Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Kiper says "Take Luck - Trade Bradford"

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Kiper says "Take Luck - Trade Bradford"

Heresy, right? (For the record, McShay's stance was a bit softer. Said it would not be his first choice, but worth considering).

Disclaimer: I love Bradford, and am aware of all the arguments against him being (any) part of the team's current problems, and pretty much agree. (Missing DX and not seeing Salas bothered me, however).

OK - First off, the Rams need to have the worst record in the NFL. I don't think they will, so the whole argument may be moot. If they DO, however, in my opinion, it will be because Bradford not only did not progress as expected, but in fact took a step backwards. Again, I don't think he will, but feel that the team is catching on to McD's 'O', and it's kinda' on him now.

To me - it's almost a win win. If the Rams win 4-6 games, Sam's progressing, we get a decent pick, and all's right with the world. If they win 1 or none, (entirely possible), they either get 3 great picks for Luck, (when it's universally decided it was the O-line, lack of D or whatever), or get Luck, if it's felt SB didn't live up to expectations, (or ends up permanently injured from lack of protection).

"the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

Re: Kiper says "Take Luck - Trade Bradford"

i offically hate kipers now .. LUCK will be like ryan leaf... watch

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

blaah, I don't blame Bradford for our struggles. We catch half the balls we've dropped and his qb rating probably jumps 10 points. Sims Walker runs the right route half the time he played for us and it probably jumps 5 more points. We get a full offseason in with a new coordinator(instead of 4 weeks) and who knows what his rating is.

Has Bradford worried me this year? Yes sir but Nfl personnel people have consistently remarked upon how we have the worst receiving corps in the NFL add a line that has looked awful and he was bound to struggle. We are not playing well enough around Sam for him to play well. Btw Kiper is an idiot. God I still remember him railing the Colts for picking Faulk over Dilfer and Shuler(yeah how that'd turn out).

Say we did pick Luck. Would he not be surrounded by the same exact holes as Bradford. I think we all know Bradford has the tools to be a successful QB. Look at a guy like Fitzpatrick who doesn't possess anywhere near the tools of Bradford yet is striving with a great line and great weapons around him.

Obviously we'll know more with Lloyd, Jackson and Clayton back. All three should have a huge impact. The perfect scenario is we turn things around now still get a top ten pick and then have some momentum heading in to next year. This is the same thing the Bills and Lions did last year and look how well they are playing this year.
    Last edited by mcpeepants232003; -10-20-2011 at 02:42 PM.
    VegasRam and hawaiianpunch like this.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Worst idea I have heard. Who would trade a proven talent like Bradford for a rookie, when 50% of all rookie QB's are washouts? Just stupid.

If this is true, it is more evidence that Kiper is a fool. I can't even believe that any 'professional' scout would posit such a ridiculous notion. Kiper is a dummy.
    hawaiianpunch likes this.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Rambos is online now Registered User

If we ended up with the first pick, I would trade that pick. I've read that it may fetch as many as three number ones. Who know but if the Falcon gave up their draft for Jones, the Rams could get draft picks galore.

I would keep Sam...
    Last edited by Rambos; -10-20-2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Ram Mar Ram likes this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

This is the same Mel Kiper who ranked Jimmy Clausen over Bradford.

Let's break this down.

Here are Av's Top 5 Reasons Why (if the Rams had the first pick) They Should NOT Take Luck and Trade Bradford:

5. How many Top 5 QBs have to flame out before people realize there is no such thing as a "sure thing."
    4. As good as Luck's numbers are, he has not played a Top 25 team this year.
    3. Andrew Luck is more tradeable than Sam Bradford because his post-new CBA price tag will be much lower than Sam's.
    2. Sam Bradford has demonstrated he can play in the NFL. Andrew Luck has not.
    1. Andrew Luck can't pass block, get open, or catch the ball.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

^ there is no way we should take anything besides a WR, OT or Dt with our first pick. WR and OT are the most pressing needs but if there's a Ngata we take him. Taking a qb would be idiocy. So it makes sense that Kiper is saying it.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I'm sorry, this is a rediculous notion by Kiper. When Bradford gets the support he needs, he's going to excel. He's already shown he is something special. Does anyone really think Luck could just come into the same situation Bradford is in now and light it up? Really??

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Yeah as AV said and I have said, Kiper said Classen pickle was the best QB in the draft that year! We are struggling hard on the front line and dropping passes like mad. Yeah maybe Bradford is holding the ball too much , but maybe he's just waiting cause he wants the ball where the defender is not so the WR's have no excuse!~ I doubt that but anyway, the D is pretty good( where is Quinn by the way) and we have done well between the 20's just got to step it up! Bradford is ours for a long time and it will be all worth it. If we are the worst and get the first pick......... Trade down and get some other weapons. I'm not sold on Luck but we shall see, oh and Clayton is back. He would have had a career year had he not got hurt....and we have BL now! these two do what the word receiver means... receive the damn ball , u know like catch the F@#$er!!!!! So i think u are gonna see the change this week!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I see all the hate in this thread but I will go ahead and say I have thought the same thing that kiper has.

Here is my reason, if we do go 1-15 or whatever it takes to get the #1 pick the entire coaching staff will be gone (most likely). A new OC will be brought in, Bradfords third in three years, most likely this guy will have a new system for Bradford t learn. Three systems in three years is following the same trend that Alex Smith followed. Granted that Bradford is much more skilled than Smith, this scenario is still an aweful one to put a young QB through. So in the unlikely scenario we trade Bradford and grab a first, second,and third at the very least. Draft Luck, who I think will be a very good QB, and a nice WR with out additional first rounder and then start putting pieces around him.

The key to success is stability, and I garuntee if we do bad enough for a #1 overall pick there will be no stability in this coaching staff. So why not bring in a fresh face and try to build a stable franchise.

Disclaimer: I do not actually believe that we will go 1-15. I am a big fan of Bradford and place no blame of the season on him.
    ManofGod likes this.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

A lot of superstars would not have made it if they were given up on during the sophomore slump. Silly notion by a silly haircut.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Three systems in three years is following the same trend that Alex Smith followed.
    Interesting to note that with Luck's former college coach guiding Smith, he's on his way to having the best season of his career, with a 95.2 QB rating so far and his team at 5-1.

I think if you put Bradford in a good situation like Smith is in now, the sky's the limit.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

This is just Kiper trying to be relevant in October.
    sonnyjames likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    This is just Kiper trying to be relevant in October.
    That presupposes he's relevant at all.

Pretty much the responses I'd expected, and again I concur. Good to see as well, as the confidence in Bradford is almost universal, and there's a lot of knowledge on this board.

Matter of fact, watching him against GB, back there directing traffic in his pre-snap reads, he looked eerily similar to one Tom Brady, who really is good (hatred for the Pats notwithstanding).

As far as Luck goes, ala..."since Elway or Manning"..., as I recall, neither had a stellar first few years.

Going to be very interesting the effect Lloyd and Clayton have, (assuming they play), regardless of who starts at QB.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Kiper is in obvious need of an intervention. Apparently he has reached rock bottom - and is now huffing the jock straps of Alex Smith and Tony Romo...

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast