Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Kurt Warner Interview on the Morning Grind (KFNS St. Louis)

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Kurt Warner Interview on the Morning Grind (KFNS St. Louis)

Good interview. I guess the question over which team was better 99 or 01 was pretty much answered, but one key point was that either of those teams could of wound up undefeated if not both! I still feel that although Martz has benefited with putting together GSOT he has watered down a could of been the best team in all of NFL history, which according to my opinion is.

Cry baby Vermeil should have stuck around.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Warner just seems to exude class, IMHO.

Granted one's opinion of Warner and how he represents himself and his views vary from person to person and not veryone will like him.

Everyone needs to be careful of their answers and opinions during an interview, especially Professional athletes. Warner sounds like he answers the questions honestly and from the heart.

Too bad Martz' protection schemes created what seemed to be an inordinate amount of abuse on hs QB's and may have contributed to injuries which may or may not have lessened what had appeared to be a potential HOF career.

Hopefully Bulger can continue to maintain a high caliber of play and earn a spot in Canton as another Ram HOFer.

RnD

GO RAMS!!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Kurt Warner is class and will always be a Ram favorite of mine.Pity he took so many hits that led to his downfall.Still he had one hell of a ride and an amazing 3 year period,that most pro-athletes will never experience..:l

Ramanator is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 81~BIG-GAME View Post
    Kurt Warner is class and will always be a Ram favorite of mine.Pity he took so many hits that led to his downfall.Still he had one hell of a ride and an amazing 3 year period,that most pro-athletes will never experience..:l
    Martz is a qb killer which is why I think the Lions draft a QB, thanks Mike, you are still a infested boil on the Rams hide. Kurt Warner should have been great for 7-10 years.

Warner Pride is offline Registered User

Although Martz did let his QB's out to dry, I think he was a huge part of Warner's success those couple of years. I remember watching America's Game on the NFL Network and hearing Dick Vermeil talking in his headset to Martz when the offense is close to their own goal line: "You want to call that play?!. Are you crazy?!". Martz was going for it all! Those 3 years were the most entertaining football i've watched in my life. Seing them walk down the field at will and seing the receivers running complex deep parterns... priceless.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Warner Pride View Post
    Although Martz did let his QB's out to dry, I think he was a huge part of Warner's success those couple of years. I remember watching America's Game on the NFL Network and hearing Dick Vermeil talking in his headset to Martz when the offense is close to their own goal line: "You want to call that play?!. Are you crazy?!". Martz was going for it all! Those 3 years were the most entertaining football i've watched in my life. Seing them walk down the field at will and seing the receivers running complex deep parterns... priceless.
    That was the most exciting football team we've ever had. Why? because it worked.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Dang, if Warner had stayed healthy...

I think the Arena Football League played a huge part in the NFL success, as he was able to read defenses lighting fast. The 1999 Rams are no doubt at team of destiny, as everything fell together at the perfect time. Warner, Vermeil changing coaching styles (not killing his players in practice), Faulk, Bruce, Holt, Hakim, and more.

RealRam is offline Registered User

The 1999 Rams are no doubt a team of destiny, as everything fell together at the perfect time. -- Keenum
    No doubt, Keenum! Trent Green, in a sad way, was also part of that rare set of high caliber events that came and went that year. The 1999 St. Louis Rams, with their awesome GSOT, were truly a unique happening in pro sports and MVP Warner was a meteorite Star, one whose season and SB XXXIV memory we'll acknowledge and admire forever.
    Last edited by RealRam; -02-16-2007 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Content

I look back on that era with excitement and sadness at the same time. Yes, STL finally won an NFL title, but that wasn't enough for that team. It had "a potential of winning 2 or 3 titles" written all over them. What might've been....

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    I look back on that era with excitement and sadness at the same time. Yes, STL finally won an NFL title, but that wasn't enough for that team. It had "a potential of winning 2 or 3 titles" written all over them. What might've been....

Th Rams actually won NFL Championships in 1945 and 1951 but SBXXXIV was their first SB Win!!

RnD

GO RAMS!! :l
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    Th Rams actually won NFL Championships in 1945 and 1951 but SBXXXIV was their first SB Win!!

RnD

GO RAMS!! :l
    I know, but I'm talking about the city. Before 1999, the NFL playoffs never existed in our minds...

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    I know, but I'm talking about the city. Before 1999, the NFL playoffs never existed in our minds...
    I'm sorry, I thought you were referring to the long and proud history of the Rams. I did not read into it that you were referring only to the city of Saint Louis as if the Rams only came into being when they won the Super Bowl.

As I mentioned previously the Rams won 2 NFC Championships as well as Super Bowl XXXIV, 3 NFC CHampionships, the NFL Western Conference 5 times, the NFL Coastal Division Championship twice, the NFC Western Division Championship 11 times, and an All-time record of 517-465-20.

So as a long time follower of the Rams I have no dificulty remembering that the team whick began in Cleveland has a history which began long before they filled the void in Saint Louis created when the Cardinals Football team left for Phoenix, Ar.

RnD

GO RAMS!!:l
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Tell you what, would love to have seen that 78-79 team play the 1999-2000 team.

What a game that would have been

No problem, ramsandodgers. I'm too young to remember the Big Red. They left when I was 5, after that I was (and still am) a fan of the NFL. I'm aware of the proud history of the Rams. I also remembering watching Willie "Flipper" Anderson score a TD and run straight through the tunnel at Giants Stadium. Although I must admit, if STL didn't have an NFL team by the mid-to late 90's, I would've become a Giants fan. The first SB I remember watching was XXI, and it had one of my favorite and most feared players in the game at the time, LT... I kind of liked them since then, but I'm glad I'm a Rams fan...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast