Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Leonard Little vs. Julius Peppers

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Hey idiot. This is Ram Talk not Smack Talk. If you have a problem with our opinions go to the Smack talk forum and let us see what your crying about.
    Disagreeing with our opinions is perfectly fine. Calling someone an idiot, now that's something that you need to save for the Smack forum.

As for the LL vs JP debate, I'd firmly vote for Peppers. The guy is an amazing athlete, and is arguably the best DE in the league, let alone the NFC. He's a stud. Little I think is great, not the one trick pony dragon claims he is, but even considering the rest of the talent on Carolina's line, I think Peppers take the cake.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

DanS761 is offline Registered User

Hey idiot. This is Ram Talk not Smack Talk. If you have a problem with our opinions go to the Smack talk forum and let us see what your crying about.

Ouch RamsFan i'm an idiot? Looks like I touched a nerve.

You think Little is a better DE then Peppers and I'm the idiot? Are you kidding me?

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Little can play the run very well.

Quick penetration certainly disrupts the running game more so than anything else, plus the opposition has to account for Little making tackles from the backside (in pursuit) where 99% of the time they don't.

Little is more than a speed rusher and quite strong.. He's not the archetype speed rusher..

/

RamsFanForLife is offline Registered User

Yeah well, Little shouldn't even be showcasing his talents on the field right now, he should be in prison, no doubt about that.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Rams and Little as a player, but he shouldn't even be on the field.

But Peppers is the best DE in the league hands down. I'd take Freeney over Little too.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

he should be in prison, no doubt about that.
    And exactly why should he be in prison?....because you said so?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Gee, could it be because he KILLED someone?!?!?! Hmmmmm, I don't know.........

After a drunken birthday in 1998, NFL star Leonard Little crashed into and killed another motorist. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent. Little received 60 days and 1000 hours of community service. Six years later, after the involuntary manslaughter conviction was wiped from his record, Little was again arrested for drunk driving.
    Leonard Little Arrested for Manslaughter

DanS761 is offline Registered User

he got off. Do you think OJ's innocent. Ray Lewis innocent? Michael Jackson innocent? Money can buy anything. Even your freedon. Great clever lawyers can make the jury think anything.

I understand that he got off, which is crap that was my whole point.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

This thread is for debating Leonard Little vs Julius Peppers. If you'd like to rehash Little's off the field issues, let's start a new thread please.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    This thread is for debating Leonard Little vs Julius Peppers. If you'd like to rehash Little's off the field issues, let's start a new thread please.
    Great idea. I can't believe this is still an issue with Seahawk fans.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Holmgren would love to have Little - that much I know !!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanForLife
    Don't get me wrong, I love the Rams and Little as a player, but he shouldn't even be on the field.
    You sure your a Rams fan? I mean your talking bad about Little and your from Washington... Hmm, just wondering is all
    RamsFan16

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

You sure your a Rams fan? I mean your talking bad about Little and your from Washington... Hmm, just wondering is all
    So let me see if I have this right...you are ONLY a Rams fan if you NEVER talk 'bad' about a Rams player/coach or youre from somewhere very near St Louis?? Ill wager a guess based on your WELL THOUGHT OUT POSTS that you are indeed "16". Focus on your school work young fella.

VipMattMan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    Kris Jenkins is a stud in the middle of that Panthers line.. I think the Ram's envisioned Kennedy do the same thing for us and Kris Jenkins has done for Carolina. Jenkins was hurt most of last year and Peppers sack numbers dropped accordingly.

Anyone who watched the Panthers last season knows Peppers had the best year of his career. Getting sacks isn't his only job as it is with an end like Dwight Freeney. He has to cover the run, and on a large proportion of passing plays he has to cover the TE instead of rushing the QB.

Then when you consider the fact that Peppers had 7 sacks in '03 (with Jenkins in all year), then 11 sacks last year (with Jenkins out for most of the year), it's apparent you're just making things up. Peppers was absolutely on fire the second half of last season with Jenkins out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    Have you ever seen Peppers chase down RB's 20, 30 yards down field?

I sure haven't.

A true sign of a person who hasn't watched Peppers play much. At first i genuinely thought you were being sarcastic, but i'll respond since i'm not so sure. Peppers is consistently down the field getting in on tackles. On one particular play last season Peppers chased and tackled Tampa Bay's Michael Pittman something like 50 or 60 yards down the field (i can't remember the exact number, but it was an incredible play), saving a sure touchdown.

Leonard Little isn't on the level of Peppers. Today's debate over the best DE in football is between Dwight Freeney (as a pure pass rusher), or Julius Peppers (as a complete DE). Some people even claim Michael Strahan will come back from last years injury and be the best in football. You won't find anyone but Rams fans making the claim that Leonard Little is the best, and i should think that most Rams fans don't believe he is.
    Last edited by VipMattMan; -08-26-2005 at 02:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12