RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

Laurinitis should sit

I know that Laurinitis keeps saying that his pectoral muscle is fine and if there were a game tomorrow he would play. While I love his attitude, there is not a game of importance coming up until September 11th. I think it is best for Laurinitis, and the team, for him to sit until the season opener. There are some players that the Rams could afford to lose for a few game but Laurinitis is definitely not one of them. Is anybody in agreement with me on this issue?

Side issue. Does anyone know the reason that Marlon Favorite was signed? With the roster cuts coming up soon, what would be the reason for this signing? Is someone injured that we don't know about, or is someone like Gibson falling out of favor with Spags? What do you guys think?
    Last edited by RamBamThankYouMam; -08-31-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Typo

Re: Laurinitis should sit

No one else is worried about the Rams' top linebacker being healthy?

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamBamThankYouMam View Post
    I know that Laurinitis keeps saying that his pectoral muscle is fine and if there were a game tomorrow he would play. While I love his attitude, there is not a game of importance coming up until September 11th. I think it is best for Laurinitis, and the team, for him to sit until the season opener. There are some players that the Rams could afford to lose for a few game but Laurinitis is definitely not one of them. Is anybody in agreement with me on this issue?
    I think I heard on 101 espn that he is going to sit out the game...

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I'm torn on JL. Obviously I want him 100% for the Eagles game but with all the new blood at linebacker he may need some Gel time with his fellow starters.

No clue on Favorite.

Ok good. I didn't come across anything official. I just kept reading that he might play the last pre-season game. I think the Rams are better off resting Laurinitis so he doesn't miss significant time like Diggs did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I'm torn on JL. Obviously I want him 100% for the Eagles game but with all the new blood at linebacker he may need some Gel time with his fellow starters.

I see your point about getting used to all the new starters, but he is useless injured and his health should be the main concern imo.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I am 100% in agreement. He has been battling the bruise/pull for some time now. The absolute last thing this team needs right now if for a pulled pectoral to turn into a torn tittie muscle, which would put him out for a very extended period of time. The last preseason game means absolutely nothing, he needs to be 100% healthy when we take on the eagles.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I am 100% in agreement. He has been battling the bruise/pull for some time now. The absolute last thing this team needs right now if for a pulled pectoral to turn into a torn tittie muscle, which would put him out for a very extended period of time. The last preseason game means absolutely nothing, he needs to be 100% healthy when we take on the eagles.
    He is too valuable for the Rams to allow him to play. If he sits the rest of the time it will give him almost two weeks to let things heal up a bit. I am not too sure how long he would need to return to 100%, but the time left until the regular season seems like a good start. The defense needs to be firing on all cylinders to compete with the Eagles.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

He needs to sit. 100% he absolutely has to sit. This could be a nagging injury and thats the last we need in a useless pre season game.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

I think he should play a series or two. Garrard is a somewhat mobile Qb and i think it would help if he got some extra reps to prepare for Vick.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Regardless of what JL says, it isn't his decision as to whether he plays or not, and if he plays, how many reps he'll get. Nothing wrong with him putting forth the "warrior mentality," but it is Spags who will make the decision. A few reps for "gell time" are not worth seriously aggravating JL's pectoral muscle, particularly for a game that is all but meaningless other than to a few guys who are trying to make the team against long odds. I say let Hull get some reps with the first team instead. If we were to lose JL for a few games, Hull will need some "gell time" himself ..

Glad to see JL sit against the Jags. This makes me feel alot better about week 1 vs. the Eagles. The Rams need to be 100% to win this game. With this decision it looks like the Rams will be as close to 100% as possible.