Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Laurent Robinson is out for the season

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Last year he missed 15 games with a hamstring injury and now he's gonna miss 13 games with a broken fibula. Look, I've been very impressed with Robinson also, but maybe this is why Atlanta let us have him for so cheap a price.

At any rate, let's hope that he heals up completely and gets ready to hit it next year.

WHAT SAY YE?

i dont think Atlanta could have looked into their crystal ball and seen that for some unknown reason a vile creature like Al Harris would have a personal vendetta against him and repeatedly attempt to injure him through cheap shots...the two main incidents incensed me at the time..even more so now...i know football is a man`s sport and nasty injuries occur..but Al Harris didnt act like a real man in my humble opinion..
    i think either the Rams organization or Laurent or both..should attempt to bring justice down upon Al Harris.
    i have a lot of respect for the packers proud history and the great people who have been employed by them...but for Al Harris i have none.

Quote Originally Posted by turfattack View Post
    A hamstring injury is different but this was a freak injury- a lineman rolling on your ankle could happen to anyone. He showed he has #1 material so we just got to hope he bounces back from it.
    not so much a freak injury i think when you consider he tried to untangle himself after the whistle and Al Harris saw what could happen and made sure that the full weight of laurent`s body aswell as his own was pressed down on that area of laurent`s body to try and seriously injure him..the only freak about it was Al Harris.

Okeafor tried to break Marshall Faulk`s leg in similar circumstances in about 2002..not quite sure of the exact year but remember the incident all too well..

jackson3909 is offline Registered User

i really wish we still had holt, he would be the veteran we need to make this young team push through the losing, and he would give buldger a reliable reciever. he only did bad last year beacuse he dealt with injuries last year. this year he is doing consitenlty well, we shouldnt have cut him. but the cap room i guess was worth it. avery please be the playmaker you can be.

MikeD is offline Registered User

Man, Robinson out is going to hurt us... He's got good hands and was doing very well the past 2 games.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Last I read is that he MIGHT be out. They could put him on the IR with a hope he could return late couldn't they?

Also, how could Atlanta project that a guy would break his fibula? Unless it was a chronic injury like Holt has, I don't see how they could know.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Last I read is that he MIGHT be out. They could put him on the IR with a hope he could return late couldn't they?
    Pretty sure you can't return once you're on IR. Also, he'll still count against the cap even if he's on IR according to Howard Balzer, which won't help the Rams as they try to fill some holes created by injury.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Grrrr! Just when he was getting started and the Rams had a WR promise.

Get well soon Laurent, come back even better. Really appreciate your skills / presence in the Rams offense.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

I know we are pushing the youth movement and all that, but should Devaney consider calling up Marvin Harrison and offering him a 1 year deal or something at this point?

Otherwise, txramsfan may be right. We might as well play Boller the rest of the year, because there is nobody remotely reliable to throw to at the moment.

what about putting him on the PUP list? i really dont know how these things work exactly ,other than knowing IR is for the season..but cant we still play him later down the road if he recovers in time by putting him on the PUP list?

cant remember who it was but am sure someone in recent years came back quickly from a broken leg..

clutching at straws i guess..

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I know we are pushing the youth movement and all that, but should Devaney consider calling up Marvin Harrison and offering him a 1 year deal or something at this point?
    Marvin Harrison hasn't been sniffed by any NFL organization, and there's a reason. He's probably not even in playing shape at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    what about putting him on the PUP list?
    I think PUP is only for the start of the season.

RamJackson39 Guest

This is terrible news to hear. This kid cant shake the injury bug. I wish him a speedy recover. Hope to see him back for next year.

As for this season, break down and give Matt Jones a call or maybe another talented wide receiver out there. This is a team in desperate need of solid wide receiver play, and Donnie Avery does not offer that. At least with a guy like Jones you have a kid who's hungry and who has proven that he can get the job done on the field.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Awful, awful news. The only player we had that could actually get things done on the field gets injured. Not good. If we don't get another decent receiver to replace Robinson, say good-bye to this season...

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Here's to a speedy recovery. That kid could have a bright future with us one of these days.

longfan Guest

fellas..... this is a true story... stay with me on this....

keenan burton is one bad mother bouncer....

born and bred UK boy.. my son is there now about to watch the Wildcats win their 8th championship game in basketball...

this kid is unreal gifted... all SEC << IE top D's around town..

injury bug kept him from being all everything ever made while here at UK... notice last years injury tilt... he is a bit prone...

if Burton stays healthy he is , to me, a carbon copy printout of a young isaac bruce.... (i am sorry for that, but i feel that at the same time)

watch the kid's body language and desire... the skill set is natural... i swear i see Bruce flashbacks every time this kid touches the ball...

now we will get to see it alot... this is a good thing...
    Last edited by longfan; -09-28-2009 at 09:29 PM.

Mooselini Guest

Wow....this sucks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast