mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Laurent Robinson, Atogwe and Craig Dahl

anyone know the status of thesehreewo for this weekends game? I'm hoping Robinson will be healthy because Gibson looked terrible last week.

Obviously any time OJ is out it's a huge deal and having both him and Dahl out would be a huge blow to our secondary.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Laurent Robinson, Atogwe and Craig Dahl

Gibson dropped some passes but he's capable of keeping the drive alive. Robinson has the injury bug and pulled a few butterfingers with us as well but he pulled the most yardage with us against the Seahawks and I hope he can repeat that if he starts. Our second string safeties did a good job providing coverage against a McNabb-led Redskins offense but this comes the real test whether they're capable of being consistent on that if Atogwe and Dahl are out.

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Gibson dropped some passes but he's capable of keeping the drive alive. Robinson has the injury bug and pulled a few butterfingers with us as well but he pulled the most yardage with us against the Seahawks and I hope he can repeat that if he starts. Our second string safeties did a good job providing coverage against a McNabb-led Redskins offense but this comes the real test whether they're capable of being consistent on that if Atogwe and Dahl are out.
    I actually like Butler. He's decent in pass coverage and always is around the ball but I really hope we aren't without OJ for more than a game.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    I actually like Butler. He's decent in pass coverage and always is around the ball but I really hope we aren't without OJ for more than a game.
    Butler is decent in pass coverage? i'm pretty sure that every passing TD scored on us this year has been partly his fault.

RockinRam is online now Registered User

Butler is actually solid against the run, but against the pass there's room for improvement.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Butler is actually solid against the run, but against the pass there's room for improvement.
    Understatement of the year thus far.

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

I think Robinson will be scratched again. Atogwe is day to day, he'll probably try to go, and we'll see
    Barry Waller

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Butler is decent in pass coverage? i'm pretty sure that every passing TD scored on us this year has been partly his fault.
    Bartell and Fletcher have both been burnt pretty badly as well. Butler couild obviously use some work but he always seems to be around the ball.

Let's face it we don't have one top notch player in our secondary. Some of them have talent but none is a pro bowler.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    Bartell and Fletcher have both been burnt pretty badly as well. Butler couild obviously use some work but he always seems to be around the ball.

Let's face it we don't have one top notch player in our secondary. Some of them have talent but none is a pro bowler.
    You must be watching Rams games from 2009 ....

Both Bartell and Fletcher have been very good in man to man. Fletcher's only issue has been 2 DPI penalties from not turning his head around and seeing the ball, but he was in position ...

Bartell has not been burned deep a single time, and if my numbers hold correct, opponents have completed 5 of 26 passes thrown at Bartell in man coverage ....

And last I checked, most teams don't have pro bowlers in the secondary ....
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -09-30-2010 at 11:42 AM.

stl7 is offline Registered User

Fletcher in particular has been good and bartell has been able to limit some pretty good wide recievers. The only time they had trouble was againt the speed of oakland. Butler also has a turnover in each of the last two games- int/fr so im not sure u could call him a liability

Gibson has the ability. he got open pretty consistently which is more than you can say for most of our receivers and he has good hands he just needs more playing time

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by stl7 View Post
    Gibson has the ability. he got open pretty consistently which is more than you can say for most of our receivers and he has good hands he just needs more playing time
    The thing I like about Gibson is his ability to use his body to create seperation and get open, but I'm concerned he has a problem catching balls in tight coverage, even with a window of opportunity. Bradford has the ability to thread the needle and Gibson HAS to make those catches. He dropped two catchable passes, albeit in very tight coverage against Washington, but that can't continue to happen. I agree he probably just needs more PT, but it's time for him to step up and match that swagger he seems to have.