Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leonard Leap

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Re: Leonard Leap

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    To all of you making this argument, how is his leaping any different than a wide reciever goin airborn to make a catch? It's not. He's in no more danger of getting injured than they are. Should recievers also stop jumping and only catch balls they can stay on the ground to catch? I think not.
    Easy, if the defender is not going up to challenge the catch (which is usually the case) and is just waiting to land a big shot, he will almost always be aiming for the body and not his feet. On the other hand a CB trying to take down a 220Lb running back will normally go for the legs/feet and could "up end" Leonard flipping him on his noggin. Assuming he can react fast enough.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Personnally, I'd rather get hit in the legs or knees when they're NOT connected to the ground. So, I say, "Leonard, fly man, fly"!
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good point, RFRH. So many, many knee problems arise from hits when the leg is supporting weight. And often, after a season or two, depending on the liquid inside the knee and other factors (I'm certainly not an orthopedic surgeon!), the highly common orthoscopic intervention is required to heal or even reconstruct the area. Even college players go through this.

Suffice to remember the tragic ending of an entire career ahead of one of the best RBs of all time -- Gale Sayers, demolished by a devastating, but clean, tackle that got him in the knee. The sports medicine in the mid 60s was far from today's technology but still, it was a terrible injury.

No, I trust Brian Leonard will wise up continously as a pro Ram and be successful, leaps or no leaps. But as I mentioned in a previous post, they sure are a thing of beauty!

:bash:
    "Leonard, fly man, fly! -- RFRH

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123