Thread: Kurt Warner!

Rams13 is offline Registered User

Kurt Warner!

Kurt Warner by far is my favorite Ram and favorite NFL Player. He has only started for 2 seasons now so he obviously doesn't have the stats of a Joe Montana or a John Elway yet, but he will get there. Just look what he did in Super Bowl XXXIV, throwing for 414 yards was the most by any QB in a Super Bowl. The main thing is Kurt Warner is the best QB off the field also, he has a great personality, he is kind and doesn't take for granted the success he has. He came from the Arena League to the Rams as just a backup qb, he had no idea he would become a starter when he did in 99. If you look at other qb's though it wasn't so smooth, remember John Elway refusing to go to the Colts because he demanded to play with the Broncos, yet everyone praises Elway like he was a God. Kurt Warner is the true class act QB we need to embrace, he symbolizes what a true athlete should be like.
    Last edited by Rams13; -07-28-2001 at 05:40 PM.

rampower is offline Registered User
    True. Now that we have such a good qb its easy to forget how good he is as a plyer and person. In a day and age when may are big heads and move every year or 2 for bigger pay cheques warner is a bright light, we are lucky to have him.

Yes Warner is the best, yet I still don't feel he gets the attention that the Steve Young's or the Dan Marino's recieved when they were playing. Now I understand that they played allot longer, but why can't the media expose a good class act guy for once. Young and Marino were good people but you get my point. It makes me so sick that everyone was all excited for John Elway to get his first ring, but I'll never forgett how allot of people only were dissapointed that Super Bowl XXXIV had the Rams and Titans instead of the Broncos and the Vikings. Yes Warner is still new to the league, but it's a great story and it's the story we should all be following. GO RAMS!

I think warner maybe won too quickly for their liking and the fact it was the rams who were winning rubbed everyone up the wrong way. People seem to think if you visibly struggle to become vicotrious like young over montana and the ghost he left, and elway and past superbowl failures, it makes you better. Warner was never seen to struggle in the limelight only in his past told in a story that may have been told too many times, but facts are facts he is a top qb no argument. People say "well look at he offense around him" well montana never had a bad one himself and remember last year when trent backed up? He scored plenty and is a good qb, had a top rating. But watch him play, he's no Warner, no one is he is so ice cool. The top qb.

I agree on your comments. And your right Montana had a pretty good offense around him back then. And there is no doubt in my mind that without Terrel Davis that John Elway would have retired without a ring. So Warner doesn't have any more then those guys did, the bottom line is he is just a great quarterback. And yes I believe most of America didn't take the Rams success to well because they had lost for so many years and also because of them leaving L.A. Yet I didn't hear to much discussion on the Ravens last year, last I remember they just packed up and left Cleveland and took the Browns away from those great fans.

MMMM. People quick forget that now! I still think Kurt was the only guy out there that could have picked holes in the ravens monster D.

Oh I agree! The entire Rams offense would have done well against the Ravens. Infact had the Raiders shown up in the AFC Title game the Ravens would not have even been there. The Giants had nothing offensively in Super Bowl 35 and their defense was awful. The Rams would have been a much better opponent. Everyone was upset the Rams made it though in Super Bowl 34 because of leaving L.A., well they should have been just as upset last year at the Ravens for leaving Cleveland. Yet I'm sure they would just throw at us that we left Cleveland before also ha ha We can't win with the critics, either way KW is the best and so are our rams.

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Really glad to see a player like Warner develop. Didn't play until his 5th year at Northern Iowa, and I can sense he has more to prove. He is lucky that Holt, Bruce, and Faulk is there, but someone has to give them the ball.

Is it me, or is anyone else ready for some football?

Never been more ready TX. For all this talk of the new defense, I just can't wait to see our offense give defensive co-ordinators some headaches, WHO YOU GONNA COVER?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Wink Underrated offense?...

Good point! Who and when to cover? Or, how?...

It is interesting and even ironic that so much has been said about and supplied via our new-and-improved defense; one might forget about the power punch and potential ready to pounce from the other side of the ball. Now that the preseason is down to its last game, many forget that there's a truly awesome offense in the NFL --some call it the greatest show on earth.

Ha! , wouldn't it be something to think that, because of all the attention given to the new D, the Rams offense would be considered as "underrated?" What a gang of reliable, stelar performers! Warner, Faulk, Bruce, Holt, Hakim, Canidate, Conwell, Pace, Timmerman, Robinson... (+ Martz), etc. X 3. Elements of which dynasties are made of in the NFL.

Rams have too many / too good players on offense for me to pick as favorite. Perhaps on a 'favorite of the week' basis.

All rite! COME ONNNNNN, LET'S GO RAMS!!!!!!!
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-30-2001 at 02:31 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Cool T-H-E BEST!

Waaait a minute! "Reliable?" ..."Stelar?" Yeah, right! :rolleyes: These are T-H-E BEST in the business! :cool: I stand corrected.

Go Rams!!!

Too true. How can you pick a favorite from these heroes?