be a "nice guy," so he could be retained as an assistant to the equipment manager ..