Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Last Linehan Disaster of 2007

Now there is something to be proud of--consistency.

I can't even put my finger as to what went wrong today. What if any game plan was there both on the offense or defense. I did see some adjustements between 1st and 2nd half which I can't say what I think of them least I get banned from the boards.

Right now am torn over where it was lack of desire and fire on the Rams, or a general melt down in play calling and execution.

Anyhow watching the analysis on HBO's NFL program, it was mentioned that Linehan is likely to return because ownership "likes" S. Linehan, and that there is no one out there to replace him. All I can say is WRONG. After watching todays game, give the HC possition to Hasselet and take your lumps with the remaining terms and cash with Linehan's contract. IT is clearly evident the team isn't playing for Linehan. Noramlly a team plays for some pride and self respect in its final game even if there is nothing to play for....from what I seen, the Rams where content to take a shelling and be happy its all over.
    :x:\

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Last Linehan Disaster of 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post

I can't even put my finger as to what went wrong today. What if any game plan was there both on the offense or defense. I did see some adjustements between 1st and 2nd half which I can't say what I think of them least I get banned from the boards.

Right now am torn over where it was lack of desire and fire on the Rams, or a general melt down in play calling and execution.

Anyhow watching the analysis on HBO's NFL program, it was mentioned that Linehan is likely to return because ownership "likes" S. Linehan, and that there is no one out there to replace him. All I can say is WRONG. After watching todays game, give the HC possition to Hasselet and take your lumps with the remaining terms and cash with Linehan's contract. IT is clearly evident the team isn't playing for Linehan. Noramlly a team plays for some pride and self respect in its final game even if there is nothing to play for....from what I seen, the Rams where content to take a shelling and be happy its all over.
    Since I live in Arizona (for god sake the one freaking Cards game they DIDN'T play) I was watching every channel with football on to see updates and highlights. Along with tracking the game on NFL.com

To me it seemed like STL wanted to lose this game. Maybe they knew if they lost this one that they would have a good pick in the draft. Maybe this season was no hope, maybe they thought not even playing for pride would make up for this horrible season.

I just had a gut feeling they had this in mind. "If we win, our pick might get screwed up". Maybe even they know that Chris Long is the best choice for them. Maybe they know that the Raiders, Jets or Falcons are eyeing him. Though we might get screwed if the Tuna wants him, we'll have a good back up plan (whoever it may be).

But you are right...who knows what happened today.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post

...and you would want Haslett because his defense was "fighting 'til the end"? WRONG. His defense was, and has been a joke of late. Talk about making adjustments. Yeah, Haslett makes adjustments. He backs off in the second half of games. He turns an attacking, blitzing, gambling defense into a soft, jello-like zone D. I always read where Linehan lacks no fire, and therefore his offense plays with no fire. But Haslett? His defense sleep-walks through the second-half of games.

No. If the Rams are to fire Linehan, they should dump Haslett as well. It isn't working on either side of the ball. Injuries are to blame for the root of our problems, but this team plays with no heart, and no fight. No matter who leads the defense, the Rams still can't tackle, and still can't get pressure on the QB unless they blitz.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i dont think its a coincidence that the defense gives up more points in the second half when the offense fails to keep the ball or put any points on the board

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Since I live in Arizona (for god sake the one freaking Cards game they DIDN'T play) I was watching every channel with football on to see updates and highlights. Along with tracking the game on NFL.com

To me it seemed like STL wanted to lose this game. Maybe they knew if they lost this one that they would have a good pick in the draft. Maybe this season was no hope, maybe they thought not even playing for pride would make up for this horrible season.

I just had a gut feeling they had this in mind. "If we win, our pick might get screwed up". Maybe even they know that Chris Long is the best choice for them. Maybe they know that the Raiders, Jets or Falcons are eyeing him. Though we might get screwed if the Tuna wants him, we'll have a good back up plan (whoever it may be).

But you are right...who knows what happened today.
    While the team looked awful I can assure you none of the players were thinking about the draft. Why would they care? Some of them won't even be here next year and the ones that will be aren't exactly thrilled about moving up in the draft where better players are that could possibly take their jobs.