RamWraith is offline Registered User

Kollar gets new job...see ya

Bills Hire Kollar As Defensive Line Coach
    Buffalobills.com
    01/24/2006 5:10 PM

ORCHARD PARK, NY – The Bills Tuesday announced the hiring of defensive line coach Bill Kollar.
    Kollar, who has 17 years of NFL coaching experience, spent the past six seasons with the St. Louis Rams. During his time with the Rams, Kollar helped the defensive front develop into one of the most disruptive in the NFL. Defensive end Leonard Little became one of the league’s premier pass rushers by posting 57 sacks over the past five years.
    Prior to working with St. Louis, Kollar coached the defensive line with Atlanta Falcons from 1990-2000 and began his coaching career as a defensive assistant/special teams with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1984. Kollar played defensive line for eight seasons with Cincinnati and Tampa Bay. Kollar was originally drafted 23rd overall in 1974 from Montana State.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Kollar gets new job...see ya

During his time with the Rams, Kollar helped the defensive front develop into one of the most disruptive in the NFL.
    Huh?

Only a Bills site would report that crap. Bet training camp this year will be a lot more quiet for Little & Co.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

It should read ...
    Kollar helped devolop the largest group of underachivers the NFL has ever seen.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Disruptive force? Does that include the 73 yard run right up the middle on the first play of the sf game in the dome, during which not one ram laid a hand on hicks?

I have always liked kollar, but one way or another, he didnt seem to get a lot in the way of results from kennedy or lewis. He seems to have done well with some of the underacheivers and i dont know how much credit he deserves for leonard little or pickett, but the kennedy situation is especially disappointing and hopefully a change of coaches with help the big bear. Too early to tell what would have happened with hargrove.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rambos is offline Registered User

Kollar helped the defensive front develop into one of the most disruptive in the NFL.
    It's all good, best of luck... we will keep moving forward.

jkramsfan Guest

a nice guy away from the field , but his crazy yelling and screaming at the players during practice i think grew old with them, i think we needed a change, but good luck to kollar.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

It's an article like that that makes you wonder how legitimate the opinions are of a new addition to the Rams when those opinions come from the Rams' official site. I'm sure it's like that in every city.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Never thought that 'screamers' were particularly effective as players, managers or coaches. I think we needed a fresh start at this position. I'm glad to see it.

I know others have mentioned it but '...one of the most disruptive fronts in the NFL..'. Where did they get that from?

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    It's an article like that that makes you wonder how legitimate the opinions are of a new addition to the Rams when those opinions come from the Rams' official site. I'm sure it's like that in every city.
    I was wondering the same thing. Also, the "disruptive force" reference was a gross overstatement. I like the idea of a fresh start with most of our coaches.

psycho9985 Guest

They were one of the most disruptive fronts in the Nfl.Disruptive to our ability to stop the run.