Thread: Kurt traded?

Deramfan is offline Registered User

Unhappy Kurt traded?

Rams Trade Kurt Warner to Houston Texans

News Source: AF
    Posted by RamsFootball.com on 4/1/2002
    In a shocking development the St. Louis Rams trade Kurt Warner to the expansion Houston Texans for 3 first round draft picks and a player to be named later. It is expected that the Rams will use the first pick in the NFL draft to acquire QB David Carr from Fresno State.

The Rams front office decided that it was time to shake things up in the organization after their disappointing loss in the Superbowl. An unnamed front office personnel had this to say, "We are always looking to add new young talent to our roster and we felt that this trade at this time will help for many years down the road. Not only do we get a quick infusion of young talent now but over the next few years also. We are very excited about the prospects, however, we are sad to see Kurt go, he has meant a lot to the organization."

There are rumors that Dallas is also interested in acquiring Marshall Faulk to replace Emmitt Smith, more details on that possible trade as information comes in.

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    News source AF? Since when did the Air Force begin monitoring the NFL?

P.S. I would ALMOST be inclined to think that trade was a good thing. If it would happen next year, I would not flinch.

Now, if you would have said "Trung traded", I would say you can predict the very near future.

Moosey56 is offline Registered User
    April fools can very dangerous to your health!!!!!
    There is no dark side, its all dark ............

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Emphasis on Fools.

:shield:

RealRam is offline Registered User

The Rampsons

And I actually opened this thread, DOH!... :confused:

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    You silly silly people! DUH!
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

rams=nfl1 is offline Registered User
    DeRamfan should be placed on probation!! Rumors like that NOT posted on April Fools should be penalized!! I think we need to have a kangaroo court in the chat room...I will be the Lawyer representing Clanram...with RamDez as Judge....Anyone want to be Representing ClanRam with me?!? LOL

All in Good fun!!!
    THE WORLDS GREATEST- ST. LOUIS RAMS

WELCOME BACK MY FRIENDS TO THE SHOW THAT NEVER ENDS...

ramavenger is offline Registered User
    Ramsfootball.com is sick for posting such crap
    Iwent to the sight and it sucks compared to the greatest
    sight of all "CLANRAM"
    That would be insane to trade Kurt Warner,the key
    to the greatest team.
    :tut

Mr.Blond Guest
    WHAT IS THIS S#*T? My heart's beating so fast i'm about to have a heart attack. This looked TOO REAL!!! Screw you DeRamFan!!! Txramsfan, ARE YOU kidding me?!!!!!! Kurt is the heart and soul of this team, has been since the beginning.
    Last edited by Mr.Blond; -04-12-2002 at 01:15 AM.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Question wet in seattle

Hey Deramfan has it been raining a lot over on your side of the state????????????because you need to make like a duck and get the #$%* owta here with a story like that. Besides every one knows KURT WARNER can't be traded because its his job to hoist the LOMBARDI. SEE picture to the left. YEAH BABY---- its all good

Originally posted by Mr.Blond
    WHAT IS THIS S#*T? My heart's beating so fast i'm about to have a heart attack. This looked TOO REAL!!! Screw you DeRamFan!!! Txramsfan, ARE YOU kidding me?!!!!!! Kurt is the heart and soul of this team, has been since the beginning.
    Mr. Blond,

First of all, this was an April Fools Quote. All in fun.

Secondly, I know I am in the minority so badly here, I don't consider Kurt the heart and soul of this team. He is an important piece mind you, but not everything. It helps to have the best WR corp in the league, along with the best running back of recent years. Also, Warner dosen't get sacked that often for a pocket passer. He is deadly accurate, that is for sure. Right now in the NFL, I wouldn't take any other QB. He says himself though that he is just a piece of the pie.

This thread really could be taken to another level. The way the cap is structured now, the very possibility of losing a Warner, Faulk, Bruce, Wistrom...is very probable. A softer cap to keep a player who has stayed with a certain team a minimum of years (NBA) would keep core players intact with the teams that fans associate them with. Sorry Mr. Blond, did not mean to cause a heart attack. However, how teams handle the salary cap is just as important anymore as how the team performs on the field . Reality sometimes sucks dosen't it?
    Last edited by txramsfan; -04-12-2002 at 08:38 AM.

rams=nfl1 is offline Registered User
    Yeah i agree Txsramfan....its the Wideouts and Marshall that make this Offense.....many QB's could excell in this Offense
    THE WORLDS GREATEST- ST. LOUIS RAMS

WELCOME BACK MY FRIENDS TO THE SHOW THAT NEVER ENDS...

Mr.Blond Guest
    Kurt Warner for Prezident! Nuff said!

Tophu is offline Registered User

KW

:confused:
    I have been watching Kurt play since UNI. (I lived in Ames, kinda near Cedar Falls, at the time) and I think that everyone downgrades his skills too much. Is he the heart of the team? Hard call. He's in there.

You can be an average Wideout when the QB drops the ball into your hands. Don't get me wrong, I loved Az, but he's no Bruce and never will be. Wilkins was a solid trade up... (We need to remember to send a card to Indianapolis, they keep giving us their best stuff.) Above average wideouts look great with a great QB like Warner, and WR's like Bruce get guaranteed tickets to the Hall of Fame.

Marshall? I figure we should loan him to the US Army in Afghanistan to help out our troops, He could run point (Bullets bounce off of him, so he'd be really useful...)

Who's the heart of the team? There are four chambers in a heart. Williams is surely one, Warner is too, Faulk is there, but the best laid plans of mice and men never work unless there is the fourth... :rolleyes:

The Fans...