Thread: Kool-Aid

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Kool-Aid

Well, now that the Rams have come back down to earth again after another agonizing loss it looks like we as fans need to re-evaluate our beloved sheep. Is this a division winning team like some of us thought? Sure not looking like it, maybe it's time to put the kool-aid away and realize that this team is better than before but not a playoff team! The last couple of years have been like walking though the desert with no water, well we finally got some water to drink, too bad it's muddy. Enjoy the season for what it is, better, just not great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Re: Kool-Aid

I kept my expectations low for this team, away from the playoffs for the most part. Even though we were to win that game and make the playoffs, our only luck would be because how terrible this division is. We're still a mediocre team at best and I tend to keep it that way till we have another solid draft or good FA pickups. I like how everyone here's fired up about the loss, it's a huge sign that we want more out of this team and that we're well aware that this ain't the disappointing '07-'09 Rams.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I would hope everyone is taking our improvements with a grain of salt.

The only reason playoffs could even been talked about was due to the division we are in.

At 4 and 4 we were on top of the NFC west but that same 4 and 4 record would have placed us 3rd or lower in every other division.

So we could still win the division but we have a long way to go to being a top tier team.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    I kept my expectations low for this team, away from the playoffs for the most part. Even though we were to win that game and make the playoffs, our only luck would be because how terrible this division is. We're still a mediocre team at best and I tend to keep it that way till we have another solid draft or good FA pickups. I like how everyone here's fired up about the loss, it's a huge sign that we want more out of this team and that we're well aware that this ain't the disappointing '07-'09 Rams.
    I kept mine low also, I really didn't think this team could win more than 3-4 games. I had no idea Bradford would adjust as well as he did. I too expect big things from this team and I share the frustration of many that they leave wins on the table the way they do when I see soooooooo much potential on the team. The problem is and has always been IMO that they lack a big play threat and it looks like that won't change untill next season at best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

We're still in the thick of the NFC West. Until we're mathematically eliminated, I'll continue to drink the kool-aid.

MACD is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    We're still in the thick of the NFC West. Until we're mathematically eliminated, I'll continue to drink the kool-aid.
    I'm with you....

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I like cherry!

Ouch that hurt! I had to tivo it and just finished watching it. I knew pulling those 3 points off for the jacked up pooch punt would kill us! While I keep my expectations low, I feel like there have been at least two if not three games we have given away by bad decisions.

Argggghhhhhh!!!

Ok, one other thing I learned today. I still hate the Frisco whiners worse than anyone else in the league!!!!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

bruce4life is offline Registered User

I truly thought if we were to win this game today the rams would win the NFC west this season. I thought this was the make or break game. A divisional opponent and chance to go above .500

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I like crystal light better....

Seriously though, before this game there was talk of going to the superbowl this year. I think this is a good reality check that whereas we may be competitive in the nfc west, we are not a superbowl contender.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Wait- what???

You're already crowning who? The seahawks?

They beat the cardinals, big deal.

We lost to a good *****, regardless of their record.

I think our schedules are pretty even, both still have to play the Falcons and the Saints.

If we take care of business and use today's game as a lesson, we should have no problem keeping pace and making for a very exciting game in Seattle come week 17.

The sky has not fallen yet.

The Kool-Aid tastes just fine, and no, there is no cyanide in it my friend.

Rich86 is offline Registered User

i dunno man. it's like i wouldn't want to go to the playoffs if we were just going to embarass ourselves by lack of skill players. we are competiting on a sensational rookie qb, sheer will and coaching for the most part. that being said, i could seriously see us being the first 7-9 division winner to not win a road game. but that would still give us an opportunity to host, but first things first: we GOTTA figure out how to close out ball games.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
    i dunno man. it's like i wouldn't want to go to the playoffs if we were just going to embarass ourselves by lack of skill players.
    I guess we see this very differently because I'd be thrilled to see this young team win the division and make the playoffs, regardless of the circumstances. Building a team is a process, and if part of that process is being embarrassed in an opening round playoff game, so be it. The 1971 Dolphins made it to the Super Bowl, only to get trounced 24-3 by the Cowboys. They followed that humiliation up by winning the next two Super Bolws in a row, going 17-0 en route to the 1972 title.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

We are not out of anything guys..calm down. This loss showed us where we need to improve and I'm looking forward to seeing how we take this soul crushing loss going forward. 4-5 is not out of anything in this division. Let's not tank the rest of the year because we lost a division game to a team that still has some ground to catch up to get back into the divisional race.

Btw we lead the NFL in sacks....can we at least say we're slightly above mediocre?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I am not even that mad about the loss anymore, I am just furious at how we lost. This is what, the 4th time we lost like this? Embarrassing....time for some serious adjustments...