Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Leonard Traded

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Leonard Traded

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Fair point about the dying art of the FB but just a casual glance at the current rosters of teams that might be considered power-running oriented -Pit,NYG,Balt- reveals at least two RBs listed at 230+ lbs at this early stage.

After SJ & Karney, I don't think any of our guys is over 220. That's a lot of banging through TC and pre-season for a key cog in our offense,no?

I'd rather see Adeyanju pull double duty at DT/DE and scrap a marginal widebody for a FB on the regular season roster.

If we need to be bigger and more physical, it surely has to include RB?
    Ok, I'll try again ..

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    More concerned that we don't seem to have even a UDFA developmental fullback behind Karney.
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post

Actually we do .. #48 ..his name is Jerome Johnson, (FB 6'-0" 258lbs)

(from Kolo tv by Josh Little)
    Jerome Johnson Signs Two-Year Contract with Rams
    Former Wolf Pack linebacker Jerome Johnson has signed a two-year contract with the St. Louis Rams.

Former Wolf Pack linebacker Jerome Johnson has agreed to a two-year contract with the St. Louis Rams. His agent, Bardia Ghahremani, confirmed the deal to KOLO-TV on Sunday.

The contract will pay Johnson $710,000 dollars (total), with a $5,000 signing bonus. He'll earn the league-minimum $310,000 in 2009 and $400,000 in 2010. NFL contracts are not guaranteed. If he fails to make the team, Johnson will only keep his signing bonus.

Johnson played linebacker for the Wolf Pack, recording 40 tackles in 13 games last season. He also had five tackles for loss, one interception and one fumble recovery. But he'll play offense with the Rams. He'll suit up in their backfield as either an H-back or a fullback.

The fact that he formerly played linebacker should help him contribute on special teams ...
    It is worthy of noting that Jerome was signed to a 2 year contract .. Billy and Spags must have seen something they liked ..

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    well..supposing its true..after all it is Rotoworld..

i did not see this one coming...i was expecting Leonard to have a bounce back year behind an improved line..tho i guess we had 5 RB and only 3 DT`s..

is it a straight swap or with extras? e.g future draft pick/s
    This one didn't surprise me that much. Leonard had some trade value, and we picked up Ogbonnaya in the draft. Best of luck to Mr Leonard.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

The Rams will feel the loss of Leonard about as much as California residents feel an earthquake tremor. Not much. Leonard was a head scratching pick from day 1.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

So we gave our second round pick for a camp body (technically).

Linehan pisses me off so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Ok, I'll try again ..

It is worthy of noting that Jerome was signed to a 2 year contract .. Billy and Spags must have seen something they liked ..
    Sorry, Maui; been a busy week so posting on the run a bit too much & not reading as carefully as I should.Hate it when work interferes with gassing about stuff I know nothing about

Thanks for the heads up/ update. Glad to hear that I'm not alone in FB-mania.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    The Rams will feel the loss of Leonard about as much as California residents feel an earthquake tremor. Not much. Leonard was a head scratching pick from day 1.
    Can't speak for the rest of the state but most real San Franciscans have an earthquake kit of some kind at home; water,radio,flashlight,etc, for the day when "the Big One" hits.

From my amateur perspective, I thought BL was our best option as The Rams' kit in case SJ goes down,aka "The Big One". Of course I hope I was wrong.

BLeonard is offline Registered User

Rams made a huge mistake when they traded Leonard....you guys will deeply regret this decision when Brian Leonard is opening up holes for LT in next years Pro Bowl....and i will be here to remind everyone....Mark my words!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345