• 3 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By laram0
  • 1 Post By J-RodRamFan
  • 6 Post By Flippin' Ram
  • 1 Post By RealRam

Thread: Kudos to Kellen Clemens

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Kudos to Kellen Clemens

This team rallied around the likeable veteran, who was a pretty high draft pick when he came out. Clemens saved this season from being a total catastrophe when Bradford went down, anmd by beating playoff calibre teams like Chicago and indy and the Saints, and a hot Tampa team, he CLEARLY has earned a return next year as the primary backup.

He should get a lot of credit for doing a very difficult job, and managing the offense well without having to cut it back, as teams often have to for backup QBs.
    RamDez, live4ramin, laram0 and 4 others like this.

Barry Waller

macrammer is online now Registered User

Re: Kudos to Kellen Clemens

Yes, he has done a very admirable job. I like his leadership and pocket presence. Quite a surprise....

Mikey is online now Registered User

The job he's done this year filling in for Sam has probably earned him a road to coaching. He'll be a QB coach right after he retires and be on his way to an OC job.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Clemens should be back with the team, as second string, with a young rookie backup from round 3 or later as third string
    Randart likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

No question. Clemens has taken advantage of this unexpected and crushing situation and delivered some decent games. He's played about as well as one could reasonably expect a back-up QB to play, and prevented this season from being a total washout.

Equal credit must go to the coaches, who didn't use a devastating injury as an excuse to lose out and have given Clemens reasonable game plans to execute
    laram0, SWFCRAM and lostsoul like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Not taking anything away from the job Clemens did but didn't Stacy emerge at approx the same time as when Clemens took over. Our offense becoming more of a running offense vs when Bradford was at the helm. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

If I'm right with the info above, I'm very anxious to see how Bradford does with a solid if not better than average running game.
    Randart likes this.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I was disgusted with the thought of Clemens being our QB once Sam got injured. I must give him respect and props now. I didn't give him a chance to help pull off the wins he did.
    live4ramin likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I guess I'll be the one to say it.

The Rams would be foolish not to draft a QB who could develop into a starter in the NFL. Clemens has done an admirable job, but he is what he is, and the Rams simply need better.

I see him as an emergency 3rd string QB at best, going forward.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I guess I'll be the one to say it.

The Rams would be foolish not to draft a QB who could develop into a starter in the NFL. Clemens has done an admirable job, but he is what he is, and the Rams simply need better.

I see him as an emergency 3rd string QB at best, going forward.
    I don't see anywhere on the board that speaks to Clemons being a starter....I thought the premise of this was to give kudos to Kellen for helping to guide the Rams to a much more respectable record then most of us thought.....

I do agree the Rams need to have a QB on the roster that over time can step in and be starter like quality......

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I don't see anywhere on the board that speaks to Clemons being a starter....I thought the premise of this was to give kudos to Kellen for helping to guide the Rams to a much more respectable record then most of us thought.....

I do agree the Rams need to have a QB on the roster that over time can step in and be starter like quality......
    Nor was I speaking of him as a starter. Note the last line of my post.

And I did say he's done an admirable job, not sure where the problem is.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Me after Bradford went down

Me after Clemens stepping up

'
    I had zero faith in Clemens after Bradford got injured and went through a chronic depression. He's an excellent game manager and helped the young players understand Schotty's system, which will help us in the long run. I hope Bradford's experience from watching at the sidelines helps him wiggle around the pocket to avoid the sack, that's what impressed me most about KC.
    RamDez, macrammer, Trevor and 3 others like this.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    No question. Clemens has taken advantage of this unexpected and crushing situation and delivered some decent games. He's played about as well as one could reasonably expect a back-up QB to play, and prevented this season from being a total washout.

Equal credit must go to the coaches, who didn't use a devastating injury as an excuse to lose out and have given Clemens reasonable game plans to execute
    That's a properly balanced view of KC's performance since Sam went down. IMO, a justified role of being the silver lining. // At first, when Clemens threw a couple of bad INTs I was all exasperated and upset but KC has managed to hang in there and "save face" for the Rams, even with the emergence of Stacy and a revamped, running game enhanced, offense.

Yes, kudos to Kellen Clemens.
    macrammer likes this.

Trevor is offline Registered User

I'll give credit to KC but he just manages the game. The biggest credit should go to the defense in creating turnovers and changing the game AND Zak Stacy for keeping the chains going.

Randart is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Not taking anything away from the job Clemens did but didn't Stacy emerge at approx the same time as when Clemens took over. Our offense becoming more of a running offense vs when Bradford was at the helm. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

If I'm right with the info above, I'm very anxious to see how Bradford does with a solid if not better than average running game.
    You are indeed correct LR, Zac had been out since preseason injured and Bam Bam was beat up. Also Kendricks and Harkey were out. Add to this Roger swinging inside to guard thanks god and Barks going in at RT and suddenly Klemm looks like a masterful QB and game manager. The fact that the young guys on Defense began to put it together and Court finally got sent to IR helped in all phases. YAY we could block and run set up Klemm for success! He has done more than most of us thought possiable but surely the circumstances helped him immensely!

I trully believe Sam would have flourished also... He will get his shot next year and I cannot wait to see that! Happy Holidays to all...