MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Larry Johnson not an option for Rams ..

BY JIM THOMAS | Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 1:47 pm

Despite indications Sunday night that the St. Louis Rams were at least considering running back Larry Johnson, league sources said Monday afternoon that no longer is the case.

In other words, Johnson is not an option for the Rams at running back.

Even with some effective work by backups Kenneth Darby and Keith Toston against Washington on Sunday, concerns heightened over the team's backfield situation following a groin injury to Steven Jackson late in the first half.

The injury is believed to be just a strain, but Jackson's status remains uncertain for Sunday's game with Seattle.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: Larry Johnson not an option for Rams ..

JMO but Johnson is a bad attitude looking to collect a paycheck. When the Rams were horrible in the 90's, they had a bunch of those guys. Win or lose, they don't care because they are being paid. This team doesn't need to go back to those ways and I'm glad they aren't pursuing LJ.

As examples the Rams had Eric Hill, Ryan McNeil, Dwayne White, Leslie O'Neal and Robert Jones. Those guys didn't care win or lose.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

I'm glad they're not going after Johnson, there's a reason the Bengals and Skins let him walk, he doesn't have anything left in the tank! If your looking for a bandaid to put on the situation until Jax get healthy then there's no sense in bringing in another back when Darby could shoulder the load for one week, and if your looking for long term help to take some of the load off Jax then Larry Johnson is for sure not the guy you want on this team long term. Sometimes the best move you make is the one you don't make at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    JMO but Johnson is a bad attitude looking to collect a paycheck. When the Rams were horrible in the 90's, they had a bunch of those guys. Win or lose, they don't care because they are being paid. This team doesn't need to go back to those ways and I'm glad they aren't pursuing LJ.

As examples the Rams had Eric Hill, Ryan McNeil, Dwayne White, Leslie O'Neal and Robert Jones. Those guys didn't care win or lose.
    While the backup rbs we have now likely never will be Pro Bowlers, they certainly give it their all, and have great attitudes. Let's hope the O-line can build on yesterday's win and continue to improve their collective run blocking skills. When there are holes to run though, we can keep the chains moving with the guys we have. Keith Toston doesn't do much dancing around, and although not a really big guy, is a north-south runner who hits the hole hard. He hasn't been given much opportunity to play with the "ones" yet, but as he gains experience, I believe he'll be a good player for us. Hopefully Keith will get plenty of reps with the "ones" this week.

Groin pulls are extremely painful, and there is a good chance Steven J. will need more than a few days to fully recover (hopefully there's nothing else wrong). Darby and Toston may well have to shoulder the load next Sunday ..

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I'd agree. I'm not a huge Darby or Toston fan but I'd rather have those guys running at 100% than a bad attitude running at 75%.

Still, I'd bring in a few free agents to check things out. Justin Fargas might be an option.