RamWraith is offline Registered User

LeRoi Glover on Sirius Radio

NEW PLAYER
    LeRoi Glover on Sirius Radio

LeRoi ,evaluated Chris Long Jake Long and Glenn Dorsey.

He said "Chris Long is a high- Motor guy who has a soild blood line and give his all every play."

On Jake Long "A very dominate Tackle who could easily step in and play Right Tackle his first season.

ON Glenn Dorsey " The top DT in the draft, the only concerns might be a slight question about his Health, but he Is a "FOOTBALL PLAYER" and he will give you 100% every play.

Question " If you were the Rams GM who would you take" LeRoi replies "well i'd take Dorsey because i need some youngster to run and get me water and carry my equipment off the field for me" "I want a guy who can bunk with the DT's and do the things we need done"(everyone Laughed)

Question "How would evaluate the current Offensive Tackles"? LeRoi replied "Pace, is one of the best in the business when healthy, BARRON HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE A GOOD TACKLE....I think if the Rams decide to go with JAKE LONG, they may plug him in at RG and let him play this season,to prepare him to later takeover at a Tackle position. Some other teams were successfull with this, where i played , Kyle Turley in New Orleans and Flow Adams in Dallas."

Question "Were you upset that the Rams received no primetime games" LeRoi replied "Not really, i think you have to prove you deserve them by winning games,Losing all those offensive linemen, Bulger and Jackson for a period of time, pretty much sunk our ship in 2007.

Question "DO you think the Rams will Improve in 2008" LeRoi replied "You know this is not a 3-13 team, we are getting alot of injured players back from last year and with a Good draft this team Still has alot of Talent on both sides of the ball. I think teams who think we're the SAME 3-13 team from 2007, are going to get a surprise in 2008".

Wolf is offline Registered User

Re: LeRoi Glover on Sirius Radio

Good to hear. Interesting on how he talked about Long at guard and how guys like Turley and Adams were in the same situation and had good years at tackle.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Wow this was a great read.

I see why Glover wants a DT, but Glover isn't the starter. haha. So he's already got the young guys ahead of him. He still seems to show great leadership on the D-side of the ball. Which is a great thing.

He is right though. We're not a 3-13 team. He made a great point. We will be better, how much bettter? I dont know. But definately closer to .500

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Interesting that he only says Barron has the potential to be a good tackle. Wouldn't the implication there be that he is not one yet?

I think pretty much everyone who finishes at 3-13 doesn't really think they're a "3-13 team". I'm sure we will be better if the offensive line stays healthy this year, but we sure looked like a 3-13 team last year--especially on offense.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Interesting that he only says Barron has the potential to be a good tackle. Wouldn't the implication there be that he is not one yet?

I think pretty much everyone who finishes at 3-13 doesn't really think they're a "3-13 team". I'm sure we will be better if the offensive line stays healthy this year, but we sure looked like a 3-13 team last year--especially on offense.
    Exclude our starting offensive line, Marc Bulger and Steven Jackson, and see what our line up is. THAT my friend was the 3-13 team.

If our team stayed healthy all year, I don't think we're a 3-13 team...

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Exclude our starting offensive line, Marc Bulger and Steven Jackson, and see what our line up is. THAT my friend was the 3-13 team.

If our team stayed healthy all year, I don't think we're a 3-13 team...
    I agree, I don't think you can consider us a "normal" 3-13 team considering the injuries. We have the talent, though we must stay healthy.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Yes, clearly. And yet, Glover still seems to give Big Alex the benefit of doubt, implying there's hope (?).

Also, with a healthy team, i.e., not decimated by the 2007 crunch of casualties, plus a better O.C., we should be able to win seven more games than we did last season.

I liked Glover's imput. Thanks Wraith.

Ramer is offline Registered User

I agree with Glover, the Rams are not a 3 -13 team. With a healthy team and a good draft, we are going to have a positive 2008 season! Go Rams!!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Sounds about right.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Question "How would evaluate the current Offensive Tackles"? LeRoi replied "Pace, is one of the best in the business when healthy, BARRON HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE A GOOD TACKLE....I think if the Rams decide to go with JAKE LONG, they may plug him in at RG and let him play this season,to prepare him to later takeover at a Tackle position. Some other teams were successfull with this, where i played , Kyle Turley in New Orleans and Flow Adams in Dallas."
    LaRoi would make a great politician. He understands that Long MAY be a Ram, but Barron IS a Ram. So he says things like Barron has potential to be good, instead of Barron needs to get off his dead arse, and get to work! Also, he says things like Long would lineup next to Barron in the starting O-line. Which is crap! Truth be told.......okay fine, my opinion be told, Long takes Barron's job in training camp. Think about this way......

.....for two positions (RG, RT), you have three players: Long, Incognito, Barron; each with their own scenario.

1. RG Cogs, RT Barron --- Conclusion: Long is not ready to compete as he could not displace either veteran during camp. Maybe Long wasn't as NFL ready as everybody thought.

2. RG Long, RT Barron --- Conclusion: Long is the real deal and proves to be better than Cogs on the interior, but is not the blocker that Barron has become. In essence, Barron is a better RT than Cogs is RG.

3. RG Cogs, RT Long --- Conclusion: Long is exactly what everybody said he was....an elite RT who usurps Barron's spot. But what to do with Barron? Apparently, Cogs is a better RG than Barron is RT.

With certain assumptions in place (and IMO they are) that.....

1. Long is better than both Cogs and Barron
    2. Cogs is a better RG than Barron
    3. Barron is a better RT than Cogs....

....the only remaining question is: Is Cogs a better RG than Barron is RT or vice versa?

IMO, Cogs is a better RG than Barron is RT, therefore, I don't buy the Long at RG scenario. IF we draft Jake Long, the right side of the line belongs to Cogs and Long.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod