Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

The last straw for me from the media ...

Unbelievable bunch of trash here written by AWARD WINNING John Clayton. From ESPN.com concerning possibilities for where Mike Vick will land:

1. St. Louis Rams: The Rams are set at quarterback with Marc Bulger, but the organization has someone who knows Vick -- general manager Billy Devaney. After being in prison the past two years, Vick can't be expected to come in and be a regular, every-down player. He's missed too much time and he just hired a trainer to get him ready for a training camp. Kyle Boller was signed to a one-year contract as a backup quarterback. On paper, the Rams aren't viewed as a playoff contender. Devaney and new coach Steve Spagnuolo are trying to rebuild the talent base. If Devaney gets the approval of ownership, Vick could be an interesting prospect for the future.

Seriously, are you kidding me? Clayton either has the IQ of a grade schooler, doesn't pay attention, or has a serious deficiency when it comes to doing research. He assumes Vick will end up here because of his connection to Devaney? Right, just like the rumors that Plaxico was coming here because of Spags ...

These dumb rumors boggle me. Just because of a connection, they automatically assume a deal. Can you began to fathom how many connections there are across the league? I doubt there are one or two degrees of freedom between most players and some connection ...

Devaney could despise Vick. He could despise what he stands for. Spags could do the same. Vick doesn't fit into this city culture, into what the team stands for, nor does he fit the profile of any team with a relatively clean image. We are trying to rebuild, and regain fans, and we are going to put Mike Vick on this team? I am sorry, but those are not the types of fans I want to be around if it takes Mike Vick to get them into the stadium. Give me a classy winner, not a primadonna overrated Hybridback ...

I'm done with the media, I'm just not reading this crap anymore. It's unbelievable how these bafoons even have jobs. It wouldn't take much research to realize what we are doing here. And killing dogs is definitely not part of the plan ...

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: The last straw for me from the media ...

Mike Vick running the option outside of SJax? SUPERBOWL
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Mike Vick running the option outside of SJax? SUPERBOWL
    Not even on Madden man .

Anyways you are completely right Infinity. The only time someone on ESPN besides my man Michael Smith talks about the Rams its stupid rumor mongering over a minor occurence or relationship. Just because Spags was on a coaching staff with Plexico Buress doesn't mean he loves the guy. Just because DeVaney drafts someone he doesn't have to like him. People have short attention spans and I would bet Devaney's ran out a long time ago with Vick.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

If Plax can't get a job because of being a career flake character-wise & then shooting himself in the leg, why would any NFL team touch Vick?

If Vick plays pro football again, I'd bet it will be in this new Mickey Mouse league that Haslett got sucked into.

As to Clayton's Devaney/Vick BS , I'd also bet that was a favor to someone in Vick's camp. Make him look like a legit prospect by connecting him with legit personnel guys like BD, regardless of how tenuous or unlikely it might be.Perception is reality.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Clayton exclusive interview with Vick down the line.Quid pro quo.

Warner4prez Guest

I didn't read anywhere in that paragraph that said papers were being drawn up and a deal was on the board. Looked like it was a cut and dry case of mere speculation.

If you noticed the board, news is tough to come by all over the league, so if the NFL gets their hands' on something as major as a fallen star trying to make his way back into favor, of course they'll twist and turn it 5 ways from Tuesday. I don't think a far extending media conspiracy is out to get you Infinity.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Like, we could trade Wroten for him, dude....that way we'd get one criminal for another, and then, like, the media would be right, man.

Yeah, that was sarcastic, but I swear some of these "sources" are a bunch of guys sitting around in a "circle", speculating on a bunch of what-ifs. If we're talking about connections, I bet Devaney knows someone who knows Tom Brady...does Clayton think he'd be in horns, too?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Poindexter...I...I mean John Clayton is really digging deep to write something.
    As was mentioned in another post in this thread. There just isn't much going on in the NFL right now and alot of the fans attention is on the NHL and/or NBA playoffs. So it doesn't surprise me that an NFL writer would try and stir up the pot.

By the way I heard that Lebron James is going to be the Cleveland Browns new tightend in 2009?!

Dominating D Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Unbelievable bunch of trash here written by AWARD WINNING John Clayton. From ESPN.com concerning possibilities for where Mike Vick will land:

1. St. Louis Rams: The Rams are set at quarterback with Marc Bulger, but the organization has someone who knows Vick -- general manager Billy Devaney. After being in prison the past two years, Vick can't be expected to come in and be a regular, every-down player. He's missed too much time and he just hired a trainer to get him ready for a training camp. Kyle Boller was signed to a one-year contract as a backup quarterback. On paper, the Rams aren't viewed as a playoff contender. Devaney and new coach Steve Spagnuolo are trying to rebuild the talent base. If Devaney gets the approval of ownership, Vick could be an interesting prospect for the future.

Seriously, are you kidding me? Clayton either has the IQ of a grade schooler, doesn't pay attention, or has a serious deficiency when it comes to doing research. He assumes Vick will end up here because of his connection to Devaney? Right, just like the rumors that Plaxico was coming here because of Spags ...

These dumb rumors boggle me. Just because of a connection, they automatically assume a deal. Can you began to fathom how many connections there are across the league? I doubt there are one or two degrees of freedom between most players and some connection ...

Devaney could despise Vick. He could despise what he stands for. Spags could do the same. Vick doesn't fit into this city culture, into what the team stands for, nor does he fit the profile of any team with a relatively clean image. We are trying to rebuild, and regain fans, and we are going to put Mike Vick on this team? I am sorry, but those are not the types of fans I want to be around if it takes Mike Vick to get them into the stadium. Give me a classy winner, not a primadonna overrated Hybridback ...

I'm done with the media, I'm just not reading this crap anymore. It's unbelievable how these bafoons even have jobs. It wouldn't take much research to realize what we are doing here. And killing dogs is definitely not part of the plan ...
    It's just a rumor and that is what these guys do. Most of them never get pass the rumor stage.

Until the day it's announce I do not get caught up in the drama.

GO RAMS

ScottD413 Guest

Michael Vick is, without a doubt, the most overrated player in the entire history of the NFL.

Besides, how can he play in the NFL this year? I thought he was under house arrest for 22 months?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Truely, I will find it very interesting to see what team decides that it can handle the pressure and the outright rioting, probably, from its fan base to pick up Vick. However, I cannot see the Rams doing so, for the simple fact that the franchise cannot handle any negative press right now. They need to earn more good will in the community to start selling out the Dome again, and step one of that is NOT to sign Vick.

Put my money on the Pats(Belecheat mojo), Raiders(despite what they say), Bengals(its just makes too much sense!), Vikings(If Farve, why not Vick?) or maybe the Titans(Young is not working out, they need a QB to supplement the run game, why not add to it? And Fisher is a strong personality as well.)

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Truely, I will find it very interesting to see what team decides that it can handle the pressure and the outright rioting, probably, from its fan base to pick up Vick. However, I cannot see the Rams doing so, for the simple fact that the franchise cannot handle any negative press right now. They need to earn more good will in the community to start selling out the Dome again, and step one of that is NOT to sign Vick.

Put my money on the Pats(Belecheat mojo), Raiders(despite what they say), Bengals(its just makes too much sense!), Vikings(If Farve, why not Vick?) or maybe the Titans(Young is not working out, they need a QB to supplement the run game, why not add to it? And Fisher is a strong personality as well.)
    My money is on the Raiders, Al just can't resist lawbreakers who can really run ..

RebelYell is offline Registered User

"The last straw for me from the media ..."

Does this mean you will not be watching ESPN anymore?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    "The last straw for me from the media ..."

Does this mean you will not be watching ESPN anymore?
    I don't watch ESPN now, haven't watched it in years. I go elsewhere for my sports information. That quote came from another board ...

ESPN is a circus ...

And the underlying basis of this thread is simple. I just wonder where how I can get one of these plush jobs where I make about $250k a year, hang out with athletes all day, and write nonsense rumors and bad stories on a regular basis ...

Ramer Guest

I really hope the Rams aren't interested in Vick. He should never be allowed to throw another pass in the NFL.

Dominating D Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    Michael Vick is, without a doubt, the most overrated player in the entire history of the NFL.

Besides, how can he play in the NFL this year? I thought he was under house arrest for 22 months?
    You can work while on House Arrest. The tough part is the travel. Most jurisdiction do not grant travel priveleages. Maybe he can play home games only???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast