Thread: Leaning on Pisa

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Leaning on Pisa

By Jim Thomas and Bill Coats
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    Saturday, Oct. 18 2008
    LEANING ON PISA

As the Rams' defensive coordinator, Jim Haslett tried to coax linebacker Pisa
    Tinoisamoa into more consistent performances. "He gets one or two plays every
    game that he doesn't play real well," Haslett explained.

Things are different now. Haslett is the head coach, following the dismissal of
    Scott Linehan on Sept. 29, and Tinoisamoa is putting together his best season
    since 2005.

Citing a marked improvement in Tinoisamoa's mechanics and technique, Haslett
    said, "He's doing everything right for the first time since I've been here."

Tinoisamoa has amassed a team-leading 46 tackles — including a season-high 13
    in last Sunday's 19-17 triumph at Washington. He also had a sack and another
    stop for lost yardage vs. the Redskins.

A second-round draft pick in 2003 out of Hawaii, Tinoisamoa topped the Rams in
    tackles in each of his first three years, piling up totals of 121, 145 and 134.
    He didn't miss a game until six weeks into his fourth NFL season, a span of 54
    contests.

But when the injuries began to arrive, they came with a vengeance. Tinoisamoa
    missed five games in 2006 when five different injuries — two broken hands, two
    dislocated elbows and a sprained shoulder — ultimately landed him on injured
    reserve. He finished with just 47 tackles.

Last year, the 6-foot-1, 240-pound weakside linebacker played in only nine
    games before he again wound up on IR, this time because of knee problems. He
    had 79 tackles.

Finally healthy and at peace in his personal life, Tinoisamoa, 27, is returning
    to form. He said he spent his offseason re-dedicating himself to his family —
    wife Shannon, sons Kaleb and Ryder, and daughter Mylie.

"Not to say I was a bad guy off the field (before), but I spent a lot of time
    with my family, realizing what's important to me, realizing that I like my
    lifestyle, the way I'm living," Tinoisamoa said. "And in order to maintain
    that, I'm probably going to have to play good ... especially when they're
    firing people around here."

NFL PUNISHES INCOGNITO

Richie Incognito's temper tantrum proved very costly Sunday in Washington. The
    NFL has fined the offensive guard $25,000 for what it termed repeated verbal
    abuse of a game official in the closing seconds of the Rams' 19-17 victory over
    the Redskins.

Incognito drew a 15-yard personal foul penalty for the outburst, which meant
    Josh Brown's game-winning field goal as time expired came from 49 yards instead
    of 34.

Incognito also was fined $5,000 for a major facemask penalty and an additional
    $5,000 for an illegal chop block. So his total fines for the day amounted to
    $35,000. That's more than a game check ($27,000) for Incognito, whose base
    salary is $460,000 this season.

PACE STILL LIMITED

Orlando Pace (thigh) again was limited to individual work at practice, with
    Adam Goldberg taking all the snaps at left tackle. Pace's availability for
    Sunday's matchup vs. Dallas "will be a game-time decision," Haslett said. "He's
    going to work some (today), then we'll go from there."

Wide receiver Drew Bennett (foot), cornerback Tye Hill (knee) and running back
    Antonio Pittman (leg) won't suit up.

ROMO TO START?

The Tony Romo saga continues in Dallas. Romo, the Cowboys quarterback who was
    expected to be out a month after breaking the little finger on his right hand
    Sunday, has been on the sideline during practice and, according to Cowboys
    owner Jerry Jones, "It's very likely that he'll be ready to play" vs. the Rams.

Jones said that on a radio show Friday, the Dallas Morning News reported. Just
    moments later, coach Wade Phillips said no decision had been made. Informed of
    Jones' remark, Phillips amended himself, adding, "Whatever Jerry says, I'm
    going with."

Veteran Brad Johnson has worked with the first unit all week.

TICKETS AVAILABLE

The Cowboys returned some tickets from their allotment, and they are available
    for purchase. For information, call the Rams box office at 314-425-8830. The
    game officially is a sellout, meaning that it will be televised locally (KTVI,
    Channel 2).

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Leaning on Pisa

Man did Pisa step up or what? Just as we needed it too! I was all for replacing him this year...but after last week's performance, I think that he has made a statement that he just needed to stay healthy.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Glad to see Pisa's game coming back seeing it suffer the last two years due to injuries. He's one of my FAVs, BOOK 'EM, FIVE-O!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    By Jim Thomas and Bill Coats
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    Saturday, Oct. 18 2008
    LEANING ON PISA

As the Rams' defensive coordinator, Jim Haslett tried to coax linebacker Pisa
    Tinoisamoa into more consistent performances. "He gets one or two plays every
    game that he doesn't play real well," Haslett explained.

Things are different now. Haslett is the head coach, following the dismissal of
    Scott Linehan on Sept. 29, and Tinoisamoa is putting together his best season
    since 2005.

Citing a marked improvement in Tinoisamoa's mechanics and technique, Haslett
    said, "He's doing everything right for the first time since I've been here."

Tinoisamoa has amassed a team-leading 46 tackles — including a season-high 13
    in last Sunday's 19-17 triumph at Washington. He also had a sack and another
    stop for lost yardage vs. the Redskins.

A second-round draft pick in 2003 out of Hawaii, Tinoisamoa topped the Rams in
    tackles in each of his first three years, piling up totals of 121, 145 and 134.
    He didn't miss a game until six weeks into his fourth NFL season, a span of 54
    contests.

But when the injuries began to arrive, they came with a vengeance. Tinoisamoa
    missed five games in 2006 when five different injuries — two broken hands, two
    dislocated elbows and a sprained shoulder — ultimately landed him on injured
    reserve. He finished with just 47 tackles.

Last year, the 6-foot-1, 240-pound weakside linebacker played in only nine
    games before he again wound up on IR, this time because of knee problems. He
    had 79 tackles.

Finally healthy and at peace in his personal life, Tinoisamoa, 27, is returning
    to form. He said he spent his offseason re-dedicating himself to his family —
    wife Shannon, sons Kaleb and Ryder, and daughter Mylie.

"Not to say I was a bad guy off the field (before), but I spent a lot of time
    with my family, realizing what's important to me, realizing that I like my
    lifestyle, the way I'm living," Tinoisamoa said. "And in order to maintain
    that, I'm probably going to have to play good ... especially when they're
    firing people around here."

NFL PUNISHES INCOGNITO

Richie Incognito's temper tantrum proved very costly Sunday in Washington. The
    NFL has fined the offensive guard $25,000 for what it termed repeated verbal
    abuse of a game official in the closing seconds of the Rams' 19-17 victory over
    the Redskins.

Incognito drew a 15-yard personal foul penalty for the outburst, which meant
    Josh Brown's game-winning field goal as time expired came from 49 yards instead
    of 34.

Incognito also was fined $5,000 for a major facemask penalty and an additional
    $5,000 for an illegal chop block. So his total fines for the day amounted to
    $35,000. That's more than a game check ($27,000) for Incognito, whose base
    salary is $460,000 this season.

PACE STILL LIMITED

Orlando Pace (thigh) again was limited to individual work at practice, with
    Adam Goldberg taking all the snaps at left tackle. Pace's availability for
    Sunday's matchup vs. Dallas "will be a game-time decision," Haslett said. "He's
    going to work some (today), then we'll go from there."

Wide receiver Drew Bennett (foot), cornerback Tye Hill (knee) and running back
    Antonio Pittman (leg) won't suit up.

ROMO TO START?

The Tony Romo saga continues in Dallas. Romo, the Cowboys quarterback who was
    expected to be out a month after breaking the little finger on his right hand
    Sunday, has been on the sideline during practice and, according to Cowboys
    owner Jerry Jones, "It's very likely that he'll be ready to play" vs. the Rams.

Jones said that on a radio show Friday, the Dallas Morning News reported. Just
    moments later, coach Wade Phillips said no decision had been made. Informed of
    Jones' remark, Phillips amended himself, adding, "Whatever Jerry says, I'm
    going with."

Veteran Brad Johnson has worked with the first unit all week.

TICKETS AVAILABLE

The Cowboys returned some tickets from their allotment, and they are available
    for purchase. For information, call the Rams box office at 314-425-8830. The
    game officially is a sellout, meaning that it will be televised locally (KTVI,
    Channel 2).
    Jessica Simpson and her crew must not be coming to the game. Thus the return of the tickets by the Cowboys.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

i hope the 2ndary can step it up, what a hell of a job pisa's been doing