Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The LA Ram Fan

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The LA Ram Fan

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    HUbison, she held up the Super Bowl trophy and said something to the effect of, "This is for the Ram fans in ST. LOUIS!" Absolutely nothing against Ram fans in St. Louis, but I'm sure I was not the only longtime suffering Ram fan who was taken aback by the statement.
    Wow, I could see where that would be very offensive. As a Ram fan from St. Louis, I guess I didn't give it much thought at the time. You're right, that's pretty bad. Man, now I'm getting a little perturbed. She shouldn't have said that. She may have left LA, but she needs to realize some of those fans (the best of which are on this board) came with the team. Man, her statement is just wrong.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Oh please, come on. The team name at that moment was ST. LOUIS, not L.A. She was all into the moment. What she supposed to say...."This is for all the Cleveland, L.A., Anaheim and St. Louis Rams fans? No. The St. Louis fans sell out the Dome. The St. Louis fans buy the concessions. The St. Louis fans deserved what she said.

This is just correctness run amuck. Guess you didn't like what Arnold said either.....

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Oh please, come on. The team name at that moment was ST. LOUIS, not L.A. She was all into the moment. What she supposed to say...."This is for all the Cleveland, L.A., Anaheim and St. Louis Rams fans? No. The St. Louis fans sell out the Dome. The St. Louis fans buy the concessions. The St. Louis fans deserved what she said.
    Was this necessary??

No, but no more than the California contingent whining about not being recognized on the Super Bowl podium.

I was thinking more in terms of all Ram fans not being recognized at the podium, not just LA Ram fans. I invite you to go back and check all the posts I made in this thread and you'll see I made it a point not to differentiate between any Ram fans based on geography because that would not be right.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Who cares, the "RAMS" won the Super Bowl and we all got to see it in our lifetime. That is something that I thought I would never see.
    Sprtsmac :football:

Who cares, the "RAMS" won the Super Bowl and we all got to see it in our lifetime. That is something that I thought I would never see.
    I care in the context of the discussion, but your right, it's certainly not that big of a deal. Even a bitter Georgia couldn't take away the elation I felt on that day. A great day for Ram fans everywhere.

mike, you sound a heck of a lot more bitter than Georgia.....

You think so Tx? Maybe disappointed, maybe miffed, not quite bitter. LOL

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

First and foremost I think we have all decided that we are RAMS fans. Not LA Rams Fans, St. Louis Rams fans or even Cleveland Rams fans but RAMS Fans. Period. If you are stuck in some geographical mind lock as far as LA, then I feel sorry for you because your living in the past.

Secondly, yes Georgia did say that the win was for the St. Louis fans. No big deal. LA didn't love her and she didn't love us. The fans didn't stick around for the lean times and they gave her a real bad time, whether she killed her husband or not, whether she unjustly fired Steve or not and whether or not she even knew jack about football, there was no love for her here. Besides, LA fans are too whimsical in general and if your not winning, were not going. Also St. Louis gave her a quarter of a billion dollars to move her team, what person in their right mind would turn that down when both LA and Anaheim basically told her to take a hike. And let me tell you neither stadium at the time was a palace.

Third, what counted was that Ike said that this was for the LA fans and for the LA players like Jerome Bettis as well, and that meant more to me than anything. I have thanked him in San Diego, Arizona and Seattle for that ring and he has nodded back to me each time.

Finally, I love em all from Deacon, Jack, Vince, Eric, Jackie, Flipper, Henry, Clevland, Jim, Jerome, Ike, London, Torry, Ricky, Kurt, Marshall, Orlando, Grant, Az, and even Marc. I thought about this tonight in fact before I even logged on.

If I were to wake up from a coma after many years, I wouldn't say "Where's my wife and kid?, how did I get here? or what changed while I was gone?", no I would grab the nurse or docter gently by the neck, draw them in close to me and say "How's my Rams doing, huh?".

City, I don't need no stinking city! I need 11 guys in blue and gold giving it their all, sticking to the maroon and gold, jamming their jaws down their throats, stepping on their necks, and gennerally ruining their day on a regular basis and looking good while they do it. That's what I need!

First game in three weeks, I'M READY.....ggggrrrrgghhhhh!!!

I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan

This is just correctness run amuck. Guess you didn't like what Arnold said either.....
    It's just disrespectful, that's all. Why single out any city. Couldn't she just have said it's for the Ram fans and left it at that? It's not like this is an expansion team, they have a past. It's just my opinion, and I'm not pushing it on anyone else, but I think her comment was disrespectful.

And no this has nothing to do with correctness & no I don't have a problem with what Arnold had to say. Maybe the state legislature are girley-men, who am I to say?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I didn't hear Baltimore acknowledging Cleveland when they won the Super Bowl. She knows where the butter is for the bread. It's St. Louis.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

I thought he was referring to Louisiana Rams Fans in his drivel.

From another suffering Scottish American in the oppressive humidity in the City of the Big Easy (New Orleans, with the age old smells!) :tongue:

LOL

FLO (originally from S. Cali)
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

I didn't hear Baltimore acknowledging Cleveland when they won the Super Bowl. She knows where the butter is for the bread. It's St. Louis.
    I could be wrong, but I don't remember anyone from the Ravens say "this is for the fans in BALTIMORE!". Everyone knows the Rams are from St. Louis and the Ravens are from Baltimore, so why in the world would anyone, let alone an owner have to emphasize that point?? I can't imagine it would be to put more butter on the bread. If she was using that moment to try and sell more season tickets or merchandise, something is seriously wrong.

In all honesty, at the instance I heard Georgia's imfamous comment, I laughed, as did everybody I was watching the game with (all rooted against the Rams by the way, now that was being bitter!). I though it was a slam then, and I still do today, but it's never going to make me bitter. Believe me, if I was bitter, I would no longer be a Ram fan.

My problem is I don't know when to give up on a debate and my good friend Tx knows it! You bated me Tx!!!! My apologies to everyone for adding fuel to this fire. We can have disagreements about the team owner, but we all still love the team, and that's what counts. All Ram fans are a community of ONE.

:tongue:

:redface:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast