Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mikey

Thread: Les Snead for President!

Mikey is online now Registered User

Les Snead for President!

It's truly amazing to sit here and look at this team on paper right now. We still have four rounds in the draft and some free agency still to happen. And in three short off seasons Snead and Fisher and company have taken one of the worst rosters the NFL has ever seen and turned it into a grade A defense on paper. Only Chris Long, Quinn and James Laurinaitis are still on the defense from when these two took over. From offense only Saffold, Bradford and Kendricks remain from the team they took over.

Five starters remain of the twenty two when they took over now three years ago. That right there my friends is a truly amazing job of building a roster. We may not all agree with or understand the picks they make or the players they bring in via free agency, but it's hard to argue with those numbers. I know the next four rounds are going to add even more talent to this team and a couple guys who will contribute to the team significantly this coming season. I for one can't wait for the season to get here and I'm excited for the future of the Rams.
    Last edited by Mikey; -05-10-2014 at 12:13 PM.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

demiurge is offline Registered User

Re: Les Snead for President!

Yep - they are doing an outstanding job.

Ram Dragoon is online now Registered User

Re: Les Snead for President!

As a fan, I LOVE hunter-killer defenses and what they do to the flashy dynamic offenses. In that respect am loving what I see on the defense and hope the scouts and coaches have gotten the right pieces.

Am concerned about the offense--it has to score points. Ideally, to make the most of a buzz saw defense, you want an offense that puts pressure on opponents to score and then turn loose your defense and pin back their ears. Bad things happen when opponents have to run a spread offense to put points on the board in the face of a crushing defense; it seldom turns out well.

Much has been said about Schotty and his style of offense. Considering where the Rams have gone with the draft, its put up-or-shut up as to his prowess as to creativity and play calling this 2014 season