RamWraith is offline Registered User

Leonard agrees to terms (some other news-BULGER)

Rams | Leonard agrees to terms
    Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:19:59 -0700

The St. Louis Rams have announced they have agreed to terms with second-round draft choice RB Brian Leonard on a four-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Leonard agrees to terms

Carriker and Bulger are next,,,,,,,, Lets hope.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

general counsel is offline Registered User

Outstanding news! Lets get carriker signed before camp starts and turn our attention to bulger, just like Ramman68 has said.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rams sign second-round pick Leonard
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    07/24/2007

Second-round draft pick Brian Leonard, a running back from Rutgers, has agreed to terms on a four-year deal with the Rams.

Contract terms weren't immediately available, but Leonard is expected to sign the deal Wednesday.

So Leonard, who figures to be the top backup to Pro Bowler Steven Jackson, will not miss any practice time in training camp as he learns his first NFL offense.

Players report to Rams camp on Thursday, with the first practices scheduled for Friday.

Besides being a core player on special teams, Leonard will spell Jackson, be involved in third-down packages, and do some blocking at fullback.

With Leonard's deal taken care of, seven of the Rams' eight draft picks are under contract.

First-rounder Adam Carriker remains the only Rams draft pick yet to agree on a contract. But team officials remain optimistic that Carriker's deal will be done at the start of camp or shortly thereafter. The Rams and Carriker's agents have talks scheduled for later in the week.

In another negotiating development, team president of football operations-general manager Jay Zygmunt confirmed that he met for most of Tuesday morning with agent Tom Condon regarding a contract extension for quarterback Marc Bulger. The sides will continue to talk, with Bulger expected to report to camp Thursday.

suhpr3me is offline Registered User

Re: Leonard agrees to terms (some other news-BULGER)

Good news. All we need is Carriker and Bulger and I'll be a happy man (:

RamsNation is offline Registered User

This is obviously great news, and if Bulger will come to camp on time our offense will be set. I seriously have been stressing about these signings. I want all of our people to be in camp from day one, or at least by saturday since I plan on being there.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Linehan said he expected "something to break with Brian in the next couple of
    days and Adam pretty soon after that. I'd be real surprised if by the weekend,
    we didn't have everything done."
    The first domino has fallen, just like Scott Linehan said it would, early no less. One more and then hopefully the business of making #10 happy gets done.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Fantastic news! I can't wait to see what kind of stuff Brian is going to bring for us backing up Jackson. Also the Bulger news is very encouraging, one can only hope the deal is already done and they are just waiting for Adam to sign before they announce it.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

This is good news!! And with all of the hats that B. Leonard is expected to wear as a rookie (STs, RB, 3rd down packages, and back up FB) he absolutely needed to be in camp on time. And then there were two: We need to sign AC and MB and probably in that order as well.

WHAT SAY YE?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Excellent to see, I'm sure Carriker will be in camp the whole time. Bulger will like many of you probably realize be signed in October/November...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

maineram is offline Registered User

It has been a bit too quiet in the past week or so. This is great news, keep it coming !!!

Maineram -

Keenum is offline Registered User

Great news! Leonard's gonna have a chance to run, catch, and block in this offense, and hopefully his receiving skills will take some pressure off of Holt and Bruce.
    Glad to hear Bulger will be coming to camp! He's leading this team by example.

Leonard, team reach a deal
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    07/25/2007

Running back Brian Leonard, who figures to be the Rams' top backup behind Pro Bowler Steven Jackson this season, agreed to terms on a four-year contract Tuesday. The contract's details weren't available. Leonard, a second-round draft pick out of Rutgers, is expected to sign the deal sometime today.

Leonard figures to be a valuable and versatile role player as an NFL rookie, so it was important to coach Scott Linehan and his staff that he not miss any time absorbing his first pro offense.

Besides being a core player on special teams, Leonard occasionally will substitute for Jackson in the backfield, see some duty in third-down situations and see some action at fullback, although returning fullback Madison Hedgecock will do most of the "heavy lifting" when the Rams use a lead blocker.

"It's important for all rookies to be in camp, but it's especially true for Brian because we have big plans for him in terms of his specific role," Linehan said.

The sooner Leonard grasps the offense, the quicker he can step into his role, which Linehan said might amount to 15 plays or so a game from scrimmage.

Seven of the Rams' eight draft picks now are under contract. Still unsigned is first-rounder Adam Carriker, the defensive lineman from Nebraska. But Carriker's agents are scheduled to meet with the Rams today in St. Louis in a negotiating session intended to strike a deal before the start of training camp.

Reporting day for players is Thursday, with the first camp practices Friday.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

time to get Carriker signed so I can get that #90 jersey ordered.I won't do it early because I fell like I could jinx him in his contract dealings.