Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The Kyle Turley project?

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    I know we tend to place the players up on pedestals and make them into role models, but the truth is they are human with flaws, just like the rest of us.
    Well said, Utter.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

I"m not going to pass judgement on anyone.

However, as a Ram fan I much rather have players who are players I can be proud to call a Ram such as Bruce, Holt, or players on others teams like Ellway, Marino, Montana...and so on.

Sure Leonard is a great DE and maybe a great person who made a big mistake and I believe everyone deserves a 2nd chance..... For every Little, R. Lewis, and the guy from Carolina WR???forgot his name the league is full of quite leaders and role models like Tiddle....

In sum, I think it does make a difference to a team. What is more important the talent or the team.... Players who have good work ethics, family values, morals, and the ability to make good decisions are players I want on my team. I would much rather have guys with a little less talent but who are hard working, law abiding, family and community men who can evaluate risk versus reward on my team. I guarantee they will kick the snot out of guys like

Owens
    Moss
    Carruth??
    Lewis
    hate to do it Little
    Taylor

Give me guys like
    Holt
    Bruce
    Arrington
    Urlacher
    Reggie White

moklerman is offline Registered User

This is un-acceptable because it directly and intentionally hurt the team.
    If you could give an example I would appreciate it. I'm not making the connection of how Turley's off the field actions were inherently worse than Little's off the field actions.
    Sorry, Moklerman....that came across a little heavy-handed.
    Don't apologize. Please don't. I'm all for passionate opinions and arguments. You're just used to others on the board who consider it ranting if you try and explain yourself.
    Do you really believe that it is the fans place to judge Little on his personal life?
    It is my place to judge him for my opinion. In Little's case, he's doing questionable things in public so I think he's opening himself to public opinion.
    I think it is odd, that you want to judge these two on their personal lives and not on their football contributions.
    I don't want to judge them on their personal lives at all. I wish neither of them had ever done anything notorius in that area. I just think that there is a double standard going on with these two. A lot of Rams fans are ready to get rid of Turley because of off the field issues. They're ready to welcome Little back in spite of off the field issues. Questioning Turley's potential to come back from his back injury is something that I also have concerns about but that is a far cry from the popular "ship his ass out" mentality. He's outspoken and opinionated but he's also a 4 time pro bowler. Why wouldn't Rams fans want to give him a chance to reclaim his form?
    By the way - if Kyle Turley was currently in shape,
    Again, it seems he's not being given the opportunity to come back. He's not in shape yet so get rid of him.
    So, which one should I want back as a Ram and which one should I want to be sent on his way?
    Shouldn't you support both of them?
    as a Ram fan I much rather have players who are players I can be proud to call a Ram
    What more can be said? I've had this argument before too. If the Rams had Moss, Romanowski, Carruth, Leaf, Phillips, etc. but were winning that would be fine for some fans. I disagree.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I guess you missed it when Turley went on national television and proclaimed Mike Martz the worst coach in the league. That's really beneficial to the team, isn't it?

Turley is done.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    He's outspoken and opinionated but he's also a 4 time pro bowler.
    I'd really like to know where you're validating your information on players being in the Pro Bowl - first Herring, now Turley.

According to the Rams' official bio of Turley and ProFootball-Reference.com's Pro Bowl rosters, Turley has never once been elected to the Pro Bowl.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Words man, just words. Martz basically said Sehorn was the worst safety in the game or corner, whatever , then he brings on board. That is O.K. because Martz said it? Little got off so he can contribute and if Turley is Healthy, just cause Martz don't like him doesn't mean he can't contribute! He's the Fire and lord knows this team could use some!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Look, a football team is a business, and you have to do a cost/benefit analysis with each player.

Little:

Cost: Shoddy reputation in community; Spectre of serious penalty if ever found guilty of DUI.

Benefits: One of the NFL's leading sackers over the last 5 years; 2003 Pro Bowl Player; Tough player who plays through injuries; Well liked by teammates; in prime of career; signed long term to a reasonable deal.

Conclusion: Keeper.

Turley:

Cost: Openly criticizes and ridicules head coach; out-of-shape and physically hindered to the point where he may never be able to play RT again for any team.

Benefits: A solid, though not spectacular, RT, when healthy.

Conclusion: Cut him.

Any questions?

tim
    tim is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    Words man, just words. Martz basically said Sehorn was the worst safety in the game or corner, whatever , then he brings on board. That is O.K. because Martz said it? Little got off so he can contribute and if Turley is Healthy, just cause Martz don't like him doesn't mean he can't contribute! He's the Fire and lord knows this team could use some!
    key difference is Sehorn and Martz resolved their differences. Turley has clearly said he refuses to resolve their issues, and that they should just stay clear of one another.

Tim

moklerman is offline Registered User

I'd really like to know where you're validating your information on players being in the Pro Bowl - first Herring, now Turley.
    Here's a link to the article:
    http://www.playermagonline.com/theplayers/turley.asp
    I was looking for his 40 times so I didn't verify the pro bowls through any other sources. Let me know if you find out the right number.

To be honest, I'm going to assume the right number is zero, as I trust ProFootball-Reference.com over PlayerMagOnline.com for football information. If I find something different though, I'll pass it along.

general counsel Guest

Lets also remember that by cutting turley we save 3.65 million cap dollars. Does anyone think turley can possibly be worth 3.65 million cap dollars this year?

general counsel

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

If we have to keep him let him earn his way back on special teams.:bored:
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Scidog68
    Exactly. These are guys who play football. I don't want to be their buddy. I don't want to be their friend. I don't wish to pass moral judgement upon them. I want them to play the best G/D football they can for my team. Outside of football, if they break a law, punish them. Move on. Play ball. But if they hurt the team, they're gone. Sorry, Mok. In this instance, bad judgement was not a crime and Little was acquitted. Had he been convicted, he would have been replaced and the team would have moved on. Kyle Turley, on the other hand, pointed his moral and ethical turd cannon at the team. This is un-acceptable because it directly and intentionally hurt the team.
    On this board, ClanRam, the team is everything. The Rams. A condemnation of humanity, or LL's piece of it, while probably justified, belongs elsewhere.
    This seems a little selfish to a point doesn't it? I'm not sure on how to take some of you here!
    As long as a player plays balls out for the Rams "it's okay that they can do just about anything they want" . Is that how i'm percieving this?
    I don't agree with what both Turley and Little have done off field and surely should not judge either one! But, i have no problems with Turley calling out his coach on things! Mad Mike has changed his tune on what happened with him and Kyle! Besides how many of us have told off someone with authority before???????? That's what i thought!
    I was never real crazy about the signing of KT in the first place but, let's be fair with everyone here!.....................If Kyle gains his or earns his starting position back i say good for him!
    Back problems are hard to overcome! If he was as bad as he says he was (hurt) I might of done the same thing!.........Why come back to early from an injury just to help make the playoffs?.............and ruin your career or maybe even take a chance on being maimed the rest of your life!

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Angry Re: The Kyle Turley project?

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    This seems a little selfish to a point doesn't it? I'm not sure on how to take some of you here!
    As long as a player plays balls out for the Rams "it's okay that they can do just about anything they want" . Is that how i'm percieving this?
    I don't agree with what both Turley and Little have done off field and surely should not judge either one! But, i have no problems with Turley calling out his coach on things! Mad Mike has changed his tune on what happened with him and Kyle! Besides how many of us have told off someone with authority before???????? That's what i thought!
    I was never real crazy about the signing of KT in the first place but, let's be fair with everyone here!.....................If Kyle gains his or earns his starting position back i say good for him!
    Back problems are hard to overcome! If he was as bad as he says he was (hurt) I might of done the same thing!.........Why come back to early from an injury just to help make the playoffs?.............and ruin your career or maybe even take a chance on being maimed the rest of your life!
    Oh poor Kyle! I'm sick of all the debate! Feel however you want, just don't bull**** me that I'm wrong for feeling differently! And for the love of God, Leonard was ACQUITTED!! So....in the eyes of the Law, he is innocent. Don't climb onto your moral high-horse and call me selfish for wanting a positive, contributing team-mate on OUR team! I can't and won't judge anyone on our team by any standard other than how they play and affect our team. If he was found guilty then lock him up. I don't condone or advocate drinking and driving. But, I'm not going to condemn him for what he sorta' did. Half the people on this board disagree with the other half. Let it go. Little will play for us... Turley will not.

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics.....Even if you win, you're still "Special".

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Scidog......we need to watch who throws that stone my friend. #1 Like you have never done anything stupid like driving while drinking or maybe jumped a friends or bosses ass?.......I for 1 have and that it what i was saying! .Like i said also i never was a supporting fan for signing Kyle but, he seems not to take any **** from people!.............I don't believe that i totally was pointing at you when i replied even though i Quoted you!................You have your beliefs and i have mine ,just dont go there with that moral high horse s**t either Maybe if some more of us had a little more morals we might get a long a little better here! and that does also include me! After all we are Rams fans!....................Nothing personnal just got my blood a boiling there for a minute

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast