Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Leonard Little vs. Julius Peppers

Who is the better end right now, leonard little or julius peppers. Tony Soprano brought this up to me, and i have to give him full credit for putting this idea for a thread into my head.

Tony makes the point, with which i agree 100%, that peppers gets a lot more suport from his defensive tackles. Personally, I think little is the single best defensive end in the nfc. He is so great against the run and this is going to be a return to greatness year for him as a pass rusher.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Leonard Little vs. Julius Peppers

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Who is the better end right now, leonard little or julius peppers. Tony Soprano brought this up to me, and i have to give him full credit for putting this idea for a thread into my head.

Tony makes the point, with which i agree 100%, that peppers gets a lot more suport from his defensive tackles. Personally, I think little is the single best defensive end in the nfc. He is so great against the run and this is going to be a return to greatness year for him as a pass rusher.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I agree. Leonard. Leonard always gets double or triple teamed because our Dtackles suck
    RamsFan16

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Kris Jenkins is a stud in the middle of that Panthers line.. I think the Ram's envisioned Kennedy do the same thing for us and Kris Jenkins has done for Carolina. Jenkins was hurt most of last year and Peppers sack numbers dropped accordingly.

Peppers is a hell of a player. Little is like a Hurricane moving through on that Left Side. Many teams design their plays away from Little or they account for him with an extra blocker.

See ya!

RealRam is online now Registered User

Physically, maybe Peppers. Performance, I think Little has a slight edge. :angryram:

Good, fair comprarison.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

If we're adding the time factor, I'd have to take a 25-year-old Peppers over a 31-year-old Little. With D-Lew not able to consistently occupy multiple blockers, I'd say more pressure has been on Little than Peppers which may account for Peppers having better numbers at a younger age, but I'd still take Peppers at this point.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Peppers hands down. No questions. Charley Brown could be lined up next to him and he'd still perform.

majorram is offline Registered User

If Little has some support from the rest of the D-line WATCH OUT BOYS!!!! I reckon Little is one of the best pure pass rushers in the leaque and by far the best D player we have!!! Hargrove and the rest of the line have just gotto take away the double teams that Little faces week in week out!!

steve:clanram:

adarian_too is offline Registered User

After seeing Little's closing speed on a number of downfield tackles over the years, I can't help but wonder if he isn't misplaced and should be starting instead at the weakside LB position.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, he was a LB at Tennessee

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

I think Peppers eventually breaks the Sack record (and I'm not joking).. But, he does have really good talent around him on that line..

Little has a shot at DEF MVP. He's that good. Unfortunately, the Sports media seems to overlook him.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

It’s a coin toss but I will pick Peppers age as the deciding factor.

Littles sack total has been slightly down. But he continues to make a lot of tackles.
    Little did not have as good a year last year when he had the legal troubles hanging over his head. You have to wonder if it affected his play and if he can maintain that desire that he has shown.

Little will have a good year but Hargrove this year will not provide as much pressure as Wistrom used to. Hargrove is still learning and with this being his first full year as a starter he has not gained the confidence and knowledge of what he wants to do each and every down
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -08-24-2005 at 10:11 PM.

DanS761 is offline Registered User

Your're kidding me right? Leonard Little better then Julius Peppers? LL could hold JP's jock strap. Please dont tell me all Rams fans think LL is better then JP? Not saying LL isnt good, but common. I'm a hawks fan and can make the argument Alexander is the #1 RB, but I dont think he is. Top 3.

Are there any Rams out there that havent lost thier mind and know that JP is a better DE?

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Are there any Rams out there that havent lost thier mind and know that JP is a better DE?
    1 Hour Ago 02:06 AM
    Have you ever seen Peppers chase down RB's 20, 30 yards down field?

I sure haven't.

LL gets my vote. :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DanS761
    Your're kidding me right? Leonard Little better then Julius Peppers? LL could hold JP's jock strap. Please dont tell me all Rams fans think LL is better then JP? Not saying LL isnt good, but common. I'm a hawks fan and can make the argument Alexander is the #1 RB, but I dont think he is. Top 3.

Hey idiot. This is Ram Talk not Smack Talk. If you have a problem with our opinions go to the Smack talk forum and let us see what your crying about.
    RamsFan16

XxXdragonXxX is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    Have you ever seen Peppers chase down RB's 20, 30 yards down field?

I sure haven't.

LL gets my vote. :clanram:

Little wouldn't have to do that if he could stop them at the line.

Julius Peppers is THE BEST defensive end in the NFL right now, BAR NONE. He can rush the passer AND stop the run, Leonard Little is a one trick pony, pass-rushing defensive end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast