throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Re: Kurt Warner Interview on the Morning Grind (KFNS St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    No problem, ramsandodgers. I'm too young to remember the Big Red. They left when I was 5, after that I was (and still am) a fan of the NFL. I'm aware of the proud history of the Rams. I also remembering watching Willie "Flipper" Anderson score a TD and run straight through the tunnel at Giants Stadium. Although I must admit, if STL didn't have an NFL team by the mid-to late 90's, I would've become a Giants fan. The first SB I remember watching was XXI, and it had one of my favorite and most feared players in the game at the time, LT... I kind of liked them since then, but I'm glad I'm a Rams fan...
    and you made a good choice in holding out and choosing the Rams

This is a good site to exchange barbs (in ggod taste, of course) and meet fellow fans. Thanks for joining in

RnD

GO RAMS!!:l

RnD

GO RAMS!!

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

You're welcome, ramsanddodgers.

theodus69 Guest

Warner and Vermiel, 2 class acts that Should have stayed longer!

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Warner and Vermiel, 2 class acts that Should have stayed longer!
    Indeed, Indeed.

But then Bulgerites may take exception?

I think Warner may have had another run or 2 at the SuperBowl if not for Martz' lack of protection schemes but then part of that is what got the Rams to the SB is it not?

We all know how a winning team tends to lose some of it's better players to free agency as they grab for the cash while they can so it is hard to say if a tean can stay on top for an extended period of time in this era. The Pats seem to be an argument to the other side though. :x

RnD

RnD

GO RAMS!!

theodus69 Guest

you gotta put oil in the engine, Unless you are a women.............Oh yeah, we got a woman owner. That's gonna get me a lashing ,I'm sure of it!!!!!

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Indeed, Indeed.

But then Bulgerites may take exception?
    If Warner had stayed healthy and Vermeil was still the coach why would anyone have an argument that Warner should have been replaced? I decided Bulger was right for the job because Warner has shown time and time again that he cannot grip the ball anymore when hit.

theodus69 Guest

If your a boxer and your right arm doesn't work , you quit! But when your corner guys go for beers in the middle of your fight, Well that's a different story! In other words if his line had been there for him , then so would he! That line at that point stunk pretty bad! Specially the 1st 4 games of his last season in STL. And the lines got worse from the Giants to the Cards!

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

If your a boxer and your right arm doesn't work , you quit! But when your corner guys go for beers in the middle of your fight, Well that's a different story! In other words if his line had been there for him , then so would he! That line at that point stunk pretty bad! Specially the 1st 4 games of his last season in STL. And the lines got worse from the Giants to the Cards!
    I would agree with you that it is hard to be productive when facing that extreme pressure but too fumble as many times as he did when hit? Cmon man face the truth he was not the QB Bulger was at the time of his release and his skills have diminished even further as time went on. I love the guy, and he was one of the best passers I have ever seen period but he had injuries that are hard for a QB to get over. You break bones on your throwing hand and a thumb after 30 and your time in the NFL is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    I would agree with you that it is hard to be productive when facing that extreme pressure but too fumble as many times as he did when hit? Cmon man face the truth he was not the QB Bulger was at the time of his release and his skills have diminished even further as time went on. I love the guy, and he was one of the best passers I have ever seen period but he had injuries that are hard for a QB to get over. You break bones on your throwing hand and a thumb after 30 and your time in the NFL is numbered.

I am currently reading "All Things Possible" in which Warner states that he broke his thumb while playing for the Rams in Amsterdam. http://product.half.ebay.com/All-Thi...foQQprZ1761801

Very good book, IMHO.

RnD

RnD

GO RAMS!!

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    I am currently reading "All Things Possible" in which Warner states that he broke his thumb while playing for the Rams in Amsterdam. http://product.half.ebay.com/All-Thi...foQQprZ1761801

Very good book, IMHO.

RnD

It's a good read,KW had great strength of character to believe in himself to get a shot at the NFL when many others would have given up.Great player and a great individual..:l

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

I am currently reading "All Things Possible" in which Warner states that he broke his thumb while playing for the Rams in Amsterdam.
    originally posted by me:
    You break bones on your throwing hand and a thumb after 30 and your time in the NFL is numbered.

Yeah and he was one under 30 and two he did not have bones on the same hand broken. Whatever I am so sick of this crap. Kurt Warner is probably the greatest story I have ever heard about in the NFL. He changed this teams MO and made them relevant again. He got injured and was not the player he used to be and got released for a QB that was and still is playing at an extremely high level. It sucks that this stuff happens but it is a physical sport and we have all seen it many times. Somebody else brought up the Bulgerite crap so now you guys can deal with the can of worms you opened. Actually if anyone could deal with the original can we would not be having this conversation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12