Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TealandBlack is offline Registered User

Re: At Least 20,000 Empty Seats To Greet Rams And Jags

PeoriaRam, your team does NOT get talked about in the media for the lack of seats like the Jaguars do. It's all, because the "suits" still do not want a team in Jacksonville, when L.A. is without one. That's ignorant for you to say that you have a right to talk about fans not being able to show up.

r8rh8rmike, the reason college games get sold out is because, 1) They are outside of Jacksonville, either south or west of the city, where the economy may or may not be as bad as in the city and 2) 2/3 of the attendance are by the students who get into the games for free. Not valid excuse.

All in all, L.A. would be the worst place to have an NFL city, because the economy is worst in California than anywhere else in the country, and many of the people in L.A. are fans of UCLA, Southern Cal, etc. Not mention all the other sports teams in the state. (The last time an NFL team was there it did not work, actually both times. Our teams are safe, people need to see this)

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TealandBlack View Post
    r8rh8rmike, the reason college games get sold out is because, 1) They are outside of Jacksonville, either south or west of the city, where the economy may or may not be as bad as in the city and 2) 2/3 of the attendance are by the students who get into the games for free. Not valid excuse.
    Sorry, I'm not buying it. It's all about priorities. If people in the Jacksonville area can fill a college stadium, they could do the same for the Jags if they really wanted to. I just don't think they want to.

I shudder to think what the situation will be like after they lose to the Rams. It'll be an interesting barameter of fan support won't it?

bigredman is offline Registered User

I don't buy the whole economy thing either. Jacksonville is full of self employed business entrepreneurs!

A more plausible explanation why the fans don't fill the stadium is that they are too S-faced to get in...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow, that post was hilarious, yet at the same time, disturbing.

rams2061 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I guess losing to the Rams is more than the fans in Jacksonville can take.

I seriously doubt that will happen.

bigredman, I take it you know little about the economy, because it's the SELF-EMPLOYEED BUSINESSES that are struggling the most. Your logic=fail. And yes, we have fans who show up for the games drunk. Who doesn't.

r8rh8rmike, you say the people in jax can fill a college stadium? There are no college stadiums in Jacksonville. The Gators are located in Gainesville, which is 1 1/2 hours away, and the Seminoles in Tallehasee, which are two hours away. Our fans show up, but can't afford the game and taigate outside. (TV wont show you that though) Logic=fail

Is this game the first motivation you've had this season? lol. I'll be sure to check back in here when the Jaguars tear your team apart.

r8rh8rmike, you say the people in jax can fill a college stadium? There are no college stadiums in Jacksonville. The Gators are located in Gainesville, which is 1 1/2 hours away, and the Seminoles in Tallehasee, which are two hours away. Our fans show up, but can't afford the game and taigate outside. (TV wont show you that though) Logic=fail
    So now your argument is that there are no college stadiums near Jacksonville?

Just a hunch, but if the Jags were the defending Super Bowl Champions and were 5-0 this year, I'll bet there would be a LOT less than 20,000 empty seats. Just a hunch.

Is this game the first motivation you've had this season? lol. I'll be sure to check back in here when the Jaguars tear your team apart.
    Well, we did all see what the final score was from last weeks Seahawks/Jags contest. This game is definitely the most motivated and confident I've been all year. If the Jags do rip the Rams apart, and that's a big if, we'll be here. If it goes the other way, will you??

Here's to an injury free game on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    So now your argument is that there are no college stadiums near Jacksonville?

Just a hunch, but if the Jags were the defending Super Bowl Champions and were 5-0 this year, I'll bet there would be a LOT less than 20,000 empty seats. Just a hunch.

Well, we did all see what the final score was from last weeks Seahawks/Jags contest. This game is definitely the most motivated and confident I've been all year. If the Jags do rip the Rams apart, and that's a big if, we'll be here. If it goes the other way, will you??

Here's to an injury free game on Sunday.

I said they were outside of Jacksonville, yes. I live here.....

If the Rams do show up and win, yes, I'll post here and congratulate you on your win, and if you lose, I'll wish you good luck on the rest of the season.

To an injury free game.

bigredman, I take it you know little about the economy, because it's the SELF-EMPLOYEED BUSINESSES that are struggling the most. Your logic=fail. And yes, we have fans who show up for the games drunk. Who doesn't.

Last edited by bigredman; -10-17-2009 at 10:57 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I said they were outside of Jacksonville, yes. I live here.....

If the Rams do show up and win, yes, I'll post here and congratulate you on your win, and if you lose, I'll wish you good luck on the rest of the season.

To an injury free game.
    Fair enough TealandBlack. We each probably have reason to expect a win from our teams because they are both really bad right now and something has got to give for one of them.

Good luck.

...and they drive off into the sunset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lange is offline Registered User

Wierd I don't get why so many empty seats. I thought in Florida with so many people it wouldn't be a problem filling up games but it seems maybe people really can't afford tickets right now. Maybe someone wants to shed light on this?

Also Los Angeles getting a NFL team or the Jaguars seems like a pretty dumb idea to me. I mean California already has 3 NFL teams they don't need 4. Also it would be wierd for the Jags to move to Los Angeles because a Jaguar is not a representation of that area. being in Florida the Jaguar is a native animal so a icon of the enviornment and culture.

A good reason against a Los Angeles NFL team is that a UFL is likely to end up their next year. Actually I think it was confirmed in their expansion plans. 2 pro football teams in the same city? I don't think so lol.

They're at the dog track. The stadium is full there....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

chucknbob is offline Registered User

I hate to break the news to you, but just because people stand outside, drink beer and grill doesn't make them fans. I have been to many tailgates where I couldn't have cared less about the teams. It's pretty easy to drop at least 20-30 bucks by the time you split parking fees, buy beer, food, and other stuff to tailgate. How many of those fans would be willing to give up 2 or 3 tailgate sessions to go inside to watch a game? Must not be very many. Looks like they've decided what is most important, and it's not supporting their team.

You say that it's easy for college students to drive and go to games because they're "not in the real world" but then you say that there are multiple colleges within 2 hours of you. Why aren't any of those college students at your games since it's so easy for them to buy tickets?

P.S. Congrats on the win. Too bad nobody got to see it.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Jacksonville was struggling off the field before the economy went to pot. Ultimately, its troublesome when the local college team is more popular than the local NFL team.
    And this is the reason that they should have been the St Louis Stallions instead of the Jacksonville Jaguars. If that would have happened, would the RAMS have stayed in LA, or moved to Jax or Baltimore? No one knows thanks to the league vendetta against St Louis.

Nothing against the St Louis college fans, but not the college support that the Southeast tends to have.

gap

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast