throwback week



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Kirk Ferentz?

  1. #1
    RamsFan16 Guest

    Kirk Ferentz?

    Do you think if Martz is gone next year that we should try to pursue Kirk Ferentz? He is a balanced Defensive and Offensive minded coach and is a great coach at both. I think he would be good here.! What do you think?


  2. #2
    psycho9985 Guest

    Re: Kirk Ferentz?

    You must believe the Rams will be 2-14 or 1-15 if you think Martz will be gone next year.
    LOL

  3. #3
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,574
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Kirk Ferentz?

    Martz will be here for awhile, winning is not all bad, is it?

  4. #4
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

    Re: Kirk Ferentz?

    RF16 you might need a little sleep. MM will not be going anywhere. Even if he where it would not be during the season. We have a whole season filled with exciting football to talk about. Relax, set back, and enjoy the season.

  5. #5
    RamsFan16 Guest

    Re: Kirk Ferentz?

    I know I said "IF"

  6. #6
    theodus69 Guest

    Re: Kirk Ferentz?

    Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    You must believe the Rams will be 2-14 or 1-15 if you think Martz will be gone next year.
    LOL
    I was kinda thinking the same thing! Even a bad year like that would still not end Martz' era.

  7. #7
    RamsFan16 Guest

    Re: Kirk Ferentz?

    What about Ferentz for D Coord?

  8. #8
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,061
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Kirk Ferentz?

    Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    I was kinda thinking the same thing! Even a bad year like that would still not end Martz' era.
    I dunno, if the Rams went 1-15 or 2-14, Martz would be in deep trouble IMO. Having said that, there's no way the Rams will be anywhere near 1-15 or 2-14. I have a feeling the Martz era will continue for quite some time.

  9. #9
    AugustaRamFan Guest

    Re: Kirk Ferentz?

    I have been a Martz critic for some time now, but I hardly think this is the time to debate his ability as the 2005 Season begins. Ask the question in February if it's even applicable.

    ARF:tongue:

  10. #10
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Kirk Ferentz?

    Name me ONE college coach in the recent era that has come on and won immediately in the NFL?

    .......................
    .......................


    I couldn't think of one either. I can name TWO that went back to college (Spurrier and Carroll) but I can't name one that stayed.

  11. #11
    ZigZagRam's Avatar
    ZigZagRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Louis
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Kirk Ferentz?

    What about Ferentz for D Coord?
    Now you're talking. But he'd probably get more $ as a head coach at Iowa than a D-Coordinator in the NFL.

  12. #12
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,308
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: Kirk Ferentz?

    MAD MIKE IS HERE FOR A WHILE LIKE IT OR NOT ?:tongue:

  13. #13
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,061
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Kirk Ferentz?

    Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Name me ONE college coach in the recent era that has come on and won immediately in the NFL?

    .......................
    .......................


    I couldn't think of one either. I can name TWO that went back to college (Spurrier and Carroll) but I can't name one that stayed.
    Bobby Ross won immediately at San Diego and Barry Switzer came in after a few years out of college and won at Dallas, including a Super Bowl.

  14. #14
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Kirk Ferentz?

    Did they stick around? Those guys were also in the early 90's weren't they?

    Hey, to me the early 90's weren't that far off either, but it's at least 15 years ago. I'm thinking mainly in the salary cap era.

    Geez, I miss the ole internet days when every i didn't have to be dotted with an explanation.

    :tongue:

  15. #15
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,061
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Kirk Ferentz?

    Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Did they stick around? Those guys were also in the early 90's weren't they?

    Hey, to me the early 90's weren't that far off either, but it's at least 15 years ago. I'm thinking mainly in the salary cap era.

    Geez, I miss the ole internet days when every i didn't have to be dotted with an explanation.

    :tongue:
    Forgive me Tx. I didn't know there were conditions to your question. Does Bobby Ross apply here, he coached in the NFL from 1992-2000 with a 74-63 record.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •