Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Keenum

Thread: Kudos to Feeley !!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Kudos to Feeley !!

Haven't heard anyone clamoring for Thaddeus Lewis lately. A.J. played pretty well against New Orleans last Sunday, and only (IMO) figures to improve with additional reps with the first team offense. Hopefully A.J. and Brandon Lloyd will hone their timing on deep and fly routes this week. The fact that we beat a good team with A.J. at the helm is going to do wonders for overall team confidence.

Obviously Sam is our starting quarterback, but it is nice to know our backup isn't chopped liver. I am hoping J-Mac cooks up a few specialty dishes for Arizona next Sunday featuring Feeley, Lloyd and Alexander in heretofore unseen scenarios. (I don't think Spags and crew will bring Sam back until his ankle has healed properly).

On two occasions Lloyd had clearly beaten New Orlean's coverage deep and would have scored had Feeley hit him in stride. I doubt those instances will be lost on opposing DCs in upcoming games. This is precisely the sort of thing that will help Steven Jackson get loose. I am actually looking forward to this Sunday's game! Yes .. I'll admit that I thought the Rams would be administered another drubbing by N.O. Lord !! How sweet it is to be wrong !!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Kudos to Feeley !!

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Haven't heard anyone clamoring for Thaddeus Lewis lately. A.J. played pretty well against New Orleans last Sunday, and only (IMO) figures to improve with additional reps with the first team offense. Hopefully A.J. and Brandon Lloyd will hone their timing on deep and fly routes this week.
    Check out the "Bradford Still In Boot" thread. Some of us still would prefer Lewis and voiced that opinion yesterday. That said, under the circumstances, Feeley did his job and helped us get an amazing win. I do like his moxy and he did enough to take care of business. As I mentioned in the other thread, he scrares me and often looks like a disaster waiting to happen, but hey, if he can avoid those disasters and lead us to wins, I'm happy. I'll be happier if Bradford and Lloyd hone their timing this week.

BEER is offline Registered User

I think he just might work very well under josh.. I say keep going with him and let bradford learn, then bradford can teach, not just be our franchise QB.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I am a big Thad Lewis fan, and wish we still had him, but he's never played a legit NFL game (only pre-season games), so having him play a defense like the Saints would probably have been a disaster. Feeley is a nice back-up.

Bradford better be back this weekend. I want to put a whooping on the Cards.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

AJ Feeley stepped up to the plate and performed exactly the way we needed him to play to win that football game...

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I honestly think the touchy Feeley vibes you all are getting are because we won. Had we lost you all would not be overlooking his weaknesses as much. Feeley single handedly almost lost us the game. His fumble for the Saints INT, his sack that was nearly a safety, his missing a wide open LLoyd for what should have been 2 easy touchdowns, his lack of accuracy the whole game. I know all the blame for the fumble/int & near safety aren't all his fault, and partially the O-line, but both were avoidable IMO.

All Feeley has ever shown is, at his absolute best, barely get by. His average play is much, much worse, hence his career QB rating of 69.4. There is a reason he didn't play a snap in 4 years, and I think you are all way too quick to forget that. He didn't do anything special at all on Sunday, but did just enough not to cost us the game. Thankfully Jackson and our defense won us this game in spite of Feeley.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Maybe, but that was a beautiful pass to Lloyd for the td.

just sayin' ...
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    I honestly think the touchy Feeley vibes you all are getting are because we won. Had we lost you all would not be overlooking his weaknesses as much. Feeley single handedly almost lost us the game. His fumble for the Saints INT, his sack that was nearly a safety, his missing a wide open LLoyd for what should have been 2 easy touchdowns, his lack of accuracy the whole game. I know all the blame for the fumble/int & near safety aren't all his fault, and partially the O-line, but both were avoidable IMO.

All Feeley has ever shown is, at his absolute best, barely get by. His average play is much, much worse, hence his career QB rating of 69.4. There is a reason he didn't play a snap in 4 years, and I think you are all way too quick to forget that. He didn't do anything special at all on Sunday, but did just enough not to cost us the game. Thankfully Jackson and our defense won us this game in spite of Feeley.
    What do you expect from a back up QB? Not like Lewis would have outperformed him. Feeley missed 2 deep TD's and gave the Saints a defense TD, sure. But he did also get a sweet pass for a TD between 2 defenders and hit Lloyd right between the 8 and 3 on a clearing route to seal the game which he dropped. Not to mention he came back the next drive and threw a gorgeous ball to the sideline that kept a drive going to Lloyd.

Keenum is offline Registered User

When he first started and missed those longer throws I was getting nervous. Sure he had some rough moments, but he also showed some great throws, especially that TD pass to Lloyd and then several clutch passes to pick up 1st downs. Feeley played much better than your average backup QB going up against a "much better team."

So thank you A.J. for your performance Sunday and helping us get the win!
    MauiRam likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good point, Maui.

Props to our man AJ. All things considered, he filled in well. Seems to secure a solid B grade as our veteran backup QB. I don't think we'll be seeing any QB controversy soon in STL but it's good to know Feeley is there, hopefully more confident and ready.