Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Korte: Burton may need a knee scope, Linehan vows to get Avery on the field

Rookie wide receiver might need surgery
    September 15, 2008

It’s feared that rookie wide receiver Keenan Burton has torn cartilage in his knee.

Rams coach Scott Linehan said Burton will have an MRI to determine if he needs to undergo arthroscopic surgery on the knee.

“He does have what we think is a torn meniscus,’’ Linehan said. “That may require a scope, and if it does, then obviously he would be out for a little bit. It wouldn’t end his season. It would just put him out for a few of weeks.’’

Linehan said Burton sustained the injured on punt coverage in the Rams’ season-opening loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. Linehan said Burton had to have fluid drained out of the knee on Saturday.

“It started to swell as the week went on, and he didn’t really say much to anybody about it,’’ Linehan said. “That’s a great trait to have. He basically didn’t want anybody to think he was injured.’’

Burton played sparingly in the Rams’ loss to the New York Giants on Sunday. He had no catches.

“He played OK, but it effected his ability to play at the speed he can play at,’’ Linehan said.

With Burton out, rookie wide receiver Donnie Avery, who has been working behind wide receiver Torry Holt, will be branching out. He’ll learn the other wideout position as well as the slot position.

“We have to get him in the game because he provides an element of speed probably more so than anybody else on the unit,’’ Rams offensive coordinator Al Saunders said.

Rams coach Scott Linehan said Avery “will see a real significant change as far as him playing. We have to get a plan for him, whether he’s playing one or another position or in the slot at times. We have to get him on field. Now that he is healthy, you can really factor him in.’’

Avery, a second-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, is coming back from a strained MCL in his knee.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Re: Korte: Burton may need a knee scope, Linehan vows to get Avery on the field

DUH! Avery should have been on the field yesterday. Burton will be ok, I had the same injury, and was up to my energetic self within 2 weeks. (Shh, I'm a football player).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    DUH! Avery should have been on the field yesterday. Burton will be ok, I had the same injury, and was up to my energetic self within 2 weeks. (Shh, I'm a football player).
    Your cheeriness kills me!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Your cheeriness kills me!
    Can't help it, ask Red. I'm alway's this way. When I get mad though, WATCH OUT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Ugh. These injuries are ruining us.

Get Avery out there. I hope to see some good plays on his part. I'm excited to see the game this weekend. (Look, I'm already looking forward to this sunday).

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Ugh. These injuries are ruining us.

Get Avery out there. I hope to see some good plays on his part. I'm excited to see the game this weekend. (Look, I'm already looking forward to this sunday).
    As I am, boy did I have to go edit that post for spelling. This new keyboard is killing me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think I deleted my post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

booo .... injuries already. They have hardly played at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

wait a minute

i thought Avery was supposed to be the answer in the slot?
    so why the hell is he learning Torry Holt's position? the one guy who will always be in the team? they should have had Avery learning the slot from day one so we could get Dante Hall out of the lineup

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    wait a minute

i thought Avery was supposed to be the answer in the slot?
    so why the hell is he learning Torry Holt's position? the one guy who will always be in the team? they should have had Avery learning the slot from day one so we could get Dante Hall out of the lineup
    I took it ask 'he's learning Bennet's spot, and the Slot, and was behind Holt on the depth chart'.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I hope to see Avery the first wr taken in the draft and Desean Jackson taken after him is lighting it up right now. Let's see if this kid can play.
    :ramlogo:

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

theres been quite a few rookie wideouts who have impressed me so far this year.. Eddie Royal being the Top dog so far...is time to see what ours can do!!!

..hope K.B. gets fixed quickly and no lasting damage..

Go Rams!!!