PYRO_LION is offline Registered User

Know the Rams From a Fantasy Football Perspective?

I'm looking to get an edge for the upcoming season. Usually, die hard fans know the teams better than the supposed "experts" that cover them. Who knows the Rams inside and out, but also knows the ins-and-outs of fantasy football and can help me keep track of the Rams this year?

I'm new to this message board, but from looking around at some of the other posts, it looks like I came to the right place.

Thanks!

Lion

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Know the Rams From a Fantasy Football Perspective?

Honestly the only person that is really worth drafting in the first 5 rounds is Jackson. The past few seasons I have made Jackson my first pick, and I won my league two years ago and got beat in the championship last year.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Steven Jackson definitely put up the Fantasy numbers last year and should continue to do the same this season.
    Suprisingly, Danny Amendola put up some decent points.
    One can see Sam Bradford being good for a backup QB on a fantasy team.
    James Laurinaitis is worth a look when deciding on a defensive player. He's always in on alot of tackles equalling for useful fantasy points.

OTHER FANTASY RAMS

Donnie Avery
    AJ Feeley
    Daniel Fells
    Mardy Gilyard
    Oshiomogho Atogwe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Yeah,

Steven Jackson is far and above your best bet from this team.

At receiver, Laurent Robinson looked sharp at the beginning of last season before he got injured. Donnie Avery led the team in TD receptions (5) as one of the only receivers healthy enough to start most of the season, but the whole field at receiver is muddled right now. A new starting quarterback only adds to the uncertainty as to who the favorite targets are going to be. For fantasy purposed, I wouldn't take any of the receivers as more than a third or fourth option.

If you're in a league that particularly rewards punt return and kick return yardage, you might consider Danny Amendola who set several team records for special teams last season. But that's only if the rules make it worthwhile.

You might take Bradford in a keeper league or maybe as your primary backup. He's probably going to be the best of the rookie quarterbacks, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to throw for lots of yards and touchdowns.

Daniel Fells had the 2nd most TD receptions on the team last year (3) as a backup TE. He might be a bit of a sleeper, but even if he makes it on the field more often, I wouldn't expect much more than say 500-600 yards receiving and say 5 TDs.

If you're in an IDP league, O.J. Atogwe has a knack for causing turnovers which are great for fantasy. Laurinaitis will have tons of tackles but probably not so many interceptions. I don't think any of our defenders are expected to put up many sacks.

If you're in a team defense league, I would not recommend the Rams. We finished near the bottom of the league in most statistical categories last season and really haven't added a lot of impact players on the defense. I think that we will improve now that the players have had a year in the system together, but I would still expect the unit to be in the bottom half of NFL defenses.