RamWraith is offline Registered User

Lack of pressure

One thing that does concern me is the lack of push again this season up front.

The last couple of games against VERY beat up lines our front four is not getting it done at all. If we rush 4 there is nothing. Little has been the only consistent performer on the line. The only time it seems that we get pressure is sending a blitz, and let me tell you that has burned us a lot this season. I am not sure what the deal is. I think we have enough talent. Don't we? What are we missing?

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: Lack of pressure

Wraith, I am not so sure. I saw a lot of push up the middle yesterday. A lot of "in your face", but just short of getting the sack. I just think they were doing max protact to give Kitna time to "just" get the ball off.

Maybe it was just me, but that is what I saw.
    This space for rent...

denverram is offline Registered User

I do not know how popular this will be. But it looks to me like we miss Hargrove.

Scott needs to take him out of "Time-Out" and our best on the field.

Free Tony!!!!!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

hargrove is a good defensive end that we will need this year to help our pass rush... victor will be a solid player but you cannot count on a rookie...

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    Wraith, I am not so sure. I saw a lot of push up the middle yesterday. A lot of "in your face", but just short of getting the sack. I just think they were doing max protact to give Kitna time to "just" get the ball off.

Maybe it was just me, but that is what I saw.
    I have to go with Wraith on this. When we were in 4-3 alignment, seldom was there any pressure -- Kitna looked like he had all day on too many plays. When we blitzed often as not the Lions did a good job picking it up and burned us good. I was disappointed that Wroten was not active as his quickness might have been utilized ... however I am just grasping at straws I guess. In the 4-3 if the O-line puts two on Jimmy that leaves 3 on three except for a chip by ends or rbs. We just couldn't get there with our front 4. It is also worth mentioning that Bulger appeared to have less time set up and throw than Kitna when we had the ball. I didn't have the luxury of being able to record the game, so these observations are based on gut reactions during the live game... Maybe if I could see a replay of the game it would things might appear different ... I dunno ...

maineram is offline Registered User

Kitna had A LOT of time to throw for most of the game. I did see Hargrove in there for quite a few plays with the same result. That much time for any QB and it doesn't matter who we have playing in the secondary. They can't stay with a wideout for 6-7 seconds. Blitzes weren't getting to Kitna either and we paid for that too. Little started out hot but they cooled him down for most of the game also.

Haslett has his work cut out for him. Thank-God we are creating turnovers. Maybe it will take a while for the D-line to pick up the new system.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !