throwback week

general counsel is offline Registered User

Laurent Robinson, Donnie Jones, Josh Brown, James Butler and Laurinitis.....

All look good. The rest of the team looks awful. By the way, i am anxious to hear from those fans who got so excited by the great enthusiasm and fire that the rams played with last week. Playing against a playoff caliber first string offense, our first string defense (minus only carriker) really couldnt have been any worse.

I cant wait to see someone blame the first half performance on bulger. Meanwhile, boller missed a wide open receiver for a td.

The Rams looked like a breathing corpse against the falcons first team and given the atmosphere in the dome, it is really hard to tell if there was any pulse at all in the building. The dome looked at 60% empty. What a debacle.

I am not overeacting, but i point out that defensively, we are not a good team and offensively, we need a healthy bulger and a healthy offensive line.

Laurent Robinson is impressive. Butler made a couple of nice tackles. Nice int by Laurinitis. We have the best kickers in the nfl and donnie jones is truly The Bionic Leg.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Re: Laurent Robinson, Donnie Jones, Josh Brown, James Butler and Laurinitis.....

Well said GN, I can't wait to hear the Bulger haters blame him for just about anything this week. The defense.....well they look exactly how they should based on the talent we have, I think we all know that we need several additional pieces to be a formitable defense let alone a top 10 one.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Laurent Robinson, Donnie Jones, Josh Brown, James Butler and Laurinitis.....

Bulger what the hell you let matt ryan score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Mooselini Guest

Well most preseason games haven't been sell out games...what do you expect? Save money and go to the game when it counts. You can't judge the fans for not showing up to a preseason game GC...

But you are right. Those names you mentioned are the ones making the biggest impacts. Those names played well last week too.

Robinson is good. Hell, he might be Avery for a starter spot!

TorontoRams Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    and given the atmosphere in the dome, it is really hard to tell if there was any pulse at all in the building. The dome looked at 60% empty. What a debacle.
    Well, the attendance on the ESPN boxscore says 46,958 which is disappointing but what can you do? Five wins in two years will do that to your team. But from watching a stream on the game, you couldn't even hear the fans, all I heard was the announcers, but I'll check again tomorrow morning when I watch the replay on NFL Network to see if it really was like a funeral home in the building.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I'm leaning for Robinson to be our #1 receiver. To me, Avery is more of a #2 or slot receiver, due to his speed and his most impressive work in the long, deep routes.

Robinson has showed that he can handle the short and intermediate routes.

general counsel is offline Registered User

A couple of points on the fans. Keep in mind that the rams have sold plenty of season tix. I dont blame fans for not wanting to pay face value for the seats for preseason. I just bought 4 tix for the falcons vs sd for next sat night on the fifty yard line 19 rows off the field for $23 per ticket! However, given that the seats are already paid for (because the teams dont let you buy only regular season if you are a season ticket holder, you have to buy pre season as well), i find it disgusting that people cant find anyone to take the tickets for free if they dont want to go themselves. On that basis, i think you can get on people for not attending the games or at least observing that people dont even want them for free.

There is no way in the world that there were 46,000 people in that dome. I watched the entire game. That 46,000 people i bet is tickets sold, which sounds like the season ticket base. Trust me, there were less than 30,000 people in the building. Almost the entire upper and middle decks were 3/4 empty and the lower level was far from filled. Watch the replay and you will see for yourself. There was no noise at all on tv. None at all.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

TorontoRams Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

There is no way in the world that there were 46,000 people in that dome. I watched the entire game. That 46,000 people i bet is tickets sold, which sounds like the season ticket base. Trust me, there were less than 30,000 people in the building. Almost the entire upper and middle decks were 3/4 empty and the lower level was far from filled. Watch the replay and you will see for yourself. There was no noise at all on tv. None at all.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Yeah, I thought the 46,000 was the numbers of tickets sold, from what I could tell the lower level had the number of fans I expect for a pre-season game in the seats. I had no clue what the middle or upper deck looked like. But from what I read the new upgrades on the EJD were well done, the video board was great, and they added more lighting to brighten the place up which is a good thing, the lighting was awful in the past, it looked like they went to Wal-Mart and bought the cheapest bulbs they could find to illuminate the place. The only complaints I read were the fact that you had to have binoculars on to be able to see the down and distance, it seems they forgot to program that information in the new video board and instead put that information on smaller screens or something along those lines.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Thats sad, I listened to the game on NFL field pass. Didnt get to bed till 5am.
    Id kill to go to a rams game, but its a bit hard when you live in England.
    Shame on them.

sb34rams is offline Registered User

Robinson is looking good. Bulger's injury just set the Rams back a bit. These guys need the experience playing in a live game before start of the season under Spags.

RamOfDenmark Guest

Maybe there would be less talk about Bulger if people shut up with statements like "Oh I can't wait to see people blame this on Bulger" and the like. We're all tired of it - so let it go guys. There are more Bulger-apologists roaming the board looking for Bulger-haters to lynch than actual Bulger-haters at this point. One group of trolls (irrational Bulger-haters) seem to have crawled back under their rocks for a bit - so please don't turn into a new group of pro-Bulger trolls and start it all over again.

Sadly we looked very much like last year in this game. Defense couldn't stop anything, offense couldn't produce anything. Same old, same old. I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to let Jackson have more carries, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with him getting 3 carries and calling it a day - will he be prepared in game 1, will he have chemistry with the O-line and know what they're seeing? I think a little bit more time in the game would help get everybody on the same page. You could say keep the 1st stringers in until they produce something - on the other hand at this rate we'd probably have them playing the whole game before that happens...

Probably a good thing I didn't get to watch this game, looks like I didn't miss much of a great experience. I can always replay an old Linehan game if I want to get depressed...

thermobee is offline Registered User

Only one point I want to make - When Spags took over the team I thought we were going to start tackling and I didnt see it in that game. Hopefully its something they can address in the next couple of pre season games before the real thing starts or we have no shot at winning anything.

LifeLongRam Guest

after watching the game i thought jonathon wade and derek stanley also played pretty well. wade made some nice tackles and brought energy to the field, stanley made some nice catches ( 1 of them our only td.) and would of had a nice reverse if it wasn't for curry's holding penalty.

Boller is definetly not impressive, he missed the open man on all the deep routes, pretty disgusted with his play overall.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd add Darrell Scott to the list. He was active, aggresive and effective. He just might turn out to be a great draft decision. I'd love to see him work more with some of the first team guys.

diehard99 is offline Registered User

I'm glad you mentioned Scott, I thought he at least showed some ability in these first two games- like staying low and holding his ground somewhat. How did Burton look last night? I thought he showed some decent strength against the Jets 3rd stringers. Sure would be nice to see him against the starters to tell how he can hold up.