HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

LA fans: what if?

I had an embarassing epiphany this past weekend........no St. Louis or LA based Rams fan has any room to complain about the team's geography. Not since my semester in London have I been in a room with so many British accents than at the Bash. These people cross a freakin' ocean to see the Rams! A freakin' ocean!

So with this newly acquired perspective, I would like to open for discussion some possible scenarios for our friends in the Los Angeles area, and those who identify themselves as "LA" fans.

Please share your thoughts, both good and bad, on these potential outcomes. Here's the scenarios:

Scenario 1. Wealthy St. Louis businessman, Archy McBeermaker purchases the team from Chip and swears on his children that the team will forever be in St. Louis, and he flips off LA. Archy then announces Scott Pioli is the team's new GM, and Bill Cowher is the new head coach.

Scenario 2. Same as scenario 1, but the NFL follows with an announcement that next year, LA will receive an existing team.

Scenario 3. Same as scenario 2, but the team will be an expansion team, not existing.

Scenario 4. In an attempt to raise funds, Chip sells to wealthy LA businessman, Slick McCheesy the "organization", but holds ownership over the color, name, and logo. That is to say, the colors, name, and logo remain in St. Louis, but the players and staff go to LA to become the LA "pick your name"s.

Scenario 5. Same as scenario 4, but in reverse. That is to say, Slick purchases the colors, name and logo from Chip.

Scenario 6. Slick buys the team and moves them to LA......with Jay Zygmunt as Team President having full control.

There you go, my Cali friends...............thoughts?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: LA fans: what if?

There you go, my Cali friends...............thoughts?
    Okay, I'll bite...

no St. Louis or LA based Rams fan has any room to complain about the team's geography. Not since my semester in London have I been in a room with so many British accents than at the Bash. These people cross a freakin' ocean to see the Rams! A freakin' ocean!
    If the game and bash were being held in England, I'd consider going. But Missouri?
    Scenario 1. Wealthy St. Louis businessman, Archy McBeermaker purchases the team from Chip and swears on his children that the team will forever be in St. Louis, and he flips off LA. Archy then announces Scott Pioli is the team's new GM, and Bill Cowher is the new head coach.
    Like the new GM and head coach, and I'd be pleased with that scenario, St. Louis or not. But would that than mean that the team, owned by McBeermaker get bought out by a new owner in Belgium?

Scenario 2. Same as scenario 1, but the NFL follows with an announcement that next year, LA will receive an existing team.
    Great, but it depends on which team comes to LA. I'd be happy with the Chargers being here, (OC, not LA though). If it's the Raiders. ...I'll move.

Scenario 3. Same as scenario 2, but the team will be an expansion team, not existing.
    I can't see this happening at all. League is way too watered down now.

Scenario 4. In an attempt to raise funds, Chip sells to wealthy LA businessman, Slick McCheesy the "organization", but holds ownership over the color, name, and logo. That is to say, the colors, name, and logo remain in St. Louis, but the players and staff go to LA to become the LA "pick your name"s.
    No thank you. I don't want the current Rams FO and players here. Worst scenario of the bunch.

Scenario 5. Same as scenario 4, but in reverse. That is to say, Slick purchases the colors, name and logo from Chip.
    Love this one. It's what should have happened when Georgia moved them out of LA/OC.

Scenario 6. Slick buys the team and moves them to LA......with Jay Zygmunt as Team President having full control.
    Uh, okay, I could live with this. Because Ziggy won't live forever.

...I found it interesting that you created the name; "Slick McCheesy" for an LA based owner.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

...I found it interesting that you created the name; "Slick McCheesy" for an LA based owner.
    Yea, I don't know........Archy McBeermaker was pretty easy, but I was having a hard time with the LA counterpart. I couldn't get the Drew Rosenhaus type character out of my mind (yes, I'm fully aware he's actually in Miami, not Cali) so I just went with it. Not my most shining invention, but it's all I had at the time.

And thanks for playing along!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rampower is offline Registered User

I really like where you going here with these threads.

Is it more important that the rams are in your city, or that they are a good team?

Would having another team in your city affect your plight?

As somebody who is not bound by geography it has to be what is best for the team. I wouldn't mind a city with a direct flight though!!

Even though the experience wasn't entirely positive I think the rams should clean out shop and try to get their team to succeed here. Moving the team starts them from zip again. It may take a few years and a better product, maybe even a move to a new stadium away from downtown? Hell I dont know, I just want it to work.

If STL got a new team and the rams left, I would leave with them, I am a rams fan. I would find it hard if the rights to the rams remained in STL and we had to wait for an expansion team. It would be weird without rams football. (hell I feel for oilers fans!!!)

I want the rams to have a home.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

atcchris is offline Registered User

I also would go with 5 or 6. I think the Rams belong in LA, even though they would be further away from me than St. Louis.

Maybe they could move to Oklahoma like the Sonics did!?! <ducking>

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Thanks HUbison for giving us West Coasters a shot at this as well. For the record though, I feel that since my LA Rams chose to leave California, I consider myself a St. Louis Rams fan at this point

My choices are in the following order:

5, 1, 6, 3, 2

"The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

bigredman is offline Registered User

I take scenerio #1, although I wouldn't mind the Rams being moved to Las Vegas.

I don't get the other choices insofar that the team is moved to LA but the name, logo and colors stay in St. Louis...in my world the name, logo, and colors is the Rams!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

If nothing changes on the field and in the front office for this team in the very near future, those of you in St. Louis and the surrounding areas are welcomed to keep them right where they are for the time being.

They'll still be my team, but I'd just assume loving them from afar under the present circumstances. I have absolutely no desire to relive the Jim "don't call me Chriss" Everett days all over again.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Back to LA, #6 and then Fire Zygmunt

sig51 is offline Registered User

Not being from USA, I don't care where the rams play as long as they get support from the people who are there. I always assumed that the Midwest was more football orientated than the west coast which was all about Hollywood and Basketball and that crap. Now I may be using stereotypes, but there has to be a reason why the second biggest market hasn't had a pro team in 13 years.

Now I am certainly not saying that there aren't fans in LA, because we all know there are. But with 3 Teams already in California can it support a fourth?

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    If it's the Raiders. ...I'll move.
    I'm right behind you! Raiders back in LA reminds me of that scene in Gremlins, where the evil gremlins were going crazy in the theater! Now is that civilized?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LA fans:  what if?-gremlins.jpg  
    Last edited by LA Rammer; -09-19-2008 at 02:03 AM.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    Back to LA, #6 and then Fire Zygmunt
    Ah, ah......that's changing the rules of the game.

If you pick #6, King Zygmunt is part of the package.

Now, do you still want #6?

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by atcchris View Post
    I also would go with 5 or 6. I think the Rams belong in LA, even though they would be further away from me than St. Louis.

Maybe they could move to Oklahoma like the Sonics did!?! <ducking>

I was upset when they left LA-- and as such Id love to see them back in LA.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I became a football fan and Rams fan in 1995 when they were the St. Louis Rams. Id like to see them stay there, but if they moved back to L.A. theyd still be my team, but it would still suck with Ziggy in the mix. No matter where they go i'd still root for them.

So my choice would be #1. new ownership, an overhall of personal, new HC of Bill Cowher would be freakin sweet. For me, #1 definatly.