Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    netminder is offline Registered User

Re: L.A. Doesn't Deserve A Team

Who cares if we get a football team in a L.A because most of us on this board won't be able to afford to go. The Nfl dosn't want a team because everytime a stadium issue comes up they threaten to move to L.A and the city there in ends up buiding them a new satdium. And for you diehard fans real football was ment to play on natural grass not that turf you have in st. louis

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

If it isn't the Rams, deserved or not, I don't want any other team here.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by VenturaFwy View Post
    1983: 38,702
    1984: 46,519
    1985: 40,669
    1986: 35,548
    1987: 27,821

As for your point, sorry I missed it. It sure sounded like typical LA hate.
    I question ED's slam against LA, because his premise appears to be false..........and that sounds like "typical LA hate"?

You may have missed my point, but at least this time the quote you ascribe to me was a quote I actually said. I guess that's an improvement for you.

And Kudos to St. Louis. Assuming those mid 80's numbers to be correct, that town has really turned it around. Only in '08 has attendence fallen below 60k. Good job St.L.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

VenturaFwy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I question ED's slam against LA, because his premise appears to be false..........and that sounds like "typical LA hate"?

You may have missed my point, but at least this time the quote you ascribe to me was a quote I actually said. I guess that's an improvement for you.

And Kudos to St. Louis. Assuming those mid 80's numbers to be correct, that town has really turned it around. Only in '08 has attendence fallen below 60k. Good job St.L.
    Perhaps you need to sharpen your writing skills as I wasn't the only one misled by your comment "But the Rams were winning when Dickerson was there." This was in response to someone stating attendance wanes in lean years when in this case it didn't. So how are you defending LA? I sure hope you aren't an attonery.

Perhaps you need to sharpen your writing skills as I wasn't the only one misled by your comment "But the Rams were winning when Dickerson was there." This was in response to someone stating attendance wanes in lean years when in this case it didn't. So how are you defending LA? I sure hope you aren't an attonery.
    Personal rancor isn't going to further this thread. So how's about we just stick to the original point, hmm?

And I know you're new around here, so as a point of education, it is generally more appropriate to seek clarification to a point you don't understand than rather to jump to a conclusion and take shots at the poster (or in who you think was the poster). So now you know, and we'll move forward.
    Last edited by HUbison; -06-24-2009 at 09:35 AM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

VenturaFwy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Personal rancor isn't going to further this thread. So how's about we just stick to the original point, hmm?

And I know you're new around here, so as a point of education, it is generally more appropriate to seek clarification to a point you don't understand than rather to jump to a conclusion and take shots at the poster (or in who you think was the poster). So now you know, and we'll move forward.
    Actually I did stick to this and your tone is pretty condescending. Your snide comment about how I correctly quoted you and it was an "improvement" was nice little barb, don't ya think? And, again, another poster was also misled by your "But the Rams were winning when Dickerson was there" post. (I am still trying to figure out your point about Dickerson. The fans weren't leaving. They averaged well over 50K during his tenure in LA) So don't take shots at me for jumping to that conclusion, something you did when you doubted my post about the attendance during the last four years the Cards were in St. Louis.

Are you ready to admit you weren't clear and you were wrong about the attendance? I already admitted I incorrectly responded to you instead of someone else.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Return the Rams to LA, I don't care if they deserve them or not. What the hell does ED know? Maybe if he woulda helped the team win a few Lombardi trophies, we wouldn't be having this conversation of we do deserve them we don't , blah blah. Winning cures all, we didn't win anything (referring to championships) because of one team, namely the *****, that's the bottom line.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Which, by the way, because they shut the "door" on us, most of the time, I hate them even more.

Actually I did stick to this and your tone is pretty condescending. Your snide comment about how I correctly quoted you and it was an "improvement" was nice little barb, don't ya think? And, again, another poster was also misled by your "But the Rams were winning when Dickerson was there" post. (I am still trying to figure out your point about Dickerson. The fans weren't leaving. They averaged well over 50K during his tenure in LA) So don't take shots at me for jumping to that conclusion, something you did when you doubted my post about the attendance during the last four years the Cards were in St. Louis.

Are you ready to admit you weren't clear and you were wrong about the attendance? I already admitted I incorrectly responded to you instead of someone else.
    If it will make you feel better, I will explain it point by point. First on the list....
    Your snide comment about how I correctly quoted you and it was an "improvement" was nice little barb, don't ya think?
    Not particularly, no, as there was nothing snide about it. The first time you jumped up at me was for something I didn't even say. This time you at least jumped up at me for words that I did say. That's an improvement.
    And, again, another poster was also misled by your "But the Rams were winning when Dickerson was there" post.
    And you don't see a difference in how the two of you responded to your misreading?
    I am still trying to figure out your point about Dickerson. The fans weren't leaving. They averaged well over 50K during his tenure in LA
    So you do understand my point. It's quite simple.....the Rams were winning when ED was there.......winning=attendance..........so what is ED complaining about? Believe it or not, my friend, but you just restated my exact point.
    So don't take shots at me for jumping to that conclusion, something you did when you doubted my post about the attendance during the last four years the Cards were in St. Louis.
    Show me where I doubted your numbers. The only thing I've said about your numbers is "assuming they are correct". Which, without a source, is what everyone will have to do.
    Are you ready to admit you weren't clear and you were wrong about the attendance?
    You have made it abundantely clear that you did not comprehend what I wrote. Therefore, to you, yes I was unclear. However, nowhere will you find me being wrong about any statement on attendance. Go ahead and look; I'll wait here.

I'll now reiterate my point before all this backtracking.........the Rams were winning when ED was there. Why in the world is he complaining? He was fully entrenched in Indy before the attendance numbers slide was in full swing. How could he know, firsthand, what was or was not going on with the Rams fans during that time?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12